Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
01-23-2016, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #121
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
More interesting would be if Ricoh came to a deal with PentaxForums, so that everyone with a PF post count greater than, oh, 8000 , got a free FF. Or got a voucher from Ricoh that entitled them to a 50% Ricoh rebate on their purchase the K-1. In recognition of their contribution to Pentax marketing.

But maybe 9000 posts and over they will blacklist a person's name, making them pay 50% more than everyone else for posting too much fluff and not spending enough time outside taking photos.

And, ooh, as it just so happens... I see that you are awfully close to 9000 posts. I'd be VERY careful if I were you!

01-23-2016, 01:40 PM   #122
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I see that you are awfully close to 9000 posts. I'd be VERY careful if I were you!
Once the FF comes out of the shadows, everyone's post counts will probably increase. My march to 9000 seems inexorable ...

Your idea about an auto-ban after 9000 posts is a good one. I've often thought about banning myself from PF to encourage me to leave the dank depths of my basement, and take more photos, so it could work out as a positive.
01-24-2016, 09:12 AM   #123
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
... I've often thought about banning myself from PF to encourage me to leave the dank depths of my basement, and take more photos, so it could work out as a positive.
+1. I need to do the same across all the forums I participate in. Less posting, more photos !
01-24-2016, 01:29 PM   #124
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Aoresteen Quote
+1. I need to do the same across all the forums I participate in. Less posting, more photos !
I stopped sharing photo's because no one cares anymore.

01-24-2016, 01:40 PM   #125
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I thought you stopped sharing photos because your weren't shooting any more.

There are plenty of folks who do care and post photos and comment on other's photos. That said, Ton, you just come across as someone who is tired and angry and burned out on Pentax, but doesn't have energy to move into another brand. Life is too short to spend upset. If Pentax bodies and lenses don't work for you any more, then you need to move to another brand -- or just give up photography as a past time.
01-24-2016, 06:25 PM   #126
mee
Veteran Member

May I have the FA 31mm you won in the contest giveaway on here a year or two ago? I'll take and share photos with it!!
01-24-2016, 06:29 PM   #127
Veteran Member

May I have the FA 31mm you won in the contest giveaway on here a year or two ago? I'll take and share photos with it!!

From memory he sold it, maybe the other one he had prior to entering the competition too.

01-24-2016, 07:14 PM   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Originally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote I stopped sharing photo's because no one cares anymore.
She cares.
01-24-2016, 10:17 PM   #129
Veteran Member

Take heart Ron, you're not the only one who feels like this. I've basically given up shooting having moved to the ghastly Sony A7r + horrifically expensive Zeiss/G. All passion for the art has since gone. I think having totted up the cost of all this has really put the dampers on it, too.

My best photography came from the K-5IIs with 31 and 77 Ltds. Also have the K-3 (too heavy, noisy >ISO), A6000 (toy), A7r (the worst thing ever made in the World ever).

I preferred it when I didn't know fanboy sites existed, back when I had equipment that was a joy to use and my bank balance was healthier.
01-24-2016, 10:23 PM   #130
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Take heart Ron, you're not the only one who feels like this. I've basically given up shooting having moved to the ghastly Sony A7r + horrifically expensive Zeiss/G. All passion for the art has since gone. I think having totted up the cost of all this has really put the dampers on it, too.

My best photography came from the K-5IIs with 31 and 77 Ltds. Also have the K-3 (too heavy, noisy >ISO), A6000 (toy), A7r (the worst thing ever made in the World ever).
Well, in your postmortem on what happened to the passion for your art, HopelessTogger, you only obsess about gear, not subject, technique or style.

I'm not surprised money hasn't bought you happiness! 😁
01-24-2016, 10:32 PM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Well, in your postmortem on what happened to the passion for your art, HopelessTogger, you only obsess about gear, not subject, technique or style.

I'm not surprised money hasn't bought you happiness! 😁
Yes, forget the gear is the message. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Ignore fanboys and proxy marketing men.

Of course, sites like this being plagued by rude keyboard warriors doesn't help either.
01-24-2016, 10:40 PM - 1 Like   #132
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Yes, forget the gear is the message. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Ignore fanboys and proxy marketing men.

Of course, sites like this being plagued by rude keyboard warriors doesn't help either.
Oh, this is rich.

If it's not the K-3, A7R and A6000 preventing you from taking good photos, it's other people on the Internet. (rolls eyes).
01-24-2016, 11:16 PM   #133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Oh, this is rich.

If it's not the K-3, A7R and A6000 preventing you from taking good photos, it's other people on the Internet. (rolls eyes).
No. But common courtesy costs nothing.

I was just making the point that more equipment doesn't necessarily help and it's better to concentrate on . . .

Argh! Whatever!
01-25-2016, 12:20 AM   #134
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'v just decided that I'll head out to take some photos...not coming back t o this thread untill real announcement. Have fun!

01-25-2016, 01:52 AM   #135
Banned

No really. People are less interested in images then one, two or three years ago. Even on this forum. Look at entry's in the photo section. They get halve the number of views then one year ago. On social media you don't get the amount of attention. It's simply because we have all seen these images before in some way. Just every now and then we see something that amazes us. For being new or creative in a way we haven't seen a hundred times. So I stopped sharing my lot of images. I have nice prints for the images that have a meaning to me. People who don't pay for my images are not on my radar.

News site are changing too. One-two years ago it was normal that they buy an image with multiple use, say a scène with runners, and use that image 100 times for news about small sports, running, fitness, family outings and so on. Now they fish the internet for free to use images and find a bundle on Flickr that gives great images with a Cc label so free to use. We don't even care anymore. The images are just filling to an item we read for like 40 seconds. News paper are using stock images from the 1 $ per image site and graphics to fill parts of their paper.

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 01-25-2016 at 02:24 AM.