Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #1
Forum Member

Pentaxeros already reserving the pentax ff for...

Not sure if this was posted already but the spanish language forum pentaxeros is already reserving the pentax ff for 2000.00€. A quik check tells me that it is around $2276.90. Body only. Free shipping to Andorra Belgium España Francia Germany Gibraltar Holanda Italia Portugal. They say availability is for oct. 15, 2015. Complete specs in spring. The price includes taxes.
Pentax Full Frame (cuerpo), La Tienda Pentaxeros

02-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery
This is vapor product....
02-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Speculation (apart from the fact that the product will come out).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-21-2015, 02:57 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
This is vapor product....
Sorry but what do you mean by vapor product?

02-21-2015, 03:00 PM   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Caribe Quote
Sorry but what do you mean by vapor product?
If you advertise a product that is not in production, nor has reached the stage of finalising the specs to go to production, you are advertising a non excisting product. I would never ever buy anything from a store that promises me to deliver a non excisting product. That's a vapor product to me (or a fake product).
02-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Listed on Park Camera's website in the UK see LINK See Development Products
Maybe vapour but it is getting retail attention.
02-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
If you advertise a product that is not in production, nor has reached the stage of finalising the specs to go to production, you are advertising a non excisting product. I would never ever buy anything from a store that promises me to deliver a non excisting product. That's a vapor product to me (or a fake product).
I agree about the speculation and vapor, the uk website has it listed but no price. Pentaxeros store does have some loyal clients according to what I read in their forums.

02-21-2015, 04:05 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Placeholder image and some basic text in their database for the website. Nothing more than this. The spanish site seems to be putting things on there that are rumours (I don't speak Spanish but have guessed a little!!)
02-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eonb Quote
Placeholder image and some basic text in their database for the website. Nothing more than this. The spanish site seems to be putting things on there that are rumours (I don't speak Spanish but have guessed a little!!)
The pentaxeros store even has a preorder price of 800€, 1200€ when in stock. I don't see if this is a webpage trial. It is not my intention to discredit pentaxeros, hey i'm just reporting. But it will be interesting to see how it ends.
http://www.tiendapentaxeros.com/fotografia/pentax-full-frame-cuerpo-p-2244.html
02-21-2015, 05:30 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would never ever buy anything from a store that promises me to deliver a non excisting product. That's a vapor product to me (or a fake product).
Airlines do it all the time.

Vapor Product describes a product which is announced to stirr up the market, without any intention to really develop, produce, and deliver. Some decades ago, IBM was famous for that. In most cases the idea is to stop customers buying a new and innovative product of a competitor.

An example would be: Pentax offers a new DSLR with a couple of outstanding, never before seen features. Within a few days, Canon and Nikon would tell they are in the final development stage for an even better DSLR, for less money. And they would never deliver, just hoping this strategy would kill Pentax.

But there are many products, mainly extremely expensive ones needing a long time to develop, which are often "sold" before they even exist.
Examples would be limited luxury and sport cars, trains, airplanes.
02-21-2015, 05:54 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Today, February is almost finnished. So, March, April, ....September. Only seven month between today, and the launch on the market. Seems to me that this is the time needed to complet the production line, and make the first production run. I'd would be very surprised to find out that today there are no functional prototypes around, and fully tested.

Did you really think that what they presented at CP+ is the present state of the FF project?

Last edited by JimmyDranox; 02-21-2015 at 08:01 PM.
02-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well October seems to be the month.. i have read at several places that they plan to have it on the street by that time.. if is like that.. Pentax is already finishing their testings in order to start doing their production... there should be some EXIMs around somewhere in the near future.
02-22-2015, 12:51 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Today, February is almost finnished. So, March, April, ....September. Only seven month between today, and the launch on the market. Seems to me that this is the time needed to complet the production line, and make the first production run. I'd would be very surprised to find out that today there are no functional prototypes around, and fully tested.

Did you really think that what they presented at CP+ is the present state of the FF project?
In some industries the retailers are placing their orders for the holiday season right abot now. I don't suggest that is the case with dSLR's but certainly Pentax has informed retailers what the production plans are, the price indications, volume deals, advertising support (yes, they support on-line retailer product placements) and such.

Of course they don't want to reveal their internal state of readiness - Nikon, Canon, Oly and Fuji would immediately respond to block Ricoh at every turn.

There have been one-off protoytpes in the field for at least 6 months in various configurations.
02-22-2015, 01:33 PM   #14
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In some industries the retailers are placing their orders for the holiday season right abot now. I don't suggest that is the case with dSLR's but certainly Pentax has informed retailers what the production plans are, the price indications, volume deals, advertising support (yes, they support on-line retailer product placements) and such.

This is true and also a difficult situation. I think that Ricoh has to take their chances on this one. Overhere retailers are having a hard time. So stockiing camera's that don't sell fast is a risk. Something that is more and more being a problem. So you stock what you know that sells and not the ones that maybe make a sale.
02-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #15

Hi all,

I am also a Pentaxeros forum member and one of the loyal clients of their store...and I think those who are calling this a ¨vapor¨ or ¨fake¨ product are jumping to conclusions. The online Pentaxeros store has excisted since 2008 and was, until last year when a french store was opened, the first and only online store that specializes in Pentax products. The store´s owner Mika is a well known pentaxian and a very serious person, I believe Adam knows him...

So if he is offering the opportunity to reserve the new Pentax FF, it is something that shouldn´t be taken lightly...and maybe you all should hurry to place your pre-order in ¨¨La Tienda Pentaxeros¨

Best

Last edited by SUPERNACHO; 02-22-2015 at 02:22 PM. Reason: to add an "of" in the first line :)