Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2015, 12:16 AM   #1
Veteran Member

The annual April Fools' Day FF anouncement ...

Are you going to miss these ?

04-01-2015, 12:21 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

A small price to pay for the end of the "where's my FF?" wailing and gnashing of teeth.
04-01-2015, 12:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, where one brand fails, Sony will always provide. Even with April fools jokes: Sony FF camera for 299 euro!
04-01-2015, 01:40 AM   #4

Haven't you heard? Development costs were too steep, there won't be any FF.

04-01-2015, 01:51 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How ironic would it be if they announced the Pentax FF today? :P

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-01-2015, 02:05 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
How ironic would it be if they announced the Pentax FF today? :P
absolutely. then you could post about the project being cancelled and in the end absolutely no one would have a clou *mwahaha*
04-01-2015, 07:17 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Was that just two years ago we fell so hard for that? Time flies when you don't breathe

04-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Was that just two years ago we fell so hard for that? Time flies when you don't breathe
Three, believe it or not!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-01-2015, 01:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Three, believe it or not!
You should have re-posted it just for kicks.
04-01-2015, 03:23 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
You actually believed that?
04-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
You should have re-posted it just for kicks.
Speaking of the joke post, I find it funny that it still has more views than the official FF announcement. Imagine how big of a splash a Pentax FF would have made in 2012!

Adam

04-01-2015, 03:53 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Hmm... nope; we're not interested in real products, which would cost us money to buy. Rumors are fine though, they're free
04-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #13

Speaking of the joke post, I find it funny that it still has more views than the official FF announcement. Imagine how big of a splash a Pentax FF would have made in 2012!
Interesting observation Adam!

I will admit to falling for the joke three years ago. However, in the interim I've become distracted and to be candid I think the announcement of a FF Pentax DSLR is too little too late. With Sony on its 4th release of an interchangeable FF mirrorless body and with mirrorless systems gaining more and more traction/attention the Pentax announcement strikes me as anticlimactic.

To me the area where Pentax has an opportunity to be competitive and innovative is in medium format. The 645Z is out of my price range, but I have heard nothing but praise for its capability as a stills camera.
04-01-2015, 10:18 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I will also admit falling for the joke back then. And I was not even looking for FF.
Interestingly I was in morning as my father in law had just passed away.
But with all the tiredness and late night ups, it was nice to sit behind my computer and read of a released pentax FF.

Boy was I furious when it was an April fool joke....

Adam come back here....WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!! My son is not even called Adam.
04-02-2015, 02:50 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I'm a day late, but here's your April First headline:

Ricoh Discontinues Pentax DSLR Camera Line

And the storyline:

Ricoh announced today that, effective immediately, it will cease production and sales of it's Pentax branded lineup of DSLR cameras and lenses. Ricoh's CEO issued the following brief statement:

"Earlier this year we announced a new, full frame DSLR. Unfortunately, it appears we made the announcement too soon, as this camera will not reach the market until the end of this year. Since making this announcement, however, we have not sold a single APS-C camera or lens. With such a devastating revenue loss, we simply can't continue operating this business line."