Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 35 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2015, 07:16 AM - 3 Likes   #31
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
LOL
You must be pshychic, Alex.
I've never seen a manual that was offensive.
We have, on occasion, encountered rude, obnoxious posters who were.

11-28-2015, 07:27 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I's hard to be offensive when all you do all day is lie on a shelf somewhere.

I never read manuals, that's Tess' job.

Asking here for help is much easier that trying to figure out things from the manual 90% of the time.
11-28-2015, 07:37 AM   #33
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

I never read manuals, that's Tess' job.

Asking here for help is much easier that trying to figure out things from the manual 90% of the time.
Some things are universal.
11-28-2015, 07:38 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I'm not worried about the screen. I will have it locked down 95 percent of the time. The few times I will use it, the camera will mostly be on a tripod. For people who don't use articulating screens, keeping it locked down (you could even super glue it) would be a great option.
I'm sure that there are times I would use the articulating screen. I am, however, also concerned about it's effect on weather sealing.

---------- Post added Nov 28th, 2015 at 05:39 AM ----------

Thank you! It's so tiring defending my lifestyle!

11-28-2015, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Quartermaster James Quote
I'm sure that there are times I would use the articulating screen. I am, however, also concerned about it's effect on weather sealing.

---------- Post added Nov 28th, 2015 at 05:39 AM ----------

Thank you! It's so tiring defending my lifestyle!
Come on man, move up to the modern age, get a sofa.
11-28-2015, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Exactly.
Any useful feature whose use is optional and that doesn't intefere with other functions is a good thing.
I have never used movie mode on my K-5iis, but I can't think of a reason to complain about having the option.
Agreed, in this case however you could always argue that the display could have been larger and the body thinner without the mechanism behind the display.

Personally I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand it's pretty darn useful, on the other hand I'm a fan of solid and sturdy camera bodies.
11-28-2015, 09:02 AM   #37
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Agreed, in this case however you could always argue that the display could have been larger and the body thinner without the mechanism behind the display.

Personally I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand it's pretty darn useful, on the other hand I'm a fan of solid and sturdy camera bodies.
I agree with that in that there may be a trade-off. I have to think though, that there will be far fewer people saying "gee, I wish this were 1/8" thinner" than would say "I wish this had a tilt screen" if it didn't have one.
Until there's a camera company that can build a sub one hundred dollar FF that's custom built to the purchaser's specs nobody is going to be completely happy.
I know I've never owned anything that I didn't wish was slightly different in some way.

Last edited by Parallax; 11-28-2015 at 09:14 AM.
11-28-2015, 09:34 AM   #38
Pentaxian

I know I've never owned anything that I didn't wish was slightly different in some way.
Perhaps this is why I own so many film bodies - P3, P30T, ME, MX, Spotmatic, Ricoh XR-1...

Only one DSLR, though, because the K-5 has everything I need right now in digital - the only thing it can't do, of course, is work without batteries (and that's why I have the MX and the Spotmatics - and possibly the XR-1; I need to try that out sometime).
11-28-2015, 03:18 PM - 6 Likes   #39
Pentaxian

Well, I guess if you include the potential for operator error any feature qualifies as annoyance.
I tend to take really bad photos occasionally, so yeah, that picture taking feature is pretty annoying.
11-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #40
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

LOL!
11-30-2015, 07:17 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So, I check back on this part of the forum, as I do occasionally, to see the status on the FF. Last I remember reading, it was due out in November. That's obviously not happening.

I do vote for the articulating screen, though. I use it on the A6000 quite often, especially on a tripod.
11-30-2015, 10:06 AM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No news... Things are cold again. Hello FF... are you still in the oven? Its ready I think you may not want to get overcook.
11-30-2015, 10:10 AM - 1 Like   #43
Pentaxian

No news is good news.... last time we heard from them was for a 6 month delay.
11-30-2015, 10:11 AM   #44
Veteran Member

No news is good news.... last time we heard from them was for a 6 month delay.
Good point...
12-01-2015, 09:48 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stargazer Quote
I love my K5 and K3, but let's be honest high iso performance is not up to par with the canikon fullframe cameras. You cannot go beyond ISO 400 without being horrified by the noise and lost of detail in photos.(pixel piping, call it whatever you want, but if you do wildlife you will,eventually crop and a lot!)!
Huh? Even the K-7 can shoot at 1000ISO without terrible noise. This is cropped 40%:
The quality is about what you got from 200ISO slide film. Not horrible in my book.

---------- Post added 12-01-15 at 05:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stargazer Quote
In your website you have a few well know wildlife photographers handling massive FA* 600/4 that you don't make any more and can't even find one in the used market, because they are very rare and people really value them for they build quality and optics. Good craftsmanship that you once possessed and made you're name on. STOP misleading us.
STOP not wanting to take a piece of the wildlife/sports market in photography and just do us justice by giving us (customers) what we demand!!! Enough is ENOUGH!
You can buy mine if you want to