Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2015, 10:36 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Just confused what @Zapp is trying to say. I don't understand what "DA lenses are obsolete" means? They are APS-C lens so they still work on APS-C, right? Maybe I am missing something. Or maybe it is a translation issue.
Its the same as people arguing the older Pentax glass is obsolete because they don't work the same way they did on film cameras, but, they still work on the film cameras they were designed to work on.. so what's the issue. When I worked in the computer store, one of my favourite lines when people would say "Computers are advancing so quickly it's hard to buy one now. Next year they'll be so much better." The answer is "They will always do what they were designed to do...." and my 10 year old iBook, still does what ti was designed to do.I had to buy a new machine when I started using Aperture for my post processing...but I have mapping software on my older machines I still use, and have never seen the need to move onto the newer machines. I'm using a machine clock in Mhz, not Ghz, with a 20 GB hard drive. When I'm away from home it still does email and some web surfing, and still runs the software I bought it to run. The fact that there's better and different changes nothing. It does what I bought it for. Did I buy it expecting it to be the greatest thing since sliced bread forever? Please..... I feel absolutely no regret about buying my DA lenses. They do what I bought them to do.

You don't see people complain they can't use the 13 inch tires off their mini on their half ton, do you?

Last edited by normhead; 04-08-2015 at 02:11 PM.
04-08-2015, 10:41 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Just confused what @Zapp is trying to say.
"PentaxIsDoomed"
04-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #33
Site Supporter

asahi man knows what he talks about

And i can add, not to piss off the old school pentaxians, but the FF is a result of FORWARD thinking, not backwards. The camera house and the new lenses, are primarily for capturing more pros and bigger chunk of the marked. Not to please the ones who like things the way it used to be. BUT they will not forget about them either. Some more camera news will come. Even this year. So stay positive
04-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #34
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
"PentaxIsDoomed"
Oh, that explains it.
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Some more camera news will come. Even this year. So stay positive
This year?? That is too long, we need more news this MONTH!!!!

04-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Oh, that explains it.

This year?? That is too long, we need more news this MONTH!!!!
More like 10 minutes ago.
04-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #36
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
More like 10 minutes ago.
Yeah, this place is getting dull. We have not had a good rumor announcement it like forever...........

---------- Post added 04-08-15 at 12:39 PM ----------

Well except for Kenspo of course! Thank you Kenspo! You have no idea how much an official even semi-official Ricoh presence here means.

I am constantly appalled at the marketing opportunities lost by Ricoh not actively engaging on this forum. But I digress.........
04-08-2015, 12:50 PM   #37
Site Supporter

Yeah, this place is getting dull. We have not had a good rumor announcement it like forever...........

---------- Post added 04-08-15 at 12:39 PM ----------

Well except for Kenspo of course! Thank you Kenspo! You have no idea how much an official even semi-official Ricoh presence here means.

I am constantly appalled at the marketing opportunities lost by Ricoh not actively engaging on this forum. But I digress.........
Hehe..I just try to get some positive action on the forum Im not obliged by Ricoh or anyone else to be as active as i try to be. But for me, its a natural thing. Im only obliged to use and test gear for my work, and get the feedback back to Ricoh, not the users..But i feel they need to hear some info now and then too. The Pentax future is bright, and i just want everyone to be a part of it. Even if i can't share everything i know in public..But i feel most people understand that Ricoh have said they are more then satisfied with my activity..So i will continue being active
04-08-2015, 01:01 PM   #38
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
It is entirely possible not even Ricoh know the release specs.
In the possibly several months leading to the release quite a bit may change.
No doubt the major componentry is known, specified and contracted for. Design engineering is likely complete and locked. Production engineering is likely complete and locked and hand-assembly of prototypes might have started. Production scheduling and assembler training scheduling is likely highly evolved.

I suspect final spec's related to firmware and/or software are still being tweaked.

04-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #39
Lens Buying Addict

Yeah, this place is getting dull.
Especially when you start hitting the x in that red box up there.
04-08-2015, 03:54 PM   #40
Emperor and Senpai

Doom. Gloom. Ohh, I have a Sigma 12-24 now too....
04-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
No doubt the major componentry is known, specified and contracted for. Design engineering is likely complete and locked. Production engineering is likely complete and locked and hand-assembly of prototypes might have started. Production scheduling and assembler training scheduling is likely highly evolved.

I suspect final spec's related to firmware and/or software are still being tweaked.
I believe you are spot on!

I think the firmware related to final rendition of JPEGs will only be frozen at a very late stage. Even when they have a working camera, they may try to prevent journalists and others taking and publishing JPEGs, because they will not be representative and may lead to bad publicity.
04-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #42
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just confused what @Zapp is trying to say. I don't understand what "DA lenses are obsolete" means? They are APS-C lens so they still work on APS-C, right? Maybe I am missing something. Or maybe it is a translation issue.
He clearly hasn't used the K 24/f3.5 that thing is sharper than many modern pentax uwa right now

Last edited by Stavri; 04-11-2015 at 11:35 AM.
04-11-2015, 08:36 AM   #43
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
I believe you are spot on!

I think the firmware related to final rendition of JPEGs will only be frozen at a very late stage. Even when they have a working camera, they may try to prevent journalists and others taking and publishing JPEGs, because they will not be representative and may lead to bad publicity.
I've rethought my statement. They're not finished testing supplier components yet.
04-11-2015, 01:06 PM   #44
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Im wondering, how long might take to Pentax have this camera ready? a mean, to manufacture a good amount in order to have it ready to ship,.. 2 or 3 months, maybe less? .. if is 3 months that means that they still have around 2 max 3 months for doing the final tweaks and test some components. But by July the camera should be almost complete and ready to build.