Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
02-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
They said in the past a FF product had been in development but would only be released pending market conditions.
Given their entire market is essentially Japan, the miracle Abe / Aso Japanese economic recovery has permitted release of the K-2.

02-27-2015, 02:30 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Trudger1272 Quote
True. A couple of years ago I chose a K30 over the D5200 a month or so later, I learned that Pentax had no FF DSLR offering and was shocked. It was a little discouraging but I liked my K30 so much, I stayed with Pentax and upgraded. Had I known Pentax had no FF before I bought the K30, I probably would've got the D5200. APS-C is cool for school, but at some point I will be getting a FF and now I won't have to look elsewhere.
Same thing happened to me to, I got a Kr when i got my first DSLR, buy that time i was more into a budget range ( im still haha ), but i compared the aspects that the Kr against the other cameras that were around at that price range and the Kr won, so i got it.. after sometime im shooting style needed more and more good ISO performance and thats when i found that there were no FF yet.. it was dissapointing cuz i really like the brand, and the average performance.. but i also like a path ( 645Z is out of my range ) that eventually ends up with a FF camera. Probably if i had chosen Nikon i will be with a FF since a while ago.. Buuut.. that is going to change soon. Hopefully.
02-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
( 645Z is out of my range
I hear you!
When my K-3 arrived I was showing it to a teacher and made a comment about not having a Pentax FF option. He was like, "Yeah, but you guys have medium format!"
I'd probably fall so deep into dept trying to maintain a 645Z system, I don't even want to think about it. "Totally not an option for me right now, but maybe in the future"
02-27-2015, 03:05 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hear you!
When my K-3 arrived I was showing it to a teacher and made a comment about not having a Pentax FF option. He was like, "Yeah, but you guys have medium format!"
I'd probably fall so deep into dept trying to maintain a 645Z system, I don't even want to think about it. "Totally not an option for me right now, but maybe in the future"
Well - the body plus every lens available in the USA is only $51,000 $44,500.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-27-2015 at 03:12 PM.
02-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Given their entire market is essentially Japan, the miracle Abe / Aso Japanese economic recovery has permitted release of the K-2.
Japan Recession 2014: Why Abenomics Isn't Working
Japan Unexpectedly Enters Recession as Abe Weighs Tax: Economy - Bloomberg Business
BBC News - Japan's economy makes surprise fall into recession
Japan In Recession: Warnings Of A Global Financial Crisis - Forbes
Japan's slip into surprise recession paves way for tax delay, snap poll | Reuters

Except Japan is not in an economic recovery. Abe is an economic illiterate.
02-27-2015, 03:15 PM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote

Except Japan is not in an economic recovery. Abe is an economic illiterate.
It's good for *us*, Winder - the yen is low.
02-27-2015, 03:17 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

M * V = P * Q

Tight fiscal policy (raising taxes) when trying to stimulate an economy is really counterproductive. Delaying future planned hikes is a better signal.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/joeharpaz/2015/02/04/inside-japans-tax-lab-will-...periment-work/ if you think periodicals are a good at predicting the future, not just a good way to report historicy.

Driving by the rear-view mirror is never a good idea. We had a slowdown in 2011; Europe actually had a real recession in 2012. Draghi was excoriated by Germany - right up to the point that they saw real deflationary activity this year. Japan had a brief pickup, then a fallback. Abe has been called every idiotic name there is.

People said similar things about Bernanke in 2011. It took Bernanke and Yelen $8 trillion of injections to break the deflation fear here and we weren't fighting 15 years of actual deflation. Europe and Japan Quantitative Easing will be triple what US did. Central banks will simply not permit the Japanization of the entire developed world.

We have a roaring job market here.The return of the middle class is upon us. We won't have any inflation to fear until Banks starty to lend again - and that can't happen until after March, 2019.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-27-2015 at 03:32 PM.
02-27-2015, 04:16 PM   #38
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I've been under the impression their planned pre-orders for 645z (including institutional sales) were 10,000 units, which they exceeded significantly (2,000 units), and that they've stabilized production flow at 7,500 units annually. That would mean they've sold 20,000 units (including institutional sales) the first year.

I don't think so, since that would be a much larger sales in yen. The total market for 645z and all the competition isn't even that large.
02-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #39

Well - the body plus every lens available in the USA is only $51,000 $44,500.
In that case, can I get a loan?!
02-27-2015, 07:54 PM - 1 Like   #40
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep, tell the shop you'll pay them back next Thursday. :-)
02-27-2015, 09:28 PM   #41

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yep, tell the shop you'll pay them back next Thursday. :-)
Classic!
02-28-2015, 02:48 AM   #42
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Funny think, because you can lease about anyThing except camera equipement. This is One way to get your stuff on the Street.

In the mediamarkt you can buy and pay later up to 2300 euro! That should cover the FF. Kopen bij Media Markt - Klantenservice - Media Markt but they don't carry Pentax.
02-28-2015, 04:44 AM   #43
Veteran Member

I haven't read all posts in here, but i think and feel that, many are holding back..waiting to see how the FF is..Here comes one of my assignments; I need to start using the FF as soon as its out there. Show others that FF is here to kick ass. I know many pros, especially older ones, is waiting to see when i get the FF. Because Pentax as a brand still have a good name amongst most pros. For non pros, i think we'll see the combination of specs and prize is what they are waiting for. It will be a very exciting time to come. Without getting details, i have a feeling that the FF have a function or two that will make most people interested. We'll know soon! And sorry if my english sucks..not enough coffee yet..haha

Last edited by kenspo; 02-28-2015 at 05:56 AM.
02-28-2015, 05:31 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
And sorry if my english sucks..not enough coffee yet..haha
No problems. As always, your input is useful.

PS - I recently looked at your Instagram and Twitter. Very good work.
You are a very busy man. Thanks for taking the time to post here.
02-28-2015, 05:57 AM - 1 Like   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
No problems. As always, your input is useful.

PS - I recently looked at your Instagram and Twitter. Very good work.
You are a very busy man. Thanks for taking the time to post here.
Thank you! I will always try do to a good job in the name of Ricoh/Pentax