Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
11-18-2015, 09:32 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great idea!

QuoteOriginally posted by Scooterpilot Quote
I bought the K3II to replace my pentax camera and lenses that were taken during a burglary, Bought two good lenses for the K3II. I'm in a wait and see mode with the FF. Like someone mentioned in an early post, more often than not, a new product usually has issues that will surface. I have the money set aside for the FF and FF lenses; however, I don't see buying either anytime soon. I'm going to wait and let the FF mature, as I'm perfectly content with the K3II.

11-18-2015, 10:08 PM - 1 Like   #32
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blacknight659 Quote
I personally would purchase the camera you need now. If you have a job to get done, the new k-3 or k-3ii will do it. At this point, we have no idea what the FF camera is called let alone how it will perform or cost.

Also, First Gen things typically have problems... and sometimes they are big problems. K-5 had some flappy issues and P-ttl flash issues. K-3 had a similar issue but this was corrected soon after launch.

I think your best bet is to get the camera you need now, and purchase the FF camera when the rest of the market has had a chance to test it. Also, if it is rock solid, you may get one in the marketplace at a good price.
Don't forget the oil stained sensor issue on the original K-5!

Smart move though for the photographer that can wait.. but that is also an interesting situation for Ricoh.. if not many buy the new FF body and lenses, do they keep introducing more into that market?

They have their work cut out for them.. even just looking at Nikon and their FX lineup.. with the 610 and the 810 a few years old now, they are established and still quite capable bodies. A Plethora of cheap lenses available for them.. and a seemingly much more robust repair network in the USA.

It still has me contemplating a switch to Nikon...

That said, reality hits me in the back of the head and tells me just wait for the 500 dollar K-3 bodies on BF and stick with crop until Pentax FF prices drop and there is a decent repair network in the US. That is.. wait a couple of years.
11-19-2015, 01:24 AM   #33

Photos: Gallery
I bought a Sony A7 II this year with a part of the money I wanted to spend on a Pentax fullframe. Then I saw that shooting fullframe is really _THAT_ different to APS-C so I will never buy any APS-C only stuff again. Waiting for the fullframe ;-) hope it has autofocus :-D
11-20-2015, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #34
mee
Veteran Member

Actually, it is such a dilemma.. D7100 bodies for 489 USD.. and like I said before, I think K-3 will be that price shortly too. Sigma lenses are also on sale through Cybermonday.. 419 bucks for a new 17-50 f/2.8

For 900 dollars, could have a nice little combo.

900 dollars won't even touch the price of the FF body for sure... not for a long, long, long time.

11-23-2015, 11:33 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Im not planing to buy any APS-C only glass.. or body.. so I'll wait for sure for the FF.. IF.. and only IF.. a nice deal comes in a lens ( not an APS-C only lens ) i might go for it.. but otherwise.. i'll stay still till FF is out.
11-30-2015, 02:42 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
No, I have more than I need at present as far as body (K-5IIs) or lenses go. I'm telling myself that I'll save any money for the new releases until Black Friday 2016 and then splurge.
We'll see.

So far, so good.
11-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #37
Pentaxian

My K-5 was fine, so Black Friday came and went without it being replaced. Lenses, on the other hand... This thing had better have a good crop mode.

11-30-2015, 05:49 PM   #38
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I'm a 30 year Nikonian who in early 2015 came over to Pentax because of pixel shift technology. So please forgive the use of DX, as my background is Nikoncentric.
Otis was surfing for deals on nuts...or just nuts...and he came across your post and demanded I post his award for outstanding thinking.....He said more should think like you and make the switch!

Congratulations! Few of these are awarded.....it is rare....no doubt I'll never get one!

Name:  Thinking Award.jpg
Views: 5301
Size:  64.6 KB

I'm not buying much this year, I have most everything I need and most all of what I want too. Maybe I will join with Otis and give a few things this year to some of my friends here?

Regards & Happy shopping to all!
12-01-2015, 10:06 AM   #39
Veteran Member

No, not buying anything for a bit.
I had my taste of FF goodness. It was nice, just too big for me.
But I am pretty set when it comes to glass as well. I would use the money to buy my toddler toys for christmas...but he doesn't even play with toys. He plays with everything BUT toys.