Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 56 Likes Search this Thread
01-04-2016, 07:05 AM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 2351HD Quote
Who is this Otis guy that people seem to be taking the piss out of?
You've been here since 2013 and you don't know Otis? Congratulations on coming out of a coma, it must have been a long and frightening experience....Otis sends his regards and best wishes for a full recovery!

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Sure that otis would be a better safari subject !
Yep.....he is a great safari subject. He came out yesterday for the first time since the New Years bash he had in the Woods of Otis....it was wild out there and loud with all the partying squirrels in his giant Army of Squirrels. He looked like he was still hung over???.....

Otis! Suck that belly in and look like the manly squirrel and great leader you are....you are embarrassing yourself with that slouchy pose!

That's better!!!.....the Otis we know and respect for his dignity and leadership....and fierce defense of Pentax and his friends at PForums! Lookin' damn handsome, isn't he!

BTW- Otis wishes all his friends a very Happy and Prosperous New Year here at P Forums........not so much for those damn Jumpers!

Regards!

01-04-2016, 07:29 AM   #32
Pentaxian

I have all the lenses I need to put one straight on the camera and start shooting full-frame digital when it is (a) available, (b) shown to be reliable, (c) within my price range (and when my K-5 dies, that range becomes "whatever is the best deal I can get").

Until then I have my K-5 for instant gratification, and my collection of film SLRs with laboratory (and soon home) digitisation of the images if I really feel I need the full 135 format field of view from any particular lens & am prepared to wait for the pictures. I can wait almost forever. The only harsh decision to be made would be if the K-5 packed it in permanently before the full-frame was out.
01-04-2016, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The only timetable that matters to me is mine.
01-04-2016, 08:01 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Pentaxian

I waited for 5 years for Pentax to go digital. What I learned was, that "I have to have ________<insert your favourite feature here> arguments are a load of crap. Poor excuses by bad photographers. Now, if a guy says "I prefer to have " this or that, then, there's nothing wrong with that, but, "I have to have right now!" is an immature temper tantrum. My personal opinion is that turning up at this dude's house and handing him a K-1 would be bad for his emotional development. Folks have to learn that temper tantrums don't get you anywhere.

Life's best lessons are those where you learn to overcome adversity.

"I have to have a Full Frame" hardly even qualifies as adversity.

01-04-2016, 10:48 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The only timetable that matters to me is mine.
That kind of thinking will get you.......

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Life's best lessons are those where you learn to overcome adversity.

"I have to have a Full Frame" hardly even qualifies as adversity.
You can pick one up too Norm.....Otis liked your point of view.....

Otis doesn't give out a lot of those Awards.....I hope you guys are saving them, they have a cash value and at some point in 2016 Otis will call for them. The person with the most will get a very nice reward......very nice...and Otis is loaded, so it won't be some cheap lens cap, I guarantee.

A little perspective from Otis when we are speaking of our greed, which he has no problem with, it is his nature too...but we need to remember that we are most fortunate.....over 15,000 children in this world die of starvation every single day. It is a sad note to know that orphan squirrels will outlive many children and never go hungry a day in their lives. Worrying about FF cameras is a luxury we should be very thankful for.

Regards!
01-04-2016, 11:33 AM   #36
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
A little perspective from Otis when we are speaking of our greed, which he has no problem with, it is his nature too...but we need to remember that we are most fortunate.....over 15,000 children in this world die of starvation every single day. It is a sad note to know that orphan squirrels will outlive many children and never go hungry a day in their lives. Worrying about FF cameras is a luxury we should be very thankful for.
Clearly Otis is a very wise squirrel. Has he ever thought about running for President.....
01-04-2016, 11:38 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

01-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Otis doesn't give out a lot of those Awards
They seem to be more and more common...
01-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
They seem to be more and more common...
Count 'em...they aren't that common, but we are getting some smarter people around here! If you ever see me get one, you'll know they are "common".

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Clearly Otis is a very wise squirrel. Has he ever thought about running for President.....
Otis is a hell of a lot smarter than that!

Regards!

Another thread hijacked by those damn squirrels......some Mod will be on my case any minute now, but it's not my fault. My mind has been squirrel brainwashed for years and I only do what I am told. Pray for mercy on me!
01-04-2016, 01:09 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Count 'em...they aren't that common, but we are getting some smarter people around here! If you ever see me get one, you'll know they are "common".
I seem to see multiple new ones a week...
My mind has been squirrel brainwashed for years and I only do what I am told.
Hahaha!
01-04-2016, 03:38 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I seem to see multiple new ones a week...
That's because you are a loyal Otis follower and you get "Otis Alerts" when he gets involved in something. Plus, like I said. people here are getting smarter all the time....there may even come a time when Jumpers fear to show up and post their idiocy, owing to Otis and his ranting that they know will follow!

Best Regards!

Just in case.....there might be other "Peanut Miners" around, Otis suggests that you carry as many at once as possible.....thieves abound in this world...so unlike civilized and trustworthy squirrels that never steal, you need to get 'em while you can!

01-04-2016, 05:11 PM   #42
Pentaxian

I can't wait for Pentax to finally deliver the long awaited camera........one that I can't afford.

But all is not lost as used ones will be turning up in a couple of years.
01-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Monochrome is humbled by Otis' felicitous approbation.
01-05-2016, 04:22 AM   #44
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Monochrome is humbled by Otis' felicitous approbation.
You maybe humbled... I had to go find a dictionary for your reply.
01-05-2016, 06:02 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I currently shoot two systems
I work with four systems...big deal
Closed Thread