Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2016, 11:32 PM   #1
sunshine7913

It would be pointless if Pentax FF is not a pro gear.

We are still waiting for FF but there are few issues that K-1 might face. What if Pentax FF is not a pro gear?

Flash system is still mediocre compare to Canon and Nikon, poor auto focus features, and slow updates.

These are always problem for Pentax. Since Pentax is making FF, they should start focus on professional field.

Right now, it's not good. It might just a big crop camera with FF sensor.

I'm talking about PROFESSIONAL.

01-09-2016, 11:37 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just the thread we needed.
01-09-2016, 11:48 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Just the thread we needed.
What are you seeing that I'm not?
01-09-2016, 11:49 PM - 6 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here we go again.

Attached Images

01-09-2016, 11:49 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You know what makes a camera "PROFESSIONAL"?

Selling photos taken with it!

I think David Hockney did that with a Kodak 110.
01-09-2016, 11:50 PM   #6
sunshine7913

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Here we go again.
You are trolling.
01-09-2016, 11:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sunshine7913 Quote
Flash system is still mediocre compare to Canon and Nikon, poor auto focus features, and slow updates.
Canon has glacially slow firmware updates, and cameras like the 6D have very rudimentary K-x class AF. And the 5D2 stayed in production for about 5 years, which I guess qualifies for a slow update too. So I guess Canon is not pro either.

01-10-2016, 12:00 AM   #8
sunshine7913

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Canon has glacially slow firmware updates, and cameras like the 6D have very rudimentary K-x class AF. And the 5D2 stayed in production for about 5 years, which I guess qualifies for a slow update too. So I guess Canon is not pro either.
5d mark2? They are making 5ds and 5dsr. 6d is a consumer FF. Expecting professional features is not possible. And canon is being a pro company already.
01-10-2016, 12:11 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

'Professional' is whatever a professional does for a living.
It is not a camera brand, model, or feature.

Having said all that, our local guru kenspo has repeatedly said the Pentax FF will be aimed at professionals. As a card-carrying pro, he should know what he is talking about.
01-10-2016, 12:16 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Well, the sun has set.
Please, close this.
01-10-2016, 12:20 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flash system is still mediocre compare to Canon and Nikon
Flash system is just as good as Canon or Nikon unless you need some of the cool features that no one really uses.
poor auto focus features,
BS. The K-3 AF is near perfect, it simply does not miss. If you cannot use it to take in focus pictures you should take a photography class.
slow updates.
Slow what? No idea what you mean.
These are always problem for Pentax.
No they are not, sorry.
Hmm, I'll have to ask my accountant if the K-3 is able to be used PROFESSIONALLY. I'm pretty sure I need to pay taxes on that income.

But all that said, who cares? What we really need from Pentax is a new rumor so we do not have to waste time on useless threads like this. Oh, and the Steelers won
01-10-2016, 12:26 AM   #12
Pentaxian

We are still waiting for FF but there are few issues that K-1 might face. What if Pentax FF is not a pro gear?

These are always problem for Pentax. Since Pentax is making FF, they should start focus on professional field.

Right now, it's not good. It might just a big crop camera with FF sensor.

Are you a buyer if it is "professional" enough? If you are then clear the credit cards and get ready. You are in for a very "professional" surprise.
01-10-2016, 01:19 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Pentax currently caters to studio professionals, landscape photographers, etc through the 645 medium format system. It would make sense for the FF to supplement the current 645 offerings. It's not going to knock Canon or Nikon out of the park in terms of specs for sports, nor would it make sense for it to be in the same price range as sports-oriented flagship SLRs. Still, the FF should deliver a level of image quality better than what current k-mount bodies can offer.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-10-2016, 01:42 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentax currently caters to studio professionals, landscape photographers, etc through the 645 medium format system. It would make sense for the FF to supplement the current 645 offerings. It's not going to knock Canon or Nikon out of the park in terms of specs for sports, nor would it make sense for it to be in the same price range as sports-oriented flagship SLRs. Still, the FF should deliver a level of image quality better than what current k-mount bodies can offer.
Thanks Adam for what I hope is the last word on this matter lest Otis sees this thread :
01-10-2016, 02:06 AM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
'Professional' is whatever a professional does for a living.
It is not a camera brand, model, or feature.

Having said all that, our local guru kenspo has repeatedly said the Pentax FF will be aimed at professionals. As a card-carrying pro, he should know what he is talking about.
Well said. Is the professional using the camera for police investigations, for use in writing a book, as an aid to an artist in doing paintings, for food photography, for sale in fine art galleries, for use on travel websites, etc.

Is a camera used on drone for professional movie making a professional camera? Because it is different in many ways than one used by a wedding photographer.

As far as the term "professional company", well i don't know of even one camera manufacturer who isn't trying to make money with their products - so by definition they are all "professional companies".

Its a meaningless term, only used by advertisers to sell cameras.