Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Import Duty on Digital Camera from Japan is Zero. I just ran it through the calculator at $2,300.
and importing from Japan to Spain??

02-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
and importing from Japan to Spain??
Zero Import Duty.

If Pentaxeros hasn't figured the VAT my calculator says it is 21% VAT or 420€ = 2,420€
02-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Zero Import Duty.

If Pentaxeros hasn't figured the VAT my calculator says it is 21% VAT or 420€ = 2,420€
That is assuming that all taxes and everything is not included at this rumored price.. mmm.. we'll have to wait and see. Cuz if is as you said that the final price will be around €2420 that means that at the US should be something around $2735 .. and that is just $200 less than the D810 ...

---------- Post added 02-23-15 at 04:08 PM ----------

mmmmmm checking their website Pentax Full Frame (cuerpo), La Tienda Pentaxeros

This price already have the 21% sales tax.. so is €2000 and not 2420 ... I dont know if im wrong.. but the sales tax at the US depends of the state right? so my guess is that the price at the US COULD BE lower than the €2000.

Checking the Amazon price of the K3 at Spain both at Prime it says that K3 at US body is at €919 ( $1040 ) ..

http://www.amazon.es/Pentax-K3-Cuerpo-cámara-réflex/dp/B00FOPHY0U/ref=sr_1_1...ords=pentax+k3

And checking the US store K3 is at $859

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-3-SLR-Camera-Body/dp/B00FKLQ0LW/ref=sr_1_1?ie...ords=Pentax+K3

So mmmmm looks like Spain average price is higher than US ...

But.. nothing sure... im just checking actual prices... kind of to make an idea of what could be the US price..

Last edited by kooks; 02-23-2015 at 03:20 PM.
02-23-2015, 03:11 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is assuming that all taxes and everything is not included at this rumored price.. mmm.. we'll have to wait and see. Cuz if is as you said that the final price will be around €2420 that means that at the US should be something around $2735 .. and that is just $200 less than the D810 ...

---------- Post added 02-23-15 at 04:08 PM ----------

mmmmmm checking their website Pentax Full Frame (cuerpo), La Tienda Pentaxeros

This price already have the 21% sales tax.. so is €2000 and not 2420 ... I dont know if im wrong.. but the sales tax at the US depends of the state right? so my guess is that the price at the US COULD BE lower than the €2000.
Okay. So multiply 2,000 times 5/6 = about €1,666 for the base price.

Or about $1,880 USD @ 1:1.133265 €/$, before sales tax. That just seems too low.

Sales tax here varies by location, right down to the municipality. I literally just paid the sales tax this afternoon on a new car - 8.87587% and they used a locator number for my garage to determine the actual tax rate. There's no VAT here, either.

But it isn't 21% basically anywhere (and there's NONE on purchases over the internet in most cases.).

Last edited by monochrome; 02-23-2015 at 03:20 PM.
02-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Or about $1,880 USD @ 1:1.133265 €/$, before sales tax. That just seems too low.

Sales tax here varies by location, right down to the municipality. I literally just paid the sales tax this afternoon on a new car - 8.87587% and they used a locator number for my garage to determine the actual tax rate. There's no VAT here, either.

But it isn't 21% basically anywhere (and there's NONE on purchases over the internet in most cases.).
Yeah .. it depends.. for example i know that in Florida if you buy using Amazon the sales tax is around 6%.. it used to be nothing..

---------- Post added 02-23-15 at 04:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Maybe. But you have to remember that the lenses are priced pretty high. I expect more of the same. FA limited refit, with all of them priced over 1000 dollars, a 24-70 f2.8 for 2 grand as well. Seems to fit with the idea of selling a lot of camera for a reasonable price and then trying to get folks to buy high priced glass.
Im guessing that is going to be the strategy around here.. sell a lot of bodys so they can sell all the new lenses too also to grow their FF market "fast" .
02-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #36
Forum Member

Original Poster
I'm guessing that B and H or Adorama wil be the first in show the prices in the U.S. Or they could wait for an official announcement including full specs from pentax. Specs are expected soon!

