Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimC1101 Quote
One thing I notice is that there is no jack for headphones just as the K-3 has. I still think that the camera we see now really is a 3D plastic mock up and we will see a few changes between now and when it is released.
Agreed, but it certainly looks promising so far. One thing it won't be thou is a popup flash as it's officially not on the FF according to Pentax.

02-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #32
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
what's the extra button for?
Insert more awesomeness immediately.
02-18-2015, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hogdriver Quote
It is a Klingon cloaking activation button.
Klingon voice control would be both more realistic and way more unexpected!
02-18-2015, 03:36 PM   #34
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Assuming the 3D printed mock-up just didn't switch the PC port with the flash pop-up button:

Does it cycle through various viewfinder options? Crop mode? What's the best wildest guess?
If it had a flash, I'm sure they would have put a button there. Not having a flash gives the camera extra space for a larger VF.

I think the second button would be customizable just like the existing raw/fx button.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-18-2015, 03:43 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ooh Ooh I know! It becomes the shutter button when in portrait selfie mode!

(OK how many of you are going to go grab your camera and see if I am in the neighborhood?)
02-18-2015, 04:10 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It turns on the anti-photo bomb feature which snaps the shutter just before annoying objects or people move into the way of your intended shot. This is made possible by the Pentax Precognition Central Processing Unit (PP-CPU) housed in the place where the pop up flash would normally live.
02-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #37
Pentaxian

My guess? The crop feature for using non-FF lenses on the body. There is no need for a flash button as there is no internal flash on the camera.

02-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Assuming the 3D printed mock-up just didn't switch the PC port with the flash pop-up button:

Does it cycle through various viewfinder options? Crop mode? What's the best wildest guess?
APS-C Crop Mode?
02-19-2015, 10:13 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by regor Quote
APS-C Crop Mode?
In all seriousness if the body has a crop mode I sincerely hope it is more than FF/Crop. I hope for something like 1.1x, 1.2x, 1.3x, 1.4x, 1.5x; then your lenses that don't quite make FF without heavy vignetting (DA* 60-250 f/4) could be used without having to manually go back and crop or fix those corners.

So if the button cycles through the list of available crop modes that would be pretty cool.
02-19-2015, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #40
Veteran Member

I think it's an additional customisable button dedicated for lens or aperture control/setting, and its default setting could be an Optical Preview Button for convenience for people using K or M lenses. Or there might be a new setting that could "fill up" the absence of aperture coupler.
02-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #41

Every time you get a nice picture, you can press it. It will be a celebration button. It is wireless connected to electrodes in the @#$@# of DP review crew members and canikon fanboys. Yep, is for electroshock, and yes, UN and Amnisty International are ok with that.