Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax.com is updated with more infromation.

It says FA limiteds are going to shine.

Full Frame by PENTAX | RICOH IMAGING

Also shows the articulating (whacky angle) LCD.

01-13-2016, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I found this part interesting:

QuoteQuote:
One of the benefits offered by the PENTAX 35mm full-frame digital SLR camera is that your favorite lenses, which many of you have used since the days of film photography, can be used at their actual focal lengths.
I think it shows very clearly what the target market is for this camera.

Also this...

QuoteQuote:
Favored by many PENTAX camera users, you can take advantages of the imaging power of these popular lenses in digital photography much as for film photography.
...seems to imply that there will be no unpleasant surprises when FA Limited owners put their babies on the new Pentax FF superbeast. Unfortunately this may disappoint those who wanted a camera "so good it would make the FA Limiteds look bad", but perhaps what it does mean is that what the FF does to images will not grind everything down into a mass of super-ultra-sharpness with no artistic quality.
01-13-2016, 08:11 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Also, a forthcomming upgrade of the 3 princesses looks suddendly more distant...
01-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Also, a forthcomming upgrade of the 3 princesses looks suddendly more distant...
Yea, I was really hoping for a WR, DC-motor 43mm limited to live on my FF

01-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #5
Pentaxian

One wonders who the mysterious "I" is? Corporate, design, engineering, or a mysterious composite?
01-13-2016, 08:24 AM   #6

Wasn't it to be expected that the FA limiteds could be used at their actual focal lenght since they are FF too? Or do I get something wrong?
01-13-2016, 08:26 AM   #7
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Sadness...

01-13-2016, 08:30 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
"so good it would make the FA Limiteds look bad",
Really, someone said that?

Just because other camera companies put out some cameras that made some of their older cheaper glass look bad, doesn't mean the FA ltd were ever in that category. I guess it just comes down to, if there's random order of arranging a series of words, , sooner or later, someone will say it, regardless of how little sense it makes.

From everything I've seen, the thing about sensors out resolving lenses was a case of fears of idle minds, not the result of actual empire research.
01-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Three weeks after the last post, and nothing about the actual camera - that goes beyond teasing! ;D
01-13-2016, 08:40 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Smartphone-sized previews have exactly zero value.
The wording used on that web page is poor at best in many passages, and I hope with all my heart that it is only because of a translation issue.

For instance, first they said that older lenses would have issues on FF because of SR, then the post pictures from the DA*300 implying that you're not using it to its full potential and there's only marginal vignetting on FF?

I do believe that the new FF will be a smashing camera, it's just the marketing dept at Ricoh that's godawful, in my humble opinion.

/rant (and I do not rant often)
01-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Three weeks after the last post, and nothing about the actual camera - that goes beyond teasing! ;D
What are you hoping for?

As far as I know all the data that's relevant to me has been leaked. 36-42 MP, in body SR, pixel shift, pretty much the same back panel, so probably pretty much the same functions as a K-3.

If you're waiting for Pentax to miraculously catch up with the Canon and Nikon pro AF capabilities, or a much improved flash system, you're probably going to be disappointed. I get the impression that those of us who are familiar with Pentax over the last 5 years, are comfortable we know what's coming, but still think there might be a surprise or two in store. But the surprises if any won't be released until the last minute. They will be last flurry of ads before the release to work us all into a fever pitch. That started 2 weeks before the release date, for the K-3.

There is way more information about the K-1 out there right now, than was released about the K-3. People are just getting impatient.

SO, what are you hoping for?
01-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
For instance, first they said that older lenses would have issues on FF because of SR
Wait, what? Where did they say anything about "issues on FF because of SR"???
01-13-2016, 08:45 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For instance, first they said that older lenses would have issues on FF because of SR, then the post pictures from the DA*300 implying that you're not using it to its full potential and there's only marginal vignetting on FF?
When did they say older lenses would have issues? I'm not sure what you are trying to say about the DA 300. Sounds like you have been talking to yourself, not reading Pentax's info updates.
01-13-2016, 08:52 AM   #14
Pentaxian

At one point early in the development of the camera I proposed there might be an issue like that, Pentax never did. And that issue was pretty much resolved within that thread. That is the only reference I've seen to the FA lenses not working with SR, and that was months ago.

Perhaps people are confusing me with Pentax.

If some speculation that was posted can lead to speculation like the above 6 months later, no wonder Pentax never says anything.

Imagine the speculative riot the forum would be if Pentax engineers actually posted their daily trials and tribulations from the lab. People would be wetting their pants daily. If it ever happens, I'm investing in whoever makes Depends.

"The truth? You can't handle the truth."

Last edited by normhead; 01-13-2016 at 08:58 AM.
01-13-2016, 08:58 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Notice in the image data they say... "• Lens used: HD PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited"

I wonder if the FA limiteds are getting a revamp, or is that just a typo