Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2015, 03:21 PM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by weijen Quote
I would love a manual focus DSLR with a proper aperture sensor, and a split focus screen with a nice, huge prism.

Forget all those funky exposure and metering modes. All I need is the shutter speed dial, and an A mode. Oh, and I can also live without the LCD screen.

I wonder, am I alone?
While you are not alone, there is not much to be made by developing 2 FF cameras, BUT unless this is going to be a price buster, selling for no more than the K3, I.e. Somewhat of a flagship body, why not give the best of both worlds.

Make the camera with an aperture coupling for Auto Exposure on K mount lenses
Provide both TTL and P-TTL like the *istD.
Have an optional split image finder

This way you can use it any way you want, with any Pentax lens. Must don't ask for an M42 version too

05-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #77

Photos: Albums
I'd be in since I keep everything in manual most of the time anyway.
My first major realization when I bought my first DSLR (a K30) was all those attractive user settings and features didn't mean squat once I turned it on and set everything on manual.
05-13-2015, 07:20 PM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hope that huge hump on the FF mockup translates to a larger pentaxforums with 98% magnification
05-13-2015, 09:04 PM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
This way you can use it any way you want, with any Pentax lens. Must don't ask for an M42 version too
But what about a M37 mount version with waist level viewfinder?
This would be the true "back to basics" camera (Asahiflex digital).

With M42 and K-mount SLR you got all these stupid automation like "instant return mirror", auto aperture, open aperture metering, auto stop down, and the pentaprism viewfinder do not show a proper reversed image.

05-14-2015, 05:01 AM   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
But what about a M37 mount version with waist level viewfinder?
This would be the true "back to basics" camera (Asahiflex digital).

With M42 and K-mount SLR you got all these stupid automation like "instant return mirror", auto aperture, open aperture metering, auto stop down, and the pentaprism viewfinder do not show a proper reversed image.
lets be serious here for a minute.

you want M37 mount, fine, i am sure there is some bright spark out there (adaptist, are you listening) who will make an aftermarket M37 or M42 mount for your camera. but i doubt anyone would today, consider making interchangeable metering housings / view finder housings.