Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2015, 03:08 PM   #16
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SUPERNACHO Quote
The store´s owner Mika is a well known pentaxian and a very serious person, I believe Adam knows him...

I think I'm pretty sure they know eachother, since I have them both on one image at the Photokina 2012 in the backoffice of the Pentax booth.

Well maybe the camera should go in the shop once Ricoh has decided how many megapixels will be inside

02-22-2015, 11:49 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentaxeros contacted me in response to this thread. Just wanted to let you guys know that they're assuring me the pricing and launch info is trustworthy. I think they're also super excited about the launch

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2015, 12:50 AM   #18
Pentaxian

competitive price as well, nice!
02-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
that is the price that I was expecting... Let's see if is true after all. But at that price looks really attractive.. Around $500+/- more than the A7ii and less than the D750.

02-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #20
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
Well October seems to be the month.. i have read at several places that they plan to have it on the street by that time.. if is like that.. Pentax is already finishing their testings in order to start doing their production... there should be some EXIMs around somewhere in the near future.
Sounds about right.. K-3 was released in November.. if that means anything.
02-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #21
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentaxeros contacted me in response to this thread. Just wanted to let you guys know that they're assuring me the pricing and launch info is trustworthy. I think they're also super excited about the launch
Well for 1.999 euro..... I'm in!
02-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Im wondering .. if the price is around that... Does it means that the sensor that they are using is the 24mp?? .. if is like that.. we can expect a really nice ISO handling..

02-23-2015, 01:11 PM   #23
Forum Member

Original Poster
Great news! And a nice develpoment of this thread! I wonder, will it be correct if we figure that the U.S. price would be as simple as using the $ equivalent? Would it be less? Higher price? What is the trend of these prices?
02-23-2015, 01:12 PM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually, the price rumored is rather disappointingly low.
02-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Caribe Quote
will it be correct if we figure that the U.S. price would be as simple as using the $ equivalent? Would it be less? Higher price? What is the trend of these prices?
int the equation should be the exchange rate of the yen/dollar/euro
02-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well for 1.999 euro..... I'm in!
Mee too, even I don't have the money

Need some discussions with my wife?
02-23-2015, 01:52 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
int the equation should be the exchange rate of the yen/dollar/euro
But it also depends of the taxes that cameras have to pay at the differnet countries.. .. perhaps importing fees from the US are lower than Spain.. so MAYBE.. MAYBEEE.. the price could be even lower.. but i dont know.. perhaps we can compare for how much was the K3 selling at Spain when it was release and for how much at Adorama for example.
02-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Actually, the price rumored is rather disappointingly low.
Maybe. But you have to remember that the lenses are priced pretty high. I expect more of the same. FA limited refit, with all of them priced over 1000 dollars, a 24-70 f2.8 for 2 grand as well. Seems to fit with the idea of selling a lot of camera for a reasonable price and then trying to get folks to buy high priced glass.
02-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
But it also depends of the taxes that cameras have to pay at the differnet countries.. .. perhaps importing fees from the US are lower than Spain.. so MAYBE.. MAYBEEE.. the price could be even lower.. but i dont know.. perhaps we can compare for how much was the K3 selling at Spain when it was release and for how much at Adorama for example.
Import Duty on Digital Camera from Japan is Zero. I just ran it through the calculator at $2,300.
02-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Maybe. But you have to remember that the lenses are priced pretty high. I expect more of the same. FA limited refit, with all of them priced over 1000 dollars, a 24-70 f2.8 for 2 grand as well. Seems to fit with the idea of selling a lot of camera for a reasonable price and then trying to get folks to buy high priced glass.
I sure hope that's their strategy. They're showing a lot of lens if the intended camera isn't Top-of-the-Line hard professional.

Then again, a dSLR has a half-life of about 30 months - and as you have written before - a lens is a "Decade Purchase".

This is daunting for a hobbyist:

$2,500 = Camera Body
$2,300 = 70~200/2.8
$2,300 = 24~70/2.8 (probably)
$7,100

$3,600 = (3 @ $1,000 average) HD D-FA Limiteds (I have the SMC Limiteds)
$2,500 = 150~450

I don't have that kind of money for this. If it isn't a true professional camera then I'm one enthusiast who will be less than enthusiastic.

SO . . . . . they'll need to keep the APSc top end camera and DA Limited line relevant to keep me interested in buying more gear.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-23-2015 at 03:07 PM.