Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It would be crazy of them to omit support for screw drive
i agree but considering they are bring tight lipped and not revealing anything doesn't put my mind at ease

07-25-2015, 09:28 PM - 1 Like   #17
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratcheteer Quote
i agree but considering they are bring tight lipped and not revealing anything doesn't put my mind at ease
They won't release a FF camera body that would have maybe six lenses available for it, counting the two new ones and rumored third. Omitting the screwdrive motor would actually obsolete FF lenses still in inventory and perhaps even still in production (D-FA and FA Limited, plus FA50/1.4 and FA35/2)

I would be more concerned that they somehow further limit metering of 'M' and earlier lenses (and I doubt they'd do that, either). They one thing they probably can't do is put the aperture actuating lever back - there isn't enough room in the body - for real coupled metering of 'M'lenses.

Last edited by monochrome; 07-25-2015 at 09:41 PM.
07-25-2015, 09:28 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratcheteer Quote
Consider this: Pentax want to compete with Nikon. Nikon's recent 'serious cameras' (D7000/D7100/D7200/D610/D750/D810 etc) all support older Nikon lenses by having an in-camera drive motor.

So no way in 1000 years would Pentax drop support for screw-drive AF on its own lenses.

Even the most basic Pentax DSLR's (K200D, K-x etc) support screw-drive.

I realize this is all very hard for Canon users to understand, since their mount has seen all sorts of trauma over the years.
07-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
They one thing they probably can't do is put the aperture actuating lever back - there isn't enough room in the body - for real coupled metering of 'M'lenses.
While I don't think they will include the aperture feeler, it's not something that requires a lot of room. Yes, the mechanism goes all the way around the mount (though it doesn't really have to), but it's thin and I wouldn't think the space would be useful for much else. What is in that space in their current cameras? (I would have thought just plastic.)

07-26-2015, 10:13 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
While I don't think they will include the aperture feeler, it's not something that requires a lot of room.
This is quite true. The strip resister that makes it work sits flush within the mount assembly.

Steve
07-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #21
Site Supporter

As to wide angles: I expect the auto focus, full frame, 12-24mm Sigma to work really well on the FF Pentax. It works on my film MZS and ZXL bodies and it works well on other manufacturers full frame digital offerings. In fact the Sigma 12-24 is the first lens I intend to put on my FF body when I get it. I also expect the manual focus 24mm F2.8 A and 35mm F2.8 A lenses I have to work well on that FF body.
07-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #22
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HoustonBob Quote
As to wide angles: I expect the auto focus, full frame, 12-24mm Sigma to work really well on the FF Pentax. It works on my film MZS and ZXL bodies and it works well on other manufacturers full frame digital offerings. In fact the Sigma 12-24 is the first lens I intend to put on my FF body when I get it. I also expect the manual focus 24mm F2.8 A and 35mm F2.8 A lenses I have to work well on that FF body.
That Sigma 12-24 has got to be crazy wide on FF.

Steve
07-28-2015, 11:14 PM   #23
Site Supporter

I have a running thread on Pentax lenses on FF.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/247282-pentax-lenses-ff-club.html

At this point, the camera part is not a Pentax of course.
But the lenses are.
It's also the closest thing to knowing if the lenses work were enough on digital FF.

MHO, 24mm and lower, best to wait for new lenses.
There are some wides that factoring portability, ease of MF, etc are still good enough.
But YMMV.

The Samyang 14mm works really well.
The distortion needs to be taken care of with the modern way of software correction of course.

The Sigma 12-24 works too, based on their use on FF Canikon

08-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #24
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Like many of you I look forward to purchasing the Pentax full frame camera.

I am very happy with the Pentax full frame lenses that I currently have that are 50mm and up.

I don't care for the 35mm angle of view, and will never purchase a 35mm lens.

The only full frame Pentax wide angle lenses that I currently own are the 28mm f/3.5 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar, and the 20mm SMC Pentax-FA f/2.8 lens (just back from being CLA'ed by Eric Hendrickson‏).

What full frame MF (manual focus) lenses (M42 mounts are OK) from 18 - 28mm do you believe will shine on the new Pentax full frame camera?
Hi....happened upon this post and was curious about what people were saying....didn't you just sell that FA20?
09-08-2015, 03:34 PM   #25
Site Supporter

My Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm 3.5 SL II (even more excited to see the Nokton and APO-Lanthar on there). Also my K 24mm 2.8.