Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
01-02-2016, 09:29 AM - 3 Likes   #16
mee
Veteran Member

What if.. we all stepped away from the keyboard BEFORE making more 'What If' threads and other various pseudo-important discussions, wasting precious life arguing over things neither here nor there? What if we just waited to see what happens in a few months and decide what is best for us individually when that time comes, knowing it is no one's business but our own? What if indeed.

01-02-2016, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What if the Internet stopped feeding trolls?...
01-02-2016, 10:26 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
What if the Internet stopped feeding trolls?...
+1 to all
01-02-2016, 10:26 AM - 1 Like   #19
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
another opportunity to update my 'ignored, user list... thank you...

01-02-2016, 11:09 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote

What if they canceled the whole project due to "market changes"?
Possible, but I think if they do this ^ it's step one in the process of doing that v .

QuoteQuote:
What if they closed Pentax completely?
Possible.

QuoteQuote:
What if they bought Nikon?
That's even possible I guess, but I doubt Ricoh's plans involve that big of an expansion into consumer imaging.
01-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
This seems like a perfect use for:

Facepaw!
I knew that was coming. Very à propos indeed.
01-02-2016, 11:18 AM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
...wasting precious life arguing over things neither here nor there?
Sounds like you're advocating shutting down the entire internet because it 'wastes precious life'

This is what internet forums are about, in part. "I don't like the discussion, close the thread" doesn't do an open forum any favors IMO.

01-02-2016, 12:39 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
what if pentax delayed k1 again or dfa70-200 would you consider the whole system
The FUD is strong with this one.
01-02-2016, 12:41 PM   #24
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
This is what internet forums are about, in part. "I don't like the discussion, close the thread" doesn't do an open forum any favors IMO.
Precisely!

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
What if.. we all stepped away from the keyboard BEFORE making more 'What If' threads and other various pseudo-important discussions, wasting precious life arguing over things neither here nor there? What if we just waited to see what happens in a few months and decide what is best for us individually when that time comes, knowing it is no one's business but our own? What if indeed.
Just to clarify: Nowhere in the pentaxforums.com rules is there anything about members being required to read all threads or posts.
It seems that not reading and responding to posts/threads we aren't interested in would, in itself, save some precious life (time); wouldn't it?
01-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Canikon is famous for releasing flawed betas like the T4 and the D600. I appreciate that:

a) The rarity of Pentax releasing something that is recalled or is in firmware update version 9.9.
b) The name on the front of the camera is not Ricoh.
c) Time waits for no one. There are images to be shot as I post this. Decisions are made every moment of our lives.
d) Did you see the Star Wars: Episode 7? Did it make any sense? Did that stop anyone from seeing it? To me the K1 is Ricoh's gesture that they are willing to invest in the future of Pentax, and that future includes pros and enthusiasts. George was burned out, so he sold out to Walt's Disney, but unlike that analogy, Ricoh has seemed to understand the kwan* of Pentaxians.

*Cuba Gooding, Jr. character's invented word in the film, Jerry Maguire.
01-02-2016, 04:40 PM   #26
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Sounds like you're advocating shutting down the entire internet because it 'wastes precious life'

Not at all. As the good Mr. Carson has stated, there is nothing in the official pentaxforums adventurers rulebook(tm) that says we must read or comment on any or all threads stated. However, I figured the past 6+ years of the same retread discussion (that arrives weekly) about what Ricoh should do [with their K mount FF system] would be a bit stale by now... But if you're keen on restating and re-listening to the same replays, be my guest.

I mean, really, do a search and I suspect you'll find an active one going back at least 6 years... if not further. I think many of us are just wanting to see something fresh on the forums besides the same rehashed what if discussions (and get some real news).. because in these quiet moments that is all that becomes of them. And probably why the K-3 satire thread is so active!
01-02-2016, 04:48 PM   #27
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Until photokina? Well those who wait have proven to be patiënt!
Well it's been years coming so far, what's a few more months.
01-02-2016, 05:25 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
what if pentax delayed k1 again
Cool. I could finish saving for it and wouldn't have to use my credit card.
01-02-2016, 05:52 PM - 1 Like   #29
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Cool. I could finish saving for it and wouldn't have to use my credit card.

See? There's a positive side to everything.
01-02-2016, 06:40 PM   #30
Pentaxian

We will help those who are waiting for this camera. We will all ask Pentax why it will be late.
Now, what if it comes this January?
Closed Thread