Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 33 Likes Search this Thread
10-15-2015, 01:34 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Large finder to leverage resolution performance." Because light travels through the prism before your eye resolves the image, see?

And .78x

10-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #47
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
"World's Fist New Original Superiority"?

There are so many errors of spelling and phraseology and so many nonspecific promises that I wouldn't trust a word of it. Looks like complete made-up garbage to me, the whole lot of it, and I wouldn't use it if the paper it was printed on was the last toilet tissue on earth.
Yep.
10-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
"World's Fist New Original Superiority"?

There are so many errors of spelling and phraseology and so many nonspecific promises that I wouldn't trust a word of it. Looks like complete made-up garbage to me, the whole lot of it, and I wouldn't use it if the paper it was printed on was the last toilet tissue on earth.
My thoughts exactly. It looks like something someone put together who did not speak the language all that well. Ricoh has good ad people.
10-15-2015, 01:48 PM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Well, what's unfortunate, is that this is appearing on PF's Facebook page ... maybe worse than the April Fool's FF joke ... enough said.

10-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Remember the K-7 viral marketing? Little tiny cropped, out-of-focus sections of a bit of the camera (with no supporting explanation)? Remember the discussions (arguments) about whether that edge was a mode dial or a nose bleed? No one had ever seen drip releases like that from Pentax and the body was radically different from the K10/K20 bulbous shape. But it sure did captivate this Forum for a few days - thousands of members online at once, constant screen refreshes and thread jumping to read it all. What a balst that was !!

Wouldn't it be delicious if some really dry-humored wag in corporate was having a go at RH?

There's just enough possible truth here to give it potential to turn out real - another new kind of viral marketing.

Just sayin'
10-16-2015, 03:14 AM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Well, what's unfortunate, is that this is appearing on PF's Facebook page ... maybe worse than the April Fool's FF joke ... enough said.
It even appeared on Google plus and twitter and it has also reached digicame-info Who ever made it must have a field day.
10-16-2015, 03:55 AM - 1 Like   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Someone close this damn thread already!

10-16-2015, 03:59 AM   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Maybe you need to drop the F and C words a few times to make the moderators notice? But seriously, this sort of stuff is like the Hydra right now. The only thing that can slay it is the Full-Frame itself.
10-16-2015, 04:20 AM   #54
Pentaxian

or you can unsubscribe
10-16-2015, 05:22 AM   #55
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

When I see books on the shelf at Barnes and Noble that I'm not interested in I always demand that they remove them. Some people take a more radical approach though. They just don't read the ones they don't like.
Seriously, the person who wrote this should not me mocked for his English language skills. IF it is legitimate though, (I seriously doubt it) the company deserves to be lambasted for not choosing someone who has more than a passing familiarity with the language to do the ad. You wouldn't make fun of someone for being blind, but someone who hires a blind man to paint his house might deserve a poke or two.
10-16-2015, 05:29 AM - 2 Likes   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Seriously, the person who wrote this should not me mocked for his English language skills.
That isn't the reason this thread should be closed, my reasons for suggesting this course of action are:

1) There isn't any accurate information in the OP, just disinformation which is next to useless.
2) The lack of any useful or accurate information in this thread is doing nothing more than damaging the reputation of Pentax.
3) Ricehigh has been mentioned, exposure to his brand of vitriolic hate for pentax is best kept to a minimum.
4) The advertisement posted is wrong on a number of points about the specifications of the upcoming camera.

Sometimes unsubscribing to a thread just isn't enough, people need to be made accountable for the BS they post, especially when they make the claim of having tertiary/firsthand accounts of information on future Pentax products.

Last edited by Digitalis; 10-16-2015 at 07:40 AM.
10-16-2015, 05:57 AM   #57
Pentaxian

Seriously, the person who wrote this should not me mocked for his English language skills.
I'm not mocking. It's just that there are plenty of Japanese who are perfectly fluent in both written and spoken English, and any outfit as professional as Ricoh would employ such a person to write their English-language presentations and advertising. On those grounds, I concluded that this was written by someone whose English-language skills are godawful (or who is deliberately trying to mimic fractured English) and who is consequently in no position at all to speak with any reliable authority on the specifications of the full-frame.

It reads to me like the sort of really badly written advertising copy I've previously seen coming out of mainland China.
10-16-2015, 06:03 AM   #58
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Sometimes unsubscribing to a thread just isn't enough, people need to be made accountable for the BS they post, especially when they make the claim of having tertiary/firsthand accounts of information on future Pentax products.
I agree with that; however, in this case it is so blatantly phony I don't think anybody could mistake it for reality. As you said, RiceHigh has been mentioned. that per se, destroys the credibility of any rumor.
10-16-2015, 06:19 AM   #59
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not mocking.
I know you weren't. My response was a general one to some who were. I hadn't considered someone trying to mimic poor English, but it's certainly a possibility.

It's just that there are plenty of Japanese who are perfectly fluent in both written and spoken English, and any outfit as professional as Ricoh would employ such a person to write their English-language presentations and advertising.
I agree completely, and that was essentially the point of my post. Ricoh (or their ad agency) isn't going to hire someone who isn't fluent in the language the ad is in for the same reason airlines don't hire blind pilots.
10-16-2015, 07:44 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree with that; however, in this case it is so blatantly phony I don't think anybody could mistake it for reality.
This is a public forum on the internet, that exists for the discussion and promotion of pentax products. Anything published, no matter how blatantly phony, will be (mis)taken for the truth. cf. Poe's law

Last edited by Digitalis; 10-16-2015 at 08:02 AM.