Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2015, 05:18 AM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by npc Quote
A7RII fixes the color cast issues, but smearing and other problems caused by the thick cover class are still the same.
I do not use the Ultra wide, range finder lenses which have caused the problems so I cannot comment directly but if you check the Sony forum on Fred Miranda you will find that most, if not all, of the users who have used them with the A7RII are quite pleased. Except for the Ultra Wide lenses 15mm and wider there are very few reports of problems on the A7RII. So many experienced photographers report success that it is probably likely that many of the complaints are about defective lenses or from people who just always complain.

10-09-2015, 07:14 AM   #62
osv
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Not all mirrorless or even A7 series cameras are the same.
i've seen that with the k24/2.8... it's really weak on the sides on my a7r, but i think that it was pinholecam(?) who has posted some nice city skyline shots from it on his a7.

pentax legacy 28mm and up tends to clean up nicely when stopped down, pentax ff owners don't know how lucky they got it.
10-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
This really isn't true, Jay.
It most certainly is.

QuoteQuote:
The actual resolution difference you see between a K5 and K3 is minimal. ... The reality is that it is tough to get pixel level sharpness with really high pixel density -- some of this related to diffraction, some to lens sharpness, and some to photographer technique.
You will not notice any difference if you introduce blur or mis-focus.

Boatloads have been written about this and there's lots of data to back it up, from DXoMark, lensrentals.con, slrgear, etc...

"...Over time we'll find which lenses take best advantage of the new, high-resolution sensors, and which don't. Almost every lens is going to benefit to some degree, of course. The idea that certain lenses are "50 megapixel ready" is kind of silly. The 18-55mm kit lens will still have more resolution on a 5DS than it will on a 5D III." ~Roger Cicala

QuoteQuote:
... I don't truly believe that all lenses will be great on full frame.
Did anyone say "all lenses will be great on full frame?" I was commenting on the "FA limiteds will be out-resolved by new sensor" statement.

Here's the fact apropos of the point I was addressing: No lenses will perform worse on higher-MP than they do on lower. In most cases (as long as you're not blurring the shot because of technique or too-low shutter speed or mis-focus,) you will easily notice better resolution, even when not pixel peeping. The better the lens, the more you will notice. There is no such thing as 'sensors out-resolving lenses', MTF is determined by both sensor and lens.

In other words: worrying about your FA limiteds is a complete waste of time. If you like them now, you'll like them more on more MP and probably more on FF,a s long as you haven't become wedded to the aps-c FOV (which is a legit reason to perhaps not enjoy FF as much.)

Last edited by jsherman999; 10-10-2015 at 07:06 PM.
10-11-2015, 02:56 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
how will this camera compare to the Nikon D 810
By the time the Pentax hits the market, Nikon will have a D810S. A new Nikon D810S is a possibility | Nikon Rumors