Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2016, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Anybody want to guess how much longer this thread will stay open polical talk doesn't stop?
That's because politics and policies do affect photography: whether or not some Pentaxian like us can afford the FF is impacted by taxes.

01-11-2016, 09:56 AM   #137
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by chmance Quote
That's because politics and policies do affect photography: whether or not some Pentaxian like us can afford the FF is impacted by taxes.
You are a brave man. I'm just going to sit back and see how this plays out.
01-11-2016, 09:58 AM   #138
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
He's also no longer a thread participant.
Anyone else want to call my bluff?
01-11-2016, 12:30 PM - 1 Like   #139
Site Supporter

I had mac and cheese at a restaurant on Saturday. Now normally mac&cheese is kinda simple stuff but in order to charge $24.50 for a $2.00 dish they added mushrooms, bacon, lobster and snow crab. It was actually pretty good. I took a picture but it was too dark and did not come out very good. Wish I had the FF, then it would surely have been a good picture.

01-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #140
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I had mac and cheese at a restaurant on Saturday. Now normally mac&cheese is kinda simple stuff but in order to charge $24.50 for a $2.00 dish they added mushrooms, bacon, lobster and snow crab. It was actually pretty good. I took a picture but it was too dark and did not come out very good. Wish I had the FF, then it would surely have been a good picture.
Did it actually tasted well?
01-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #141
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Did it actually tasted well?
Well first let me say that I am a bit of a mac&cheese aficionado. My mother made wonderful mac&cheese with crunchy cheddar on top all baked in. With real cheese, not the fake stuff. And real pasta. Well I guess all pasta is real........... Anyway, my wonderful wife took that recipe and improved it so that honestly she makes the best mac&cheese in the world. Maybe the whole galaxy but I'm not positive about that, still checking. Anyway, it is really good stuff and goes great with a kielbasi sandwich with spicy mustard. Anyway, I've gotten away from the restaurant mac&cheese, which honestly was not as good as my wife's but it did have lobster and bacon in it. And mushrooms. So it was pretty good. Not as good as my wife's but say maybe #4 or 5 I've tested so far.

Really wish I could share a good picture of it, but without the FF camera it just would not be right. Of course if anyone is interested once the FF comes out I can go back and get a picture. Did I mention I really like mac&cheese? And my wife makes it with baked in cheddar and crunchy cheddar on top.
01-11-2016, 02:54 PM   #142
Pentaxian

Explain that to all theses foodies addict that post their food picture taken from a smartphone.

Well the good thing with FF, is that you could actually apply the concept ot any sensor size. While m4/3 or APSC are oubviously cropped format as well as the 645Z digital with the associated low quality one could except, I don't think there the concept of crop on smartphones, we could say they are all FF . I'am sure you would get nice results with than FF iphone 6S !
01-11-2016, 03:40 PM   #143
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
He's also no longer a thread participant.
Anyone else want to call my bluff?
I forgot what this thread was about. Kind of like the K-3 TTCBN (Thread That Cannot Be Named). My bad. I did take a picture of the X-Ray of my new hip with an Oly and carried it around my neck on a loop for airport security. At which point they confiscated my dangerous X-Ray camera and sent it to Quantico for dissection.

Closed Thread