Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-25-2015, 02:50 PM   #1

Specifications

I am trying to collate information on facts and rumors about this camera for our future reference prior to release

Last edited by Parallax; 10-30-2015 at 11:07 AM.
10-25-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks pretty much like what we posted on the homepage

As far as official specs are confirmed, all we know is that the sensor is FF-sized. The rest is speculation based on the photos of the camera, interviews, and hearsay.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
Appreciate if people could post onto my blog regarding the FF specifications.
Why not simply compile all that info in a thread here?
10-25-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Until it's released everything is pure speculation. Why bother?

10-25-2015, 05:46 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I dont mean to be confrontational, but isn't it a bit cheaky to troll for traffic, while you plagiarize a photo from the forum? with no links back, or attribution?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/16-pentax-news-rumors/286134d...x-dsc03021.jpg
10-26-2015, 02:19 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
10-29-2015, 05:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
Appreciate if people could post onto my blog regarding the FF specifications. I am trying to collate information on facts and rumors about this camera for our future reference prior to release

MATT BISHOP PHOTOGRAPHY | Pentax Full Frame Specifications
There are no facts to post... Despite what one can conclude from the PreProduction Model that was shown by "accident"(Ha HA!)...
Not even that. Because it was only a pre-production model... no one knows if the additional wheel will stay. of if it will move for a bigger monochrome lcd.
Maybe the top gets tilted like on the 645Z...

Maybe the futuristic LiveView-LCD will stay but maybe they will just replace it by an ordinary tilting LiveView-LCD...

The only things we KNOW are what the officials stated like:
Crop-Mode
Built-In SR
FF-Sensor
at least a "tilt" screen(if not some special kind of rotatable LCD) ... but actually, already this belongs to the land of speculations IMHO.

... and hey. thats pretty much it. Everything else is speculation by people that hope they are gaining LIKES or Kudos on Social Networks or more traffic for their websites...
Pentaxeros for instance never had a PP model in their hands but they faked a photo of the first mockup to look like they had.(by photoshopping prints on the body...)

Until now, I am pretty sure that no one has the slightest clue about the pricing or the sensor resolution. NO ONE...
One can keep in mind when speculating about the price, that it has to compete with Sonys low priced A7 bodys, factory refurbished 5DII's, half a year used 750Ds, refurbed D800E's, and new A99 bodies(6-10fps, EVF, translucent mirror tech, etc... ) that are now on sale for about 1000-1200 Euros...
PENTAX is just a little too late to charge more than 1600 Euro Body-only for a FF DSLR.
UNLESS THEY DELIVER SOMETHING WITH GREATNESS AND REAL INNOVATION. (hybrid VF for instance...)
A geeky tilting mechanism+additional wheel and the pragmatic and somehow industrial looking design we all got to like about the PENTAX top-line just will not do the trick to buoy up. Not anymore... Otherwise they will have to fight system desertion with a low price of the new FF. Like it or not the bigges competitor in this game is Sonys A7II with a price tag of est. 1500Euro... Check it!

And we dont even know a name for the product, since K-1 was printed on nearly every FF prototype that PENTAX ever produced. I doubt they will use it for the first FF DSLR body... but maybe just for that... who knows..
But normally they would start out with a higher even number like K-6 or K-4. If their plans arent that big maybe K-2.... Since crop made use of the odd numbers...
And spare me the "superstition in numbers of japan" presentation. i hardly doubt any modern japanese guy cares about that. Nikon D4, Canon 6D etc, etc....

I still hope they keep the resolution rather low... and believe it or not.... there may be things out there that most of the weisenheimers on those forums just dont know.

For instance: NO ONE REALLY KNOWS IF THERE ARENT OTHER FF SENSORS AVAILABLE.
There may be a 28MP sensor. There may be no 28MP sensor.
There may be a 32MP sensor. There may be no 32MP sensor.

Some (app.) 24MP sensor in Nikon DSLRs may be a Sony made. And hopefully we will see it in the new Pentax FF.
(IMHO one should only give credits to such beliefs if he knows the guy who is responsible for buying the sensors...only as and when he also has seen a printed delivery note that is seemingly legalized...)

But maybe it is not and we will have to live with a 42MP FF DSLR that is dead slow, will have problems with continuous shooting in RAW and that could be better at high ISO values...

again --> "somehow" confirmed by some guys from PENTAX/Ricoh Imaging:

Crop-Mode
Built-In SR
FF-Sensor
at least a "tilt" screen(actually just a guess)

my wishes:

24-28MP resolution
10-11 fps
4K Video(to attract the kids that even dont know what to do with it. )
Tilt-Screen
all the features from the K-3II and the features that the K-3II is missing but where there on the K-5II series like "Sensor Tilt-Shift", Phase AF in LV mode...
Wifi, NFC, GPS and the ability to upload the pictures to online-services and ftps by using the Wifi...
compatible with lightrooms and darktables tethering modules when connected by cable.
Hybrid Viewfinder...
rather futuristic:
detachable remote control LCD instead of "tilty"
accordingly a new wireless protocol (to communicate with a flash setup for instance just by using the camera or the special LCDs menu...)

Ah yes... nearly forgot: The capabilities to shoot photographs with it and save them on a digital storage media.

11-02-2015, 05:12 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
I dont mean to be confrontational, but isn't it a bit cheaky to troll for traffic, while you plagiarize a photo from the forum? with no links back, or attribution?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/16-pentax-news-rumors/286134d...x-dsc03021.jpg
not being cheaky at all mate. Youve got that wrong. I am a pentaxian and am proud to share any info i can with others who are interested. However, I am a bit to early for doing so, so we'll have to wait a few months i believe.