Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2015, 03:42 PM - 2 Likes   #76
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

Right, Norm? It's the exact same argument you made with FF vs. aps-c, why is it not true with aps-c vs. m43? Or is it suddenly true at that tier? At what magical breaking point, in your mind, does sensor size difference suddenly matter?
I think this is very sad, Jay, you tarnishing your legacy. [thumb down]

You have 8,000 posts. There was a time - before I joined - when you would have put up pics, engaged in banter with fellow members, appreciated the photography of others, advised beginners, etc.

If I ever stop shooting Pentax, I'm promising to not return here just to push a particular agenda (full frame fetishism) or take potshots at former friends (and have a similar specimen like Osv pop up and give you a 'like' for it).

12-17-2015, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #77
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm doing my best to just stay out of your way dude
that's a good idea, because you always lose those arguments.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Now, back to the conversation... post an image where a D810 taken in crop image is better than an 24 MP APS_c image, because that's what we were talking about, or shut your yap.
i hate to point out the obvious but jay never said a single word about a d810 cropped image anywhere in his post

once again, another shining example of aps-c brain cells failing to fire

---------- Post added 12-17-15 at 03:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
It strikes me that you're really talking about incremental improvements between formats.
yes, the topic of this thread was about formats, not cropping a ff sensor, normhead keeps going o/t...

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
that those who do champion 35FF have a tendency to stop comparisons at that format, and ignore or minimise what differences there are with 645-crop and above. Not that I'm saying you're one of those, mind. In the film era, some people with 8x10s used to regard 35mm users with mild amusement, too.
it was cute that digitalis posted a photo of an 8x10 print(why?), but, if you've ever used an 8x10 camera, you know that it's a nightmare... the film is never fully flat, so resolution across the frame is all over the map, a standard length lens is what, 300mm? etc... it's not practical at all, especially in this modern digital age.

QuoteQuote:
Others recognised that all formats had their place.
i'm not sure why some crop people on this forum have inferiority complexes about their cameras i own pentax and i like pentax cameras... but making up stupid and pointless scenarios like putting a crop lens on a d810 is just silly.
Closed Thread