Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
01-02-2016, 07:13 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Now, what if it comes this January?
Then I'll be paying 24.99% on it till November.

01-02-2016, 08:12 PM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The FUD is strong with this one.
Well, possibly, but I reckon it's more like Shark Music.

You know, the music you hear in a movie that says a shark's coming, and you should be afraid but you actually know you're safe.
01-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm just going to be patient and wait for a 6x7 DSLR. All this waiting is just too much fun. Nobody is speculating about a 67. We could all speculate about delays and complain about pricing.
01-02-2016, 09:06 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@zmohie, care to come back to your thread and respond?

01-02-2016, 11:04 PM   #35
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
@zmohie, care to come back to your thread and respond?
I was wondering about that too. I hope some of us didn't completely scare him off.. I'm afraid I might have come across a bit too brash.

My apologies to you, zmohie, if I was.
01-03-2016, 01:22 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I apologize.If my thread went that way which didn't intend to .
It is the different cultures and the different languages.
I even don't know what the word/ troll/ means but I feel it is a negative word.
I asked a simple question and inspect to get simple answer.
Why some get things so serious?
This is open forum and the photography as I see is a hobby for many. Pros are busy getting money. .hobbies are on forums most time.
My simple question is still valid to discuss as I think because Pentax used to do that.
Sorry again and happy new year.

Last edited by zmohie; 01-03-2016 at 05:46 AM.
01-03-2016, 05:25 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Troll" refers to someone saying something to get people angry, or nervous or arguing. I didn't take your meaning to be that, but it wasn't clear to me if you were just expressing a casual thought or if you were giving voice to a fear that this might happen.

Some people here are a little nervous or impatient about the arrival of the K-1. Don't feel you need to apologise, but it would perhaps be helpful to hear what motivated you to ask the question.

01-03-2016, 06:32 AM   #38
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
This is open forum and the photography as I see is a hobby for many. Pros are busy getting money. .hobbies are on forums most time.
My simple question is still valid to discuss as I think because Pentax used to do that.
You have nothing to apologize for. Your question was a legitimate question that was in no way inappropriate.

One definition of a troll is someone who posts things for the sole purpose of causing disruption, creating conflict, arguments, or hostility.
The only trolling here was by a few of the people who posted replies to your question.

Last edited by Parallax; 01-03-2016 at 06:49 AM.
01-03-2016, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #39
Pentaxian

I'm sure you didn't intend this, and I'm not sarcastic. I even had a brief look at your post history to verify my (positive) assumption about you, and make sure of your intentions. You're not a troll.

Unfortunately, such questions are effectively (even if unintentionally) FUD-like. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt
The problem here is the context: people waited for a K-mount FF DSLR since ages; there was a cancelled attempt in 2001, then Hoya with "no soup FF for you" and only now, Ricoh Imaging is willing to make one for us (even them, couldn't meet the initial estimated date/period). Suggesting that further delays might happen, well, that's a sensitive subject

And... the best and only information we know is that Ricoh Imaging will announce the K-1 in the spring. Since they even started a teaser campaign with regular updates, they must be pretty certain about it.
01-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #40
mee
Veteran Member

There was no trolling in this thread by anyone and no need for you to apologize per say.

The definition of a troll is one who posts an inflammatory remark for the sole sake of getting a reaction or to simply upset others. And no one here did such a thing (even if someone thinks such, they are incorrect in their assumptions). So no worries!
01-03-2016, 11:27 AM   #41
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
troll is one who posts an inflammatory remark for the sole sake of getting a reaction or to simply upset others. And no one here did such a thing
You clearly need to re read some of the replies.
Closed Thread