Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by pento57mm Quote
What are your thoughts,
An absolute peach of a post ... please give us more.

03-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jonby Quote
An absolute peach of a post ... please give us more.
From previous posts, I'm not sure she - elsewhere the OP mentions having a husband - is always in a coherent state of mind.
03-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
From previous posts, I'm not sure she - elsewhere the OP mentions having a husband - is always in a coherent state of mind.
So, it could still be a guy? This is the 21st century.
03-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The triumphant return of wendyb

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Here are a couple of other posts from threads started by this poster:
QuoteQuote:
...At an estate sale about an hour ago I ran into a Pentax F 250-600mm. I see the spot for the review in the lens review area here but can not find a cost for this lens anywhere. The one that's for sale from the estate is $175.00 and has a really nice carrying case. The lens looks like it has never been used.

He is certainly good at dropping in with a bombshell every few months.
When I read the original post in this thread and got to the 'beta they sent me' line, I thought it sounded kinda wendyb like.

Your found quote above solidifies that feeling. wendyb would write about finding things at estate sales, one time finding an A 50 f/1.2 (1.2 !!) for very little and asking in the forum "hey, what's this 1.2 thing? I've seen f/2 but not f/1.2"

If anyone's interested in a strange but extremely amusing episode in forum history, check out this entire thread, which benjikan originally started after having enough of 'wendyb'.

03-03-2015, 04:18 PM   #35
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think this thread is undergoing a satirical transformation (a la "why I won't buy a K-3" thread) and is perfectly fine to stay that way.
The OP is nowhere to be seen since and we can go ahead and speculate on all the wondrous possibilities of the beta FF units out there and how they are not compatible with DA lenses...
03-03-2015, 04:34 PM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

If anyone's interested in a strange but extremely amusing episode in forum history, check out this entire thread, which benjikan originally started after having enough of 'wendyb'.

That's a really good thread opener you wrote, Jay.
03-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
I think this thread is undergoing a satirical transformation (a la "why I won't buy a K-3" thread) and is perfectly fine to stay that way.
The OP is nowhere to be seen since and we can go ahead and speculate on all the wondrous possibilities of the beta FF units out there and how they are not compatible with DA lenses...
And in the event such proceeds, will you kindly be the 'Forum Host' for this thread?

03-04-2015, 03:18 PM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

Ya Ash, Parallax already has his thread where he is chief cook and bottle washer, you should have your own. Don't let that old codger get one up on you.
03-05-2015, 03:40 AM   #39
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No thanks. You guys can all carry it on. Appreciate the honours, though.
03-05-2015, 04:39 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The beta unit (s) Pentax sent to me were screw mount and so I have sold all of my lenses except for my Tamron 18-200 and am investing in a screw mount collection. My understanding is that Pentax will be offering a K mount to screw mount adapter that it will be priced at 526.95, which seems a little steep to me for an adapter that doesn't have electrical connectors.

But the good new is that there is an aperture stop down coupler.
03-05-2015, 05:11 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The beta unit (s) Pentax sent to me were screw mount and so I have sold all of my lenses except for my Tamron 18-200 and am investing in a screw mount collection. My understanding is that Pentax will be offering a K mount to screw mount adapter that it will be priced at 526.95, which seems a little steep to me for an adapter that doesn't have electrical connectors.
But the good new is that there is an aperture stop down coupler.
Thanks for this news. I always thought they introduced the K-mount prematurely in the mid 70's - it wasn't ready for the market, but they needed something to beat the competition. Yeah, the adapter's price seems steep, but hopefully it's got the multi-purpose universal spring.
03-05-2015, 06:22 AM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Thanks for this news. I always thought they introduced the K-mount prematurely in the mid 70's - it wasn't ready for the market, but they needed something to beat the competition. Yeah, the adapter's price seems steep, but hopefully it's got the multi-purpose universal spring.
Darn, when I got rid of my last screw mount lens in about 1990, 25 years ago, I knew I should have kept it. It was costing me 150 for a new shutter every 2 years. I just couldn't keep the old SV going any longer.
03-05-2015, 08:27 PM - 2 Likes   #43
Veteran Member

Whence cometh these... well, whatever they are? Every forum has one or two. Useful for entertainment, but makes you wonder about the future of humanity.
04-09-2015, 11:26 PM   #44
Forum Member

Not everyone will migrate to FF. Pentax will continue to make APS-C as well as FF like any other brand that covers both formats. If you don't want to use your DA lens in crop mode on FF, simply sell it to someone who wants to stay with the smaller format.
04-10-2015, 01:04 AM   #45
Veteran Member

The beta unit sent to me by Ricoh was quite huge, and will be using the Betamax cartridge to save files. This, they hope will take the retro impact several notches higher. They're just having problems with Sony, as Sony plans to revive the Betamax format. They're not much into VHS format, I can tell.