Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2015, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #1

Focusing screens

I hope that the focusing screen holder and position in the digital FF are compatible with the MX and LX so that we can use all those delicious focusing screens. Also, they can start making things like the SC-69 focusing screen again.

Really don't want to have to rely on converted Canon screens to have good manual focusing abilities.

03-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That would be outstanding. And of course, the right thing to do. Ready here.
03-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by John Shriver Quote
Also, they can start making things like the SC-69 focusing screen again.
What was this screen? Sorry for my ignorance.

It's possible they may be bringing in some kind of info overlay system in the FF, to indicate the APS-C frame, for example, in which case some focusing screen types may become redundant (composition grids etc). There will still be a need for screens optimised for manual focusing, however. My own preference would be for a pure matte screen with no markings which allows for more accurate representation of OOF areas (to improve manual focusing accuracy).
03-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jonby Quote
My own preference would be for a pure matte screen with no markings which allows for more accurate representation of OOF areas (to improve manual focusing accuracy).
I agree - clean simple view to evaluate sharpness.

03-29-2015, 03:26 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Coverage may be an issue. The LX only has 95% coverage of the frame, and recent APS-C Pentaxes have been (thankfully) offering 100% coverage. I can't see them having less than 100% on the forthcoming 35FF body.