---------- Post added 02-23-15 at 07:17 PM ----------

I originally gave an exchange value of $2276.90. But did not consider taxes variations, so these calculations supersede my simple guessing. Wow! Less than $2000.00. It better be a good Pentax quality FF.
02-23-2015, 05:03 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Maybe. But you have to remember that the lenses are priced pretty high. I expect more of the same. FA limited refit, with all of them priced over 1000 dollars, a 24-70 f2.8 for 2 grand as well. Seems to fit with the idea of selling a lot of camera for a reasonable price and then trying to get folks to buy high priced glass.
Yes. The money is in the glass. Move lots of bodies to drive demand for glass, and once people own a lot of glass they tend to stay with a system.

Pretty aggressive pricing and a bold move if true.

02-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Ok there are several things to make clear around here as not everybody can speak/read spanish ..

I just checked the Pentaxeros.com forum and actually they talk that some people around here dont believe the price .. the Pentaxeros store owner claims that he already have THE PRICE, THE DATE when the Full Frame will be available to sell.. SO, basically this information according to him is TRUE! .. the €2000 is a real price.

The guy also said that he did this "Pre-Order" page so he can market the Pentaxeros store better, doing this before the competition start to do it... this is part of his marketing plan for the his store.
02-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #39
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ok there are several things to make clear around here as not everybody can speak/read spanish ..

I just checked the Pentaxeros.com forum and actually they talk that some people around here dont believe the price .. the Pentaxeros store owner claims that he already have THE PRICE, THE DATE when the Full Frame will be available to sell.. SO, basically this information according to him is TRUE! .. the €2000 is a real price.

The guy also said that he did this "Pre-Order" page so he can market the Pentaxeros store better, doing this before the competition start to do it... this is part of his marketing plan for the his store.
Pentaxeros also confirmed this price with Adam, earlier in this thread.
02-24-2015, 04:27 PM   #40
FOX

Photos: Gallery
It seems vapor, but I also know Mika and if he's putting this preorder and this price, must be for a good reason. Even if he should rectify a bit later or price turns out to be slightly different, I'd bet that's not that much. I'm sure his clients appreciate at least the option to be first in queue.
02-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Sales tax here varies by location, right down to the municipality. I literally just paid the sales tax this afternoon on a new car - 8.87587% and they used a locator number for my garage to determine the actual tax rate. There's no VAT here,
either.

VAT is sales tax..just another name in Europe & another % from 20-25%!!! but free medical,schools,univ.,etc...
02-26-2015, 11:31 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Listed on Park Camera's website in the UK see LINK See Development Products
Maybe vapour but it is getting retail attention.
I will buy one at the price they have listed. 0 GBP. ;-)
02-26-2015, 01:06 PM   #43

So it's what, a rumour you have to pay for? I love the film-era-esque purchase site, and I do like how they've sorted out the selection of optics (separate section for DAs that cover the full-frame, etc.) but what do they do when they've got 1200 pre-orders and the thing is announced for €500 more than that? The shop pays the difference? Wait....
Actually, scratch that. I think I'm going to pre-order right now

---------- Post added 02-26-15 at 01:07 PM ----------

Oh, nevermind. Look at the product photos, that's just the price for the 3D-printed mockup and a FA31ltd.
02-26-2015, 01:27 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ragmanjin Quote
So it's what, a rumour you have to pay for? I love the film-era-esque purchase site, and I do like how they've sorted out the selection of optics (separate section for DAs that cover the full-frame, etc.) but what do they do when they've got 1200 pre-orders and the thing is announced for €500 more than that? The shop pays the difference? Wait....
Actually, scratch that. I think I'm going to pre-order right now

---------- Post added 02-26-15 at 01:07 PM ----------

Oh, nevermind. Look at the product photos, that's just the price for the 3D-printed mockup and a FA31ltd.
The Pentaxeros store have some good reputation in Spain and the owner clamed to have the right info for this announcement ( date and price )... so it could be true.. but, nothing is 100% real until we see the official announcement, but i dont really think that the price is going to be to different, judging by the person who did this "pre-order".
02-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #45

The Pentaxeros store have some good reputation in Spain and the owner clamed to have the right info for this announcement ( date and price )... so it could be true.. but, nothing is 100% real until we see the official announcement, but i dont really think that the price is going to be to different, judging by the person who did this "pre-order".
I'm just poking fun when I was living in Argentina I had a couple friends who swore by the site — even if only for its forums, as shipping products to South America has its own set of issues.