Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2015, 12:01 PM - 1 Like   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The proper quote is "I can't be convinced by poorly made analogies". I can, of course, be convinced by proper arguments - though in this case, on this subject and on this section you cannot possibly have any. Many things are about preferences and "this works better for me", and you can't offer any reason why your preferences would be the "correct" ones.
There's a reason why I don't haunt other brands' forums taunting with my preference (and "works better" argumentation) for DSLRs.
I haven't listed any of my preferences. I said that it's a mixed bag and you said that your preferences were the only way someone could conclude. Then you projected your views and conclusions onto me.

I'm glad you don't haunt other brands' forums. Your implication that this is somehow different than me is as incorrect as your projection that I'm making conclusions for other people.

04-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Listed as such, perhaps not; expressed, definitely. I'm also often expressing my preferences towards Pentax here, on Pentaxforums. But I'm not going to argue with you about that - our posts are here for all to see. Even selective misquoting and intentional misrepresentation is visible

Last edited by Kunzite; 04-03-2015 at 12:29 PM.
04-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you take this outside please?
04-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Can you take this outside please?
Pistols at 30 paces?

04-03-2015, 04:03 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Pistols at 30 paces?
Which will you second?
04-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #66
Pentaxian

I choose swords, they're more classy. At 30 paces, of course (and throwing them is a no-no)

(Sorry, monochrome; I'm just tired of this and want a Pentax forum where I won't have to constantly hear about Sony).
04-03-2015, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #67
osv
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I find EVFs overrated, Acg.

I have an A7 and you can't trust focus peaking on it.
that's because you don't know how to set up the evf.

it's been covered in this thread, i think?

Magnified focus only does the same job as Live View on a DSLR.
no, it doesn't, because evf is oled under a hood, and live view is a washed-out lcd display, that you have to hold at arms length to use.

not comparable at all.

The WYSIWYG is false - an 8-bit JPEG rendering that doesn't express the true dynamic range,
i don't know about that, but most in-camera histograms are based on jpeg preview.

so if you think that wysiwyg evf isn't right, then you certainly can't be using the in-camera histogram either

and it gets so dark when you close down the aperture for flash photography it's like you still have the lens cap on - you have to go into a menu and turn on an artificial light level.
wrong, the light from the flash is accounted for when "setting effect ON" is chosen in the menu, which is the wysiwyg mode.

you need to learn how to use your camera... assuming that you actually own any sony cameras, that is

04-03-2015, 08:08 PM - 1 Like   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

S#%^ it. I'm just going to boriscleto the entire thread.
04-03-2015, 09:49 PM - 1 Like   #69
Veteran Member

Maybe put that to rest?

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
S#%^ it. I'm just going to boriscleto the entire thread.
Is this ^ in good form, really?

I remember when someone came up with a "talk like ogl" meme I thought it was funny and contributed, and a few of us were rightfully admonished for it. Might have been funny for us, not so much for ogl. I felt bad and knew they were right. Maybe the 'boriscleto' thing should be put to rest, it's not a spirited discussion about equipment or shooting, it feels like mocking/bullying.
04-04-2015, 12:02 AM   #70
Veteran Member

I find EVFs overrated, Acg.

I have an A7 and you can't trust focus peaking on it.

Magnified focus only does the same job as Live View on a DSLR.

The WYSIWYG is false - an 8-bit JPEG rendering that doesn't express the true dynamic range, and it gets so dark when you close down the aperture for flash photography it's like you still have the lens cap on - you have to go into a menu and turn on an artificial light level.

With fast manual lenses, nothing beats the focus accuracy of the Katzeye split-prism screen installed in my K-30.
That has been my experience too clackers , I did a Studio workshop 2 weeks ago with the A7R and A50 with aperture stopped down F11 , model illuminated with modelling light and I could not see the model through EVF. Here was me opening the variable aperture to focus on the model and then stopping down again. I was holding everyone else up waiting to take their shot of the Model.
04-04-2015, 03:28 AM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Is this ^ in good form, really?

I remember when someone came up with a "talk like ogl" meme I thought it was funny and contributed, and a few of us were rightfully admonished for it. Might have been funny for us, not so much for ogl. I felt bad and knew they were right. Maybe the 'boriscleto' thing should be put to rest, it's not a spirited discussion about equipment or shooting, it feels like mocking/bullying.
I don't think boris cleto is bothered by the use of his name in such settings, although he usually doesn't tell folks who he is ignoring, he just does it. Probably it is wiser to ignore folks that really irk you than to start getting into shouting matches on the internet.

Particularly over Sony products.
04-04-2015, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #72
Veteran Member

Am I the only person who finds it odd that people come into a thread to complain about the premise of the thread?
04-04-2015, 10:28 AM - 1 Like   #73
osv
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
That has been my experience too clackers , I did a Studio workshop 2 weeks ago with the A7R and A50 with aperture stopped down F11 , model illuminated with modelling light and I could not see the model through EVF. Here was me opening the variable aperture to focus on the model and then stopping down again. I was holding everyone else up waiting to take their shot of the Model.
that's because you had "setting effect OFF" for the evf.

in other words, you had the evf set up so that it was behaving like an ovf, which of course sucks.

this is the same point that i made earlier?

to repeat... when you have "setting effect ON", the evf should compensate for the light put out by your sony flash.

you may not even need the modeling light.

please try that and let us know how it turns out.
04-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Am I the only person who finds it odd that people come into a thread to complain about the premise of the thread?
The alternatives were covered pretty quick....

I mean technically every camera ever made is an alternative... how far do you want to go with this?
04-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
that's because you had "setting effect OFF" for the evf.

in other words, you had the evf set up so that it was behaving like an ovf, which of course sucks.

this is the same point that i made earlier?

to repeat... when you have "setting effect ON", the evf should compensate for the light put out by your sony flash.

you may not even need the modeling light.

please try that and let us know how it turns out.
If you're referring to Live View Display - Setting Effect ON , That was in the 'ON' position the entire time. I have sent you a PM. Im always willing to learn from others. :-)