Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2015, 08:03 AM   #1

Who will leak those spec's?

If the new FF is expected to arrive at B&H and Adorama by Oct-Nov this year, Pentax should be shipping during Sept-Oct., unless they go for the pre-ordering process. This means that the cool, beautiful and shiny pre-production FF is already finished and probably tested. The bulk manufacture of each individual part to be assembled should be done by now, waiting at the assembling facility warehouse. They should already be in the production line validation process. Assembly-packaging workers, tech's, supervisors, engineers are being trained...at least! (And I think this is a real tight timeframe).
If this is not the case I would expect a delay of several month's!
All right, this is speculation, but if you think about the manufacturing process (specially of such an important concept for Pentax), their are lot's of complex stages to piece together. If these aren't worked out correctly they'll end up with bad quality and product failures.
And because speculations lead to speculation's I would say that this product is about to be assembled.

Last edited by Caribe; 07-04-2015 at 08:25 AM.
07-04-2015, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Don't count your eggs until you get the prints back from the developer. Or something.
07-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wouldn't expect the camera to be in our hands until November/December. Specs usually end up being leaked a few weeks before launch.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Caribe Quote
If the new FF is expected to arrive at B&H and Adorama by Oct-Nov this year, Pentax should be shipping during Sept-Oct.,
I don't recall anyone ever saying that. Ricoh said "Fall release". Which could mean the unveiling in "Fall", and actual delivery not until 2016. That assumes no delays. And if they are really holding off to get an as yet unreleased sensor then that could slip very easily as they are relying on the sensor supplier.

And Ricoh seems able to play things very close so I don't expect to see any details more than a week or so before release. Stop back in January and there might be more details available.

07-04-2015, 01:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm sure the specs are basically known at this point. Certainly the sensor has been chosen. Things may not be totally set in stone until the final firmware is set. Photographers are currently testing it in various places.

All that said, it will be a couple of weeks prior to release that we really find much out about it. The ambassadors may give a few hints prior, but they aren't going to risk their connections with Ricoh to share too much. There will be plenty of speculation in the mean time and a lot of over the top predictions. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for something revolutionary. My guess would be a standard SLR with a 36 megapixel sensor, shake reduction on the sensor, built in GPS and astro tracer (but not built in Wi fi), 5 to 6 fps, and weather sealing.
07-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I think they'll release the specs in early November, place it on "Preorder", and then it'll in-stores early December for Christmas. I think that'll be a great time for them to release it.
07-04-2015, 05:39 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

I suspect that the "safe" long lead items have been ordered. With the GPS problem on the K3II, and I suspect that the FF will have an integrated GPS capability, that until they have the root cause of the problem known and solved, the final firmware and possibly the board designs are on hold pending a bulletproof fix. Either that, or the FF will show up with out an integrated GPS (but will rely on the external O-GPS1 unit).

Also, the leaks at the end - I have to believe are part of the product rollout.

07-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Photographers are currently testing it in various places.
I agree.