Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Personally, I hope they keep the VF as large as possible but not junk it up with too much info. The basic exposure data, aperture, shutter speed, ISO and compensation and the focus indicator is all I want. The rest of the data can be seen on the LCD monitor as required. I have my RAW button set to take a test exposure that is shown on the LCD monitor with histogram etc. but it doesn't write to the SD card.

02-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
In Av I have ISO on the front wheel. When I turn it to higher ISO, I get faster speeds. Kamera K5

This will not be working in AUTO ISO - what I said applies to the AV mode in AUTO ISO - only !
02-15-2015, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
This will not be working in AUTO ISO - what I said applies to the AV mode in AUTO ISO - only !
Ah, I understand.
Not good, I agree.

There is one option that allows you to get 1/250 at least:

Menu 1 /3: ISO AUTO Setting
AUTO ISO Parameters: Fast
Slow gives 1/60
02-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Ah, I understand.
Not good, I agree.

There is one option that allows you to get 1/250 at least:

Menu 1 /3: ISO AUTO Setting
AUTO ISO Parameters: Fast
Slow gives 1/60
Thanks, I set it to 'slow' in auto-iso parameters... it defaults to 1/60 even though I set PLINE to speed.
Now, I set to 'medium' in auto-iso parameters, it defaults to 1/125 which is what I want.
and if set to 'fast', it defaults to 1/250 to begin with....

Great stuff!!

02-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Well, I'm going to be the first "give me an onboard flash" post on this thread. Yes, I know that plenty of Canons do not have one, but PopPhoto routinely dings Canon for leaving it out, even for pro models. Put it around the hump and not on top of the hump, if need be. And yes, I know it is distance limited, but it can be highly useful for throwing some fill flash. Separate yourself from Canon by including the flash; it needn't be an extraordinary onboard flash. Put the work on improving the flash system into making sure that external flashes work very well.
02-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Ah, I understand. Not good, I agree. There is one option that allows you to get 1/250 at least: Menu 1 /3: ISO AUTO Setting AUTO ISO Parameters: Fast Slow gives 1/60
Yeah, that might be working for K-5 , no such option for K-01, not to mention the K10D or other legacy DSLR - so I think it would be nice if Ricoh added us simple an option to STATE the speed we want to use as a threshold for AUTO ISO change.
02-15-2015, 11:15 AM   #22

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I think that if the camera is still in development, we could ask Ricoh's engineers for 2 important things:

1. The best and the biggest OVF between FF cameras. 100% 0.8x, for example.
Bigger than Canon EOS-1D X - 100% 0.76x and A900 100% 0.74x.
Good for MF and AF.

2. To lay AF points wider - and it will make Pentax FF camera more attractive.

Even Canon EOS-1D X has AF points close to center, yes, it has 61 points and 61 points are advantage, of course.
I've been thinking the same basic things, ogl. Also, Pentax, please add an optical split prism focusing screen to that bright viewfinder!

A bit off topic, but if they implement additional and wider spread focus points, they could hopefully readily adapt them into a 645Zii camera to reduce one of its main criticisms - that of the focus points being too crammed together in the middle due to its copied design from the K-3. Of course, a better option for a 645Zii would be a focus module specifically designed for that format.

Daryl
02-15-2015, 11:48 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I thought that with M42 lenses you should not use AV but M mode instead !!!

02-15-2015, 02:33 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
I thought that with M42 lenses you should not use AV but M mode instead !!!
No, many people actually prefer using m42 lenses in stopped-down AV mode and get instant meeter feedback (and also get the EV compensation ) - instead M mode and green button. The M mode with Green Button is actually most useful for -M and -K lenses. So the convenience of using M42 lenses in AV is limited with the minimal shutter speed set in stone. Having it adjustable would be much more useful .
02-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #25
Veteran Member

No, many people actually prefer using m42 lenses in stopped-down AV mode and get instant meeter feedback (and also get the EV compensation ) - instead M mode and green button. The M mode with Green Button is actually most useful for -M and -K lenses. So the convenience of using M42 lenses in AV is limited with the minimal shutter speed set in stone. Having it adjustable would be much more useful .
Of course! I missed that part as I don't use M42s ! Thanks.
02-15-2015, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

OK, this is a BIG ONE -I forgot one CRUCIAL function

Not sure if that was was already mentioned, sorry if it was. Please add a way to save LAST TAKEN SHOT, stored in internal memory. HOW MANY of you have lost a shot because we forgot to put the card in ?? I DID - many times - some photos were irreplaceable ! - I always was cursing the one responsible for not giving me an option to save the last taken shot when I put my card in. I mean how difficult that is to store the data that are already in the memory ?? - pretty much the same way as they do with data BEFORE they store them into the card. Just let us save the content of the buffer please !!!

Last edited by manntax; 02-16-2015 at 01:45 AM.
02-16-2015, 01:15 AM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I'm quite accustomed to mashing my bespectacled face against the viewfinder and even having to move around a bit to see the whole frame.

...sorry, I couldn't help but make that comparison.
02-16-2015, 02:40 AM   #28

I would suggest something that I haven't heard a lot, but could interest many people:

I would like to see an adapted IR filter, like Canon did with the 60Da or Nikon with the D810a in order to have an "astronomy-ready" FF DSLR. The Canon is old and has a crappy IR filter, and the Nikon D810a is very expensive. If Pentax launches a less expensive astronomy oriented FF, the could attract a lot of Canonists!

And please, get rid of the 12 bits RAW in the lower end Pentaxes!!
02-16-2015, 07:40 AM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote

...sorry, I couldn't help but make that comparison.
Just about right. Add a little up & down motion to see the display information at the bottom of the
viewfinder.

It get even worse when I have the right angle finder attached...