02-10-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All hail the Spotmatic-D

I have decided and so it should be.

02-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If we're suggesting names, my fond memories of the ME Super would lead me to MED Super (good for what ails you).
02-10-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Too frivolous IMHO. Numbers are where its at in naming these days.
02-10-2015, 03:20 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Z06
A Pentax and Corvette collaboration...

02-10-2015, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Too frivolous IMHO. Numbers are where its at in naming these days.
Naming it after one of the most significant SLRs in history, frivolous? I beg to differ and challenge you to a dual, good sir. Point and shoots at 50 paces.
02-10-2015, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
Naming it after one of the most significant SLRs in history, frivolous? I beg to differ and challenge you to a dual, good sir. Point and shoots at 50 paces.

Sorry, no P&S here but I could do a Battle of Qs.
02-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Sorry, no P&S here but I could do a Battle of Qs.
Q's are too good for this battle. I will loan you an old P&S of mine; choose your brand, Pentax, Fuji, Nikon or Olympus. Mind you I have one of the original Pentax Digital Cameras... Pentax EI C90 Reviews - PhotographyREVIEW.com

It still works.
02-10-2015, 08:21 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Q's are too good for this battle. I will loan you an old P&S of mine; choose your brand, Pentax, Fuji, Nikon or Olympus. Mind you I have one of the original Pentax Digital Cameras... Pentax EI C90 Reviews - PhotographyREVIEW.com

It still works.
Amazing how far we've come in 19 years.

---------- Post added 02-10-15 at 07:22 PM ----------

Z06
With racing stripes and ground effects.

02-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #9
Forum Member

Spotmatic-D was what I was thinking, too. However, I'm pretty sure the marketing types would keel over if this was dictated to them. Best we can hope for is K1000D, I suspect; but K-1 seems likely, in my opinion.
02-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Z06
If what we want is a strong sense of reliability and flawless operation, I would rather have a Pentax endorsed by Fisher Price or Tonka.... those things will simply never break and will last 5 generations in your family!

OTOH, if we want a the modern "daredevil" sense of insecurity and deception, then lets have Microsoft endorse our Pentax cameras.... hmmm, which makes me think: How are they doing in the smartphone business?
02-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

One of the other threads suggests the Pentax marketing people are looking into K-2, with a naming convention of rising, even numbers.
02-13-2015, 01:07 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rburgoss Quote
If what we want is a strong sense of reliability and flawless operation, I would rather have a Pentax endorsed by Fisher Price or Tonka.... those things will simply never break and will last 5 generations in your family!

OTOH, if we want a the modern "daredevil" sense of insecurity and deception, then lets have Microsoft endorse our Pentax cameras.... hmmm, which makes me think: How are they doing in the smartphone business?
Does Tonka still exist?

In defense of MS, I've built and used MS based NLE workstations for music production since Win3.1 and for the computer literate who need custom builds MS are second only to Linux AFAIC. One has to be aware of when they are distracted by consumer trends (as they were with Vista and Win8) and briefly lose the plot but they're OSs are usually good for more than a generation (Win XP) for scalable, purpose built, workstations. I know of at least one show on television that used an XP based NLE well into the Win7 era; I think Win7 will be the next XP in that regard. As for phones, they're consumer goods.
02-18-2015, 10:36 AM   #13
Site Supporter

My preference

I think I'd like KF-n where K signifies the mount, and F signifies Full-Frame, and then the numbers can go as they need to. Maybe follow the sequence of the K line and start with KF-10?
02-19-2015, 10:25 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Spotmatic-D? For a modern DSLR (and not a retro looking one), for me, it doesn't fit. Maybe it may be named like that in the future if there's a retro inspired Pentax full frame.
I'm guessing it might be named K-2 based from "clues" this CP+, or it might be named KZ-1 or K-Z1 or K-1z just like how Pentax named their past film SLR or how Ricoh named the 645z and other latest Pentax cameras, or it might simply called Z-1 like "The Pentax Zen" similar to 645z as in 645 Zen?

Last edited by richard balonglong; 02-19-2015 at 10:37 AM.
02-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter

I know everyone is into this nostalgia thing where new cameras have to be named after important film versions, but I really wish they wouldn't.

First, these are not recreations of old film cameras, not even close.

Second, they really screw up any google searches for information on the older models.

Maybe we could be original for once?