Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #46
Forum Member

The local supplier told me this FF camera will be 36 MP.

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Nikon D810 goes for 2349.00
Pentax K-FF is rumored to be 2000.00

That doesn't equal $2100 USD. Maybe $2750
Locally, I can pre-oder it at 2000 USD. We can't convert the price like that.

03-20-2015, 02:00 AM   #47
npc
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
It is well known that they don't all cover only the minimum DA image circle:
What I am most curions how it is going to look in the viewfinder, especially if there is varialbe crop factor depending on the lens.
Are they going to introduce some trick that "fills" the viewfinder with the cropped area only ? It is a natural thing on mirrorles/EVF, but with OVF I am not sure how it is going to work
Does anybody know how does the crop mode look in the viewfinder on Nikon bodies for example ? Does it just show the whole FF view like if you mount for example a DA lens on a film camera?
03-20-2015, 02:21 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by npc Quote
What I am most curions how it is going to look in the viewfinder, especially if there is varialbe crop factor depending on the lens.
Are they going to introduce some trick that "fills" the viewfinder with the cropped area only ? It is a natural thing on mirrorles/EVF, but with OVF I am not sure how it is going to work
Does anybody know how does the crop mode look in the viewfinder on Nikon bodies for example ? Does it just show the whole FF view like if you mount for example a DA lens on a film camera?
Most probably there's going to be some extra lines on the focussing screen showing the cropped frame. There's little other ways to handle that.
03-20-2015, 02:39 AM   #49
npc
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Most probably there's going to be some extra lines on the focussing screen showing the cropped frame. There's little other ways to handle that.
I agree, this sounds most reasonable. But I kind of hope for something more advanced .. maybe like zoom-able viewfinder - something like these addon pieces you can get on ebay , for example
1 08X 1 60x Zoom Viewfinder Eyepiece Magnifier for Canon Nikon Fuji Pentax Sony | eBay

03-20-2015, 02:55 AM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by npc Quote
I agree, this sounds most reasonable. But I kind of hope for something more advanced .. maybe like zoom-able viewfinder - something like these addon pieces you can get on ebay , for example
1 08X 1 60x Zoom Viewfinder Eyepiece Magnifier for Canon Nikon Fuji Pentax Sony | eBay
More advance = EVF. Can display whatever user-specified crop mode. Could even store the required crop and automatically adapt to the attached lens. Some DA's are not fully FF, but rather -for example- 1.2 crop. But Pentax has decided that EVFs are not advanced enough yet...
03-20-2015, 03:03 AM   #51
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This may be useful, as it looks like we will essentially have a K-mount D810 in future:
(from the Nikon D810 manual):
03-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #52
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
This may be useful, as it looks like we will essentially have a K-mount D810 in future:
(from the Nikon D810 manual):
The Nikon approach would be nice, but the tech for projecting the frame is patented.

Steve
03-21-2015, 11:50 AM   #53
Pentaxian

I think most people don't want the viewfinder to actually block out the "cropped" area when using crop mode. Because it gives you a nice advantage for moving subjects - you see them before they effectively enter the frame. I remember reading some Nikon user's complaints about this, not sure which camera

03-21-2015, 12:02 PM   #54
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I think most people don't want the viewfinder to actually block out the "cropped" area when using crop mode. Because it gives you a nice advantage for moving subjects - you see them before they effectively enter the frame. I remember reading some Nikon user's complaints about this, not sure which camera
What would be a better solution? A semitransparent overlay? I personally wouldn't want there to be no indication in the VF to let me know the cropped framing area.
03-21-2015, 02:11 PM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
What would be a better solution? A semitransparent overlay? I personally wouldn't want there to be no indication in the VF to let me know the cropped framing area.
Well, its quite a pickle. Semitransparent sounds very good, actually.