Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2015, 12:42 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ColiNiloK Quote

One thing I'm not sure they will do is the tilting screen though, I like it, some don't prefer it. And I hope Ricoh make a new AF module for the Pentax FF, this is where Pentax falls behind the most, and also high max flash sync speed, higher than the existing 1/180 sec, everyone is doing 1/250 sec and even 1/320 sec.
I guess that to increase the flash sync speed the shutter mechanisim have to be "redesign", because the FF is a totally new design maybe we will see some improvement with this.. pushing it to 1/250 would be great to see in a FF body.

04-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Spray&pray-photographers?
1/10, got me to respond.

With dynamic sports and an all-day event, eg of 50 rally cars passing by from morning to night, you can create a lot of images without even trying. I can come home after a day long event with 1200 shots or more to throw into Lightroom (after a preliminary culling scan with the excellent FastRawViewer).

There have been several days where I have had to change batteries mid-day, so the more shots per charge, the better. Some lenses (eg my Sigma 70-200 HSM II) also seem to help run the battery down quickly if you use them a lot. So it's not just spray and pray.
04-26-2015, 12:47 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I must admit I'd like the battery to be the same or at least compatible with the K5-K3 battery. Nice to just have a few spares that can be used in whatever body.
04-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I would like it to have several nice features. GPS , No Pop-up flash , PSR , and mostly of all ? A RELEASE DATE !

04-26-2015, 10:28 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Glorfindelrb Quote
Touchscreen is a useless gadget, I hope it will not be added as a marketing tool.
Touchscreen is a great way to set focus point when the camera is on a tripod and you are using Live View.
04-26-2015, 11:58 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I must admit I'd like the battery to be the same or at least compatible with the K5-K3 battery. Nice to just have a few spares that can be used in whatever body.
agree on this one!
04-27-2015, 12:39 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and suggest the the Pentax FF coming our way later this year will be the best Pentax FF we've seen in years and years!

04-27-2015, 01:37 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Touchscreen is a great way to set focus point when the camera is on a tripod and you are using Live View.
Using liveview on a tripod means macro to me and macro means MF.
04-27-2015, 04:19 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You must get the latest equipment, or your photos won't be good enough. Get both.
04-27-2015, 05:01 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Glorfindelrb Quote
Using liveview on a tripod means macro to me and macro means MF.
Well others use live view and a tripod for other things and find a touchscreen useful.
04-27-2015, 12:07 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Well others use live view and a tripod for other things and find a touchscreen useful.
Yup, focus stacking a memorial, statue, interior, etc. I do this quite often already. I'm sure a touchscreen could be toggled on/off.
04-27-2015, 07:36 PM - 1 Like   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LXNights Quote
I would like to see increased battery capacity on the FF. A batery grip should only add to what already should be in abundance, IMHO.
The next round of image processors are probably going to be considerably more powerful. The battery might have more capacity, but I get the feeling the camera is going to consume a lot more power. The Samsung NX-1 processor is very fast and the Sony A7 BIONZ processor is 3x more powerful than the processor in the A99.
04-28-2015, 01:52 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
Checking the new K3ii features perhaps we can tell some few features that the new FF could/will have... Sensor Shift technology + Astrotracer maybe???..

im still wondering why they didnt include NFC and build in WiFi in a body that is supposed to be superior than the KS2.. is not a really important feature but.. coudl be nice for some users.. So will the FF follow the same path as the K3ii or the camera will be with this 2 features buildin...

What new interesting features we could see??... if the AF-C of the K3ii is as good as it is supposed to, everything points that the FF will have a really really nice AF, accurate and fast.

SR improvement is also nice, and will surely be great to see how it behaves with the FF sensor.
Postponed...
04-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Postponed...
Making such an off-handed comment is not at all helpful from a respected member. It is either informed and destructive or unfounded and irresponsible.
04-29-2015, 01:57 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I meant it was me buying it that is postponed....