Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 33 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2015, 01:51 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Hand-held super resolution would be nice. But why wasn't it included in the K-3 II if this is true?
might be that it requires processing power that the K3II lacks or that it requires a change in hardware.

10-14-2015, 01:52 AM - 5 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I suggest this thread should be closed, any mention of "FF Rumors" are redundant, we already have a fair idea of what is in the works and we will find all about it soon enough. The vagueness of the details revealed are no better than idle speculation which isn't going to be productive. Furthermore any mention of RH is giving him more publicity than he deserves.

Last edited by Digitalis; 10-14-2015 at 01:59 AM.
10-14-2015, 01:57 AM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Danaher Dempsey Quote
Remember back when the Nikon D700 came out at 12 MP and it was a fantastic low light camera.... My preference would be for a fantastic low light Pentax FF.

Please spread the FF low light rumor ... if it will make it come to pass.
Maybe we will get three like the Sony A7's
10-14-2015, 02:13 AM   #19

Basically a D750 with SR is the aim.

By the way, I'm a wedding cinematographer and have been using Pentax cameras since 2011, so I'd be very happy to beta test the movie functions of the new FF for you, Pentax :-)

10-14-2015, 02:15 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I suggest this thread should be closed, any mention of "FF Rumors" are redundant, we already have a fair idea of what is in the works and we will find all about it soon enough. The vagueness of the details revealed are no better than idle speculation which isn't going to be productive. Furthermore any mention of RH is giving him more publicity than he deserves.
well if its rumors.. and we have a categorie for FF news and rumors, i dont see why it should be redundant.. i think more redunt is the thread about another countdown (25 Feb)
10-14-2015, 02:37 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Who knows.

I very much doubt the hand held pixel shift thing, though. I thought the whole point of it was that it required a very specific shift of one pixel each direction or some such thing. You could just take four photos hand held and combine them without the shifting the sensor at all and you would get a bunch of non-precise shifting. Maybe they'll just add a de-ghosting algorithim to the multiexposure mode, but I would think it would be a really beneficial thing.
10-14-2015, 03:07 AM   #22
Pentaxian

I vote with you, but doubt on the result.
Too many of us just need that kind of exercice...

10-14-2015, 03:08 AM - 4 Likes   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ddamski Quote
i didnt found any thread in the pentaxforums, so i thought i would share this new post (via Photorumours, via Ricehigh) :

Someone at the Chinese Xitek forum hinted that he had tested the beta unit of the FF and told the following:

1. The new machine is not 42MP.

2. The AF speed is very high.

3. There are many AF points than ever.

4. SR Super-resolution mode now works handheld.

5. The result of the handheld super-resolution mode is good and it works!

6. Overall better experience than the D810.

(...)
The above is pure disinformation from RiceHigh. The guy who posted on Xitek

http://forum.xitek.com/thread-1508304-1-1-1.html

nowhere pretends to be a beta-tester of the incoming Pentax 24x36 camera. He says himself that the above are pure dreams/speculations from his part that he uses as a preamble to a poll on the attitude to have vis-à-vis a launch postponed to Spring 2016 (wait / jump ship / wait until Chinese New Year / wait until April 1st / wait until May 1st). He uses once the word 'speculation' (猜测) and eight times the word 'dream' (梦).
10-14-2015, 03:26 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

nowhere pretends to be a beta-tester of the incoming Pentax 24x36 camera. He says himself that the above are pure dreams/speculations from his part that he uses as a preamble to a poll on the attitude to have vis-à-vis a launch postponed to Spring 2016 (wait / jump ship / wait until Chinese New Year / wait until April 1st / wait until May 1st). He uses once the word 'speculation' (猜测) and eight times the word 'dream' (梦).

This is almost like the rumor that some sick patient vomited a chicken.

When the original information that was transmitted was that some sick patient vomited and it was yellow, chicken oil in color.
10-14-2015, 03:30 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Thanks for checking into this. In the end, it's nothing more than click-bait from Ricey?
10-14-2015, 03:32 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I do wonder about the sensor. There are two reasons in my mind why Pentax would use the 42 megapixel sensor. One is that they just want to have the latest sensor available just for bragging rights (and maybe to sell better versus older cameras like the D810). The other is if they are really planning to make some real improvements to video and include 4K on the new camera. Beyond that, both of these sensors test really close. The D810 is a little better at low iso, while the A7r II is a little better at and over iso 3200. Resolution is probably close enough that you couldn't tell a difference.
10-14-2015, 03:44 AM   #27

Original Poster

thanks aswell for checking .. now we could close the thread if there is no real basis..
10-14-2015, 04:08 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
we already have a fair idea of what is in the works and we will find all about it soon enough.
Apart from the fact? that it's to be released in Spring next year what is known about it?
10-14-2015, 04:21 AM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ddamski Quote
thanks aswell for checking .. now we could close the thread if there is no real basis..
However, your topic was also posted on Facebook in the Pentaxforums group. With your avatar as topic picture
So, it doesn't stop just here! :P

https://www.facebook.com/pentaxforums/posts/10153264080144065
10-14-2015, 04:50 AM   #30

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
However, your topic was also posted on Facebook in the Pentaxforums group. With your avatar as topic picture
So, it doesn't stop just here! :P

https://www.facebook.com/pentaxforums/posts/10153264080144065
lol..its already spreading like fire.. i should have used my website logo instead of my PF avatar