Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
09-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
BTW I am very confident the FF will be a great camera, just not sure it will have the glass to support it (outside of the Sigma Art series)
I totally agree with you.
I would also add that it is I believe it is questionable that Sigma would offer its Art line in a K mount. For a company, it's all about the numbers, which is probably why a Sigma lens will usually be released in the Canon mount before a Nikon. Sigma is far more likely to offer Sony specific lenses before they offer anything additional for Pentax.

09-01-2015, 11:23 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Canuck_west Quote
I totally agree with you.
I would also add that it is I believe it is questionable that Sigma would offer its Art line in a K mount. For a company, it's all about the numbers, which is probably why a Sigma lens will usually be released in the Canon mount before a Nikon. Sigma is far more likely to offer Sony specific lenses before they offer anything additional for Pentax.

I think that allot of the third party lens availability hinges on what the reviewers of the Pentax full frame have to say. If the more popular on-line camera reviewers rave about the Pentax full frame, it will certainly help full frame sales, which in turn will influence Sigma (and other third party lens manufacturers) to release their better full frame lenses in the K mount.
09-01-2015, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
the price of primo full-frame glass will increase
Oh happy days... I'm sitting on a gold mine.
09-01-2015, 01:53 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
The Pentax lenses were only tested on a crop frame sensor!
Indeed. It's hard to match lenses across platforms, but look for example at a comparison between the Sony NEX 50 f1.8 and the Pentax 50 f1.8. The Pentax and Sony 'nifty fifty's score the same, and the Sony NEX ranks as one of the sharpest NEX lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by Canuck_west Quote
I would also add that it is I believe it is questionable that Sigma would offer its Art line in a K mount.
This will be news to my Sigma 35 f1.4 Art (in K-mount). And news to the many buyers of the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art in K-mount.

I detect a lot of un-warranted presumptions when it comes to Pentax glass in this thread.

09-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Oh I hope this is not history repeating itself but if it's due in spring of 2016 then we can be assured about the use of the latest Sony sensor!!!! I am ok to wait if that is the case