Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I know this is the Pentax forum
Apparently you don't. Otherwise there would be no "in your face, Pentaxians" posts about Sony users buying Sony lenses.

05-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posting, like speaking, is a matter of choice.

Of course, so is reading.
05-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Unfortunately, there's little chance to find threads with no Sony content on this forum. Even if avoiding the Non-Pentax Cameras section.
So my "choice" is to stop reading Pentax forums because of the Sony content. How does it sound?

Last edited by Kunzite; 05-15-2015 at 09:58 AM.
05-15-2015, 10:12 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Apparently you don't. Otherwise there would be no "in your face, Pentaxians" posts about Sony users buying Sony lenses.
Why do Pentaxians care if Sony users buy Sony lenses? I'm not sure why that is "in your face". But for clarity, it is true. Sony users do buy Sony lenses.

Ricoh is going to be redesigning the FA Limited lenses for 2016 or introducing new FF primes. Right now Sony and Zeiss are raising the bar.

The Sony Zeiss 35 1.4 Distagon FE Lens Review. Best 35mm Lens Ever. | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS
LensRentals.com - Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Resolution Test
Sony Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA lens review: Exemplary performance - DxOMark
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Lab Test Review: Digital Photography Review

I know it bothers the corporate loyalist and fanboys, but a lot of us are using Pentax glass on A7 bodies.
Objectif Pentax FA 43mm F1.9 sur Sony A7 | FocusPeaking.fr
Objectif Pentax A 50mm F1.2 sur Sony A7 | FocusPeaking.fr
Pourquoi j’ai quitté Pentax pour Sony | FocusPeaking.fr
Objectif FA Pentax 31mm Limited F1.8 sur Sony A7 | FocusPeaking.fr
Sony A7+Pentax by Abe68 [JuzaPhoto]
A7R + FA43

05-15-2015, 10:18 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Why do Pentaxians care if Sony users buy Sony lenses?
That's the point - I don't. I opened this topic to read about "Pentax Full Frame DSLR Camera to be Announced In November".

This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Good bye.
05-15-2015, 11:25 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Nor am I brand obsessed: I have Pentax K-3, K-5 IIs and two Q7s, a Nikon D810 and Df, a Panasonic GX7, an Olympus EM-5, and a Canon 50D, all of which I enjoy using regularly. .
Holy crap! Seems like a lot of overlap, but on the other hand, fun collection!

---------- Post added 05-15-15 at 12:28 PM ----------

Unfortunately, there's little chance to find threads with no Sony content on this forum. Even if avoiding the Non-Pentax Cameras section.
So my "choice" is to stop reading Pentax forums because of the Sony content. How does it sound?
Sounds like someone is willing to pursue the Nuclear Option to avoid mention of the dreaded Sony!
05-15-2015, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster

05-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #38
Veteran Member

I was over on a Sony forum this morning and recommended a Pentax K3 in a thread trying to find a quieter shutter than that in the A6000. And i wasn't the only one recommending a Pentax in that thread. Noone on the Sony Forum objected to mention of Pentax cameras. Here, its like a religious trauma to some folks.

I love using Pentax macro lenses, 3 of them, on Sony Nex cameras. Here's a Pentax m100 f4 macro with fotodiox adapter. The tilting screen really aids macro shooting.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last Saturday, i set up a studio backdrop (first time :-)), to shoot models for a wearable art show - what fun. Used my K3 all the way. Different courses - different horses.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by philbaum; 05-16-2015 at 11:24 AM.
05-19-2015, 12:25 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Closer to November, we'll have more announcements ...

Doesn't sound too well ...

I thought it is scheduled to ship in 2015? Now, doesn't sound like that any more, as a November announcement would be too late for year end business (with sales peaking in October and November).

Next sales peak is spring 2016. May I repeat that I expect the Pentax FF to become Photokina 2016 news?

With just a 3D printed mockup to show, I think this is a more reasonable time frame between management decision and production ramp up too.

So, the Pentax FF will face competition from the D750 successor, unfortunately. But the Pentax FF is unique enough, the only stabilized/sensor-shifting SLR body on the market left.

Last edited by falconeye; 05-19-2015 at 12:32 PM.
05-19-2015, 01:36 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Camera shipments - according to CIPA - peak in December, rather than October. And development started some 3 years ago.
Anyway, the camera is scheduled for this year.
05-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As was written above - 'announcements closer to November' can mean anything. It can mean Deomstrators in reviewers hands in August or September (which is 'closer to November') - or can mean hearing in October when pre-orders will ship (which is closer to November).
05-19-2015, 05:51 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Camera shipments - according to CIPA - peak in December, rather than October. And development started some 3 years ago.
Anyway, the camera is scheduled for this year.
October. I can't find my source which is current, but here is a similiar source for a recent 8 year period: Crunching the Numbers: Four Insights We Can Glean from Camera Sales Data

And I don't believe for a second that their FF development started prior to their 3D print. That was a marketing stunt because R&D are empty-handed.

I think I learned my share to read the signs when they are on the wall ...
05-19-2015, 06:34 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
That was a marketing stunt because R&D are empty-handed.
Perhaps. But they also debuted the two new big FF lenses at exactly the same event as the 'plastic lump', so within the organization FF R&D seemed alive and well at the time. I doubt they were developing the lenses totally in isolation from a body.

I also recall asahi man mentioning at several points during the last year that engineering progress was being made in the FF, to the extent of samples even being circulated internally within Ricoh HQ earlier this year, I think, at about the time of CP+.
05-19-2015, 11:43 PM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
October. I can't find my source which is current, but here is a similiar source for a recent 8 year period: Crunching the Numbers: Four Insights We Can Glean from Camera Sales Data

And I don't believe for a second that their FF development started prior to their 3D print. That was a marketing stunt because R&D are empty-handed.

I think I learned my share to read the signs when they are on the wall ...
Oops, you're right - I was looking at the wrong column
Of course, shipments predates sales so perhaps it's not all lost if the camera will be available in the beginning of November?

Believe it. It's their word vs. your baseless suppositions, and no offense but I'll take their word. Even more so since it will be supported by the camera being announced this year.
The funny thing is, we had leaks about the camera (no specs though) but nobody seemed to notice
P.S. Ricoh Imaging started to talk about the development of a FF since 2012...
05-20-2015, 02:09 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Oh, the sweet fruits of mentioning Sony. Sony should be mentioned more often!

In all seriousness, if Pentax-FF threads are going to be limited to ONLY discuss Pentax-FF information, then they all bleed to death in a a post or three at max. Simply because it doesn't exist yet and neither does any further solid information on it.

Moreover, I don't see how threats to this new Pentax system aren't ontopic. It's not going to live that long if it costs 3 times as much, Pentax isn't Leica and Pentaxians are not rich Leicaphyles. See what's on the agenda: by the time Pentax markets its FF system ~november, the A7rII, pro A9 and number of FE lenses are rumored to be marketed. No doubt affecting the prices of the 'older' FE cameras even further. And that problem doesn't just 'go away' if we we are forbidden to mention it. The way Pentax is going to deal with that problem is a very ontopic subject.