Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 363
Deafened by the Silence

Seems like we are heading into a lonely timeframe awaiting any further news on the FF. Now that the K3II is out there shortly, we will have to wait and see what goodies await those who decide to wait for the FF. Any news at all?

04-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 639
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
Seems like we are heading into a lonely timeframe awaiting any further news on the FF. Now that the K3II is out there shortly, we will have to wait and see what goodies await those who decide to wait for the FF. Any news at all?
You suspect this website of keeping secrets?

I'm betting they have no news they can release. Everything else is mental masturbation.
04-29-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 4,081
Isn't the tentative release date in October? So you're not likely to hear anything official before end of August or September. Anything else is likely just rumor or speculation.
04-29-2015, 11:08 AM   #4
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,598
Seriously? What do you want? A weekly update from the engineering department? Its like a kid in the back seat asking "are we there yet" the whole way through a trip...

04-29-2015, 11:16 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,098
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
Seriously? What do you want? A weekly update from the engineering department? Its like a kid in the back seat asking "are we there yet" the whole way through a trip...
Well, are we there yet?
04-29-2015, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 363
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Well, are we there yet?


I feel guilty but still smile at this ...


04-29-2015, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #7
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,577
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Well, are we there yet?
I've waited so long, I feel sick and need a wee.
04-29-2015, 12:45 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,000
If history is a guide there should be a number of announcements before October. Possible announcements:
  1. Q range extension or replacement
  2. K-50 (mid-range non-S) replacement
  3. GR replacement
There should also be a major Firmware release, maybe another accessory (the AF201FG just entered stock at B&H today) and maybe another K-mount lens. There could also be a 645 lens.

04-29-2015, 01:04 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian
yorik's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 803
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
You suspect this website of keeping secrets?

I'm betting they have no news they can release. Everything else is mental masturbation.
To paraphrase Woody Allen in Sleeper: that's my second favorite kind...
04-29-2015, 02:23 PM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 505
Here's my 2 cents... take it for what its worth:

1. Pentax put out NEW FF lenses.
2. These FF lenses are only properly usable on KAF-3 (i.e. no screw drive)

This means

a) Pentax is totally NUTS in creating a NEW (not updated old lens) FF lens that only works on newer digital cameras. Why? NEW FF with these large zoom-telephoto lenses are not cheap. If they weren't going to build FF camera, the lens would be smaller/lighter/less expensive.
b) They're going to go bust on these new lenses w/o a FF camera to back it
c) They're going to build/sell FF (question is when ). Hell hasn't frozen over yet, as Toronto hasn't won the Stanley Cup.
04-29-2015, 04:09 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,000
Toronto?

St. Louis!!!
04-30-2015, 12:15 AM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New England
Photos: Albums
Posts: 689
QuoteOriginally posted by formercanuck Quote
Here's my 2 cents... take it for what its worth:

1. Pentax put out NEW FF lenses.
2. These FF lenses are only properly usable on KAF-3 (i.e. no screw drive)

This means

a) Pentax is totally NUTS in creating a NEW (not updated old lens) FF lens that only works on newer digital cameras. Why? NEW FF with these large zoom-telephoto lenses are not cheap. If they weren't going to build FF camera, the lens would be smaller/lighter/less expensive.
b) They're going to go bust on these new lenses w/o a FF camera to back it
c) They're going to build/sell FF (question is when ). Hell hasn't frozen over yet, as Toronto hasn't won the Stanley Cup.
There isn't a question, they've already announced a full frame DSLR, and it's going to be on the market before the end of the year:

Pentax Full Frame DSLR Officially Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com
04-30-2015, 04:01 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Rorschach's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kuusamo, Finland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 598
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Toronto?

St. Louis!!!
Minnesota!

(many Finns on their roster, too ;-)

BTW: the world championships begin tomorrow and Finland's first game is against the US
04-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #14
Pentaxian
maxfield_photo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,215
I suspect that the K-3 II was something of a trial run for the eventual FF, a chance to try out the new pixel shift technology, the improved shake reduction, and to gauge the public's reaction to the inclusion of a GPS and the exclusion of a pop-up flash. To me is suggests that they intend to pull out all the stops on the FF, but as to the time table of it's release, I don't think the K-3 II sheds any light.
04-30-2015, 12:13 PM   #15
Pentaxian
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,080
I think that the FF body is the K-3II with a larger sensor (obviously) and an articulated screen. Thats it.
This in order to make the FF body "affordable".
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24x36mm, feedback, ff, full-frame, ii, k3, pentax, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Silence Grig Monthly Photo Contests 2 04-03-2015 08:35 AM
Landscape Silence Konstanta Post Your Photos! 19 01-27-2015 03:43 AM
Landscape Silence Usman Jabbar Pentax K-3 Photo Contest 4 06-02-2014 02:47 PM
the silence at midnight rparmar Monthly Photo Contests 4 05-09-2012 06:06 AM
K7 Shutter, the sound of silence? johnny9fingers Pentax DSLR Discussion 18 12-22-2010 01:25 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:42 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top