Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jonby Quote
They are desperate to find something which separates their FF from the competition - this could be one thing, before somebody else does it.
I don't know about desperate, they generally don't seem to care. They just do their thing. But yes it would be a great feature and certainly a good marketing bullet. And I think they have some sort of patent for a hybrid overlay on the viewfinder that was posted awhile back.

I guess we will see when we see.

04-13-2015, 11:34 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I don't know about desperate, they generally don't seem to care. They just do their thing. But yes it would be a great feature and certainly a good marketing bullet. And I think they have some sort of patent for a hybrid overlay on the viewfinder that was posted awhile back.
Yes desperate may have been a bit strong, but they have indicated that they have been holding back on the FF until they could offer something different. Yes the hybrid overlay - I've read about that too. Maybe an LED-based system which doesn't warrant darkening the viewfinder like the LCD-based systems do. I certainly hope they use it for this purpose.
04-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

they have indicated that they have been holding back on the FF until they could offer something different.
Perhaps, but I do not know how much weight to put on comments made in an interview that only gets here through several layers of translation. Could mean exactly what you think, could mean they are waiting on the right hardware to do what they want, could mean other pieces (lenses) needed to be in place, could have been just marketing talk.

At any rate, having a FF with a k-mount will be "different" enough for me. I just want them to take the time to make it right. I don't have much interest in comparing to other cameras or to have the latest gadgets on my camera. The image is all that is important to me. When a different camera can do something (for me) that my k-3 does not, I buy a new camera, simple.
04-16-2015, 09:31 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes desperate may have been a bit strong, but they have indicated that they have been holding back on the FF until they could offer something different. Yes the hybrid overlay - I've read about that too. Maybe an LED-based system which doesn't warrant darkening the viewfinder like the LCD-based systems do. I certainly hope they use it for this purpose.
My Fuji X-Pro1 has zooming frame lines in the OVF, so you know that it's possible.

05-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
Hmm. Was afraid of that. I really like the K3 for macro, in particular flowers, and a little wildlife I do with my DA 60-250D. So also might have to keep the K3 if my budget permits.
For what it's worth, it'll likely be a 'k-5iis' because it will likely not have an AA filter.

It also might have the sensor shift stuff, if true, and if your subject isn't moving / you're willing to use a tripod, the system will likely be much better than a K-3.