Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2016, 03:48 PM   #166
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bayside Graphics Quote
Anyone know how non-DA lenses will effect the FF K1?
What do you mean by this?

02-17-2016, 10:46 AM   #167

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
I think you'll be smart to wait. I believe the new Pentax FF will be a dynamite camera, rock solid. Don't be hatin' on Sony's though---my A7R is a terrific camera which would be getting heavy use if not for the fact that I got a 645Z. I don't like the feel of the new A7RII as much as the A7R, but most would disagree with me. Extremely capable camera. Use any lens you want on it.
There was searing financial pain involved buying the Z for me. But not with the lenses---the used lenses are great and can still be gotten cheap. I've got 12, and together they cost less than what I would have spent getting a third of that number for an A7RII, in terms of what I've got.
If it comes in around say $2500 my question to all is this... Why not consider the 645D? I have seen these around $3K body only and I do have an old mint A series 645 45-85mm f4.5 lens I have played with on the K5 with some nice results. I know... don't jump all over me for the MF use on crop sensor, but it does work very nicely! Anyway, I would really appreciate some discussion on a MF jump from the K5 and optionally bypass the K1. I work most all the time in Landscape mode and some portrait work. I am considering seriously the Canon ProGraf IPF6400 24" printer since they have come down in price, or the new Pro1000 17" in conjunction with either camera choice.

I think a discussion on the pros and cons FF or MF is needed at this level of technology/pricing. Personally, I truly believe 40MP MF will be far superior to 36MP FF. I agree up front the FF will have a lot more bells and whistles for most, and that's why I would probably keep the K5.

This may not be the thread for proper response, so if anyone knows of one, please let me know. I have searched this AM without real success.
02-17-2016, 04:13 PM   #168
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
$1799.95 !
02-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #169

The Pop Photo article says the price will be $1799 body only.

Hands-On: The Pentax K-1 Full-Frame DSLR Is Here At Last | Popular Photography