Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2015, 12:01 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've never been an early adopter before but definitely want to be an early adopter this time... For the record not at all because I need it or because it will make me any better... It's because for me it's a toy and one that I've wanted for a long time, and because I have other toys that will be fun to attach to it. My degree of early adopterness is dependent on the price it starts off at... If it's around 2K then I am on it right quick. If it's around 2.5K then I will try to get myself to hold off a while, and may need to depending on where my savings for it is at that time... If it's significantly above 2.5K then I am forcing myself to hold off.

07-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not going to be an early adopter and I'm not sure I'll be an adopter at all. I'm pretty happy with my APS-C set-up and can't see any important benefit in FF.
07-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
well, I'll decide once the price will be announced officially.When reasonable, I'd buy it right away. I'd change my mind only in case there would be some unexpected surprise (like restriction in use of old lenses, ...).

I quite like the idea to have FF camera for wide angle, portrait and "normal" photography and keep K3 for telephoto (still being tempted by DA560...).

This does not in any case mean that I wouldn't be happy with K3, I just see it as a next way to go.
07-26-2015, 12:31 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll probably get one pretty soon after it is released. My wife shoots weddings and she really wants one and has been saving for one, so I guess the answer is yes.

07-26-2015, 12:32 PM - 4 Likes   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You guys have been asking for this for years...and now it sounds like you won't be buying it? Makes no sense IMO!

I know I'll be getting one as soon as it's out. Going to be working with B&H / Adorama to see if we can get an exclusive deal for those who pre-order.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #21
UMC
Forum Member

No worries, I'll get it in less than 2 months after release. Can't wait for my FA 50/1.4 to behave as a real 50mm lens. And I can't wait to test my 4 FA* lenses on a real 35mm digital body.
07-26-2015, 12:57 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Maybe? Depends on what the specs are, depends on what the price is, depends on how much bigger/heavier it is than APS-C, depends on if I have any trips lined up that would benefit from one. I'm in Pentax for the awesome APS-C bodies, and while there are some cases where I'd see a benefit from a full-frame, like low-light, I'm generally pretty happy with what I've got.
07-26-2015, 12:57 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You guys have been asking for this for years...and now it sounds like you won't be buying it? Makes no sense IMO!

I know I'll be getting one as soon as it's out. Going to be working with B&H / Adorama to see if we can get an exclusive deal for those who pre-order.
Yes, ironic isn't it Adam? But I think many of us will get it as soon as we are able.. Some incentive from B&H /Adorama would be real nice.

07-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #24
Forum Member

I was an early adopter of the K-7 (and it was a mistake because it sucks) so I will wait for the first tests and the price announcement to make my choice.
07-26-2015, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

I was an early adopter of the K-3 and it was an excellent decision! Almost two years now with this superb camera. By the way, I also bought the K-7 early and got good use out of it although it was not perfect. I grow weary of the constant negativity and complaining on our forums.
07-26-2015, 01:24 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
As long as customers are not crazy, their choices make sense. It's when marketing do get it that customers' decisions seems to not make sense. The bottom line is that in free markets, customers do what they want.
As far as I'm concerned, I do have a certain budget for photography, but I'm not willing to spend it for Ricoh for the sake of saving the ship (charity way), it's the job of Ricoh to develop compelling offerings so that it makes sense for the customer to spend their money.
07-26-2015, 01:27 PM   #27

I bought a K10D right before the K20 came out. I waited until the K5 came out and bought one of the first ones on the market and needed to exchange it because of the spotted sensor. I decided to wait until last until last November to purchase a K3. I think I'll wait for the FF to mature before investing.
07-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #28
Forum Member

! No !
07-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I will not pre-order it. I never do.
But once it is available at the dealers, I`l get one. All my lenses (except the DA*16-50) are FF ready.
07-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #30
Site Supporter

No kidding!!! Nothing but Full Frame threads on the forum for HOW LONG? How many equivalence threads? How many complaints because of a lack of full frame? Seriously?

As for me I am not one of the people who has been hollering about it, but I will get one at some point. There is no doubt that I will get one, but that said my K3 is still pretty new (six months old or so?)

I guess that puts me in the 'I will get one, but not right away' category.