Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-13-2016, 03:33 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Not being able to blame it for your own mistakes?

01-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Both AF and AE-L buttons are exactly in the right position, I mean pretty similar to K-3... (It's different AF button position what bothers me the most when switching between my K-3 and K-7)
01-13-2016, 03:34 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Ricoh Imaging is making a point with those articles - compatibility with existing lenses - and it's amazing how some people refuse to see it.
We all see it, but it's simply not a big deal. As a matter of fact, it's not a deal at all. That a manufacturer's new camera will be compatible with existing lenses is self-evident, hardly worth mentioning. And the fact that there's a crop mode is exactly as news-worthy as the aforementioned - not at all. Because all the other manufacturers are doing it too.

This simply isn't teaser-worthy.

QuoteQuote:
The time and place for new product announcements will be at CP+, not in this teaser anyway.
A teaser is supposed to tease - there is no teasing in regurgitating self-evident facts.
01-13-2016, 03:39 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
Notice in the image data they say... "• Lens used: HD PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited"

I wonder if the FA limiteds are getting a revamp, or is that just a typo
The body text for the 77 says smc. Probably a typo, but why would someone make that mistake? Hmmmmm?

01-13-2016, 03:43 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jyrkira Quote
No all aps-c lenses have any marging. Here is a shot with DA 18-135 at 78mm where sensor is moved down right by composition adjustment. It is sure the image circle is smaller than the circle where sensor can move.
Ok, the * at least, and that would make sense.
01-13-2016, 03:50 PM   #51
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
Notice in the image data they say... "• Lens used: HD PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited"

I wonder if the FA limiteds are getting a revamp, or is that just a typo
HAHA, yes!! Sadness gone...
01-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #52
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
. That a manufacturer's new camera will be compatible with existing lenses is self-evident, hardly worth mentioning. .
Whoa! You should talk to Canon Nikon or Sony veterans. ☺

We take that K-mount for granted.

01-13-2016, 04:06 PM   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
We all see it, but it's simply not a big deal. As a matter of fact, it's not a deal at all. That a manufacturer's new camera will be compatible with existing lenses is self-evident, hardly worth mentioning. And the fact that there's a crop mode is exactly as news-worthy as the aforementioned - not at all. Because all the other manufacturers are doing it too.

This simply isn't teaser-worthy.
zapp doesn't see it
And I remember speculation about the K-1 being mirrorless, having a new mount, not supporting screw drive AF etc. Even on this forum for Pentax enthusiasts, they have to state the obvious.
And the world is larger than this forum
01-13-2016, 05:57 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Agree compatibility with old lenses should be inherent, since the mount will accept them, and generally film era lenses look better on FF digital than they did on film. I use an A7 body exclusively with my film era lenses; most often with Pentax-M for their small size, but also my M42 Super Takumars, and am very pleased with the results. I also use the FF Leica M9 with old Leica lenses, some from the 1950s and some dating back to 1934, and they do very well also.
I need no new lenses.
01-13-2016, 07:17 PM   #55

I am using a K-5 and plan to move to full frame system this year, just love Pentax FF body style but the modern lens options for this FF kinda limited . Prime lenses are acceptable but for zoom lens (one single aperture, wide angle, wr, no-rounded aperture blade) ... I could not find any one matched
01-13-2016, 07:24 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leotimus Quote
I could not find any one matched
The new Pentax 24-70 f2.8 could work for you, except no WR.

More new lenses will probably be announced once the camera is launched, inc a 15-30 f2.8.
01-13-2016, 07:41 PM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Reveals his loyalties to the emperor, he does. - Yoda.
I been found out...

QuoteQuote:
HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mmF2.8ED SDM WR
HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mmF2.8ED SDM WR / Standard-Angle Lenses / K-mount Lenses / Lenses / Products | RICOH IMAGING

QuoteQuote:
I also sold the 31 as it was over engineered for an APS-C normal angle lens.
What could be wrong with an over engineered lens?
This displays an lack of understanding of what folks pay for in a lens. What the 31 has better than it's competitors is really smooth out of focus areas. I've seen many images in many comparisons where the subject sharpness was the same, but the bokeh was busier. So, if you're not in to ad agency type shots with their smooth backgrounds, ya the 31 is a waste of your money and over engineered. But it's easier to get smooth bokeh on a 36x24 sensor camera, due to an extra stop less DoF for a given ƒ-stop. So, in that sense the 31 is more crucial on APS-c than it is for FF.

The only people who say things like the above are those who never understood what they were paying for, or who always used the lens stopped down to ƒ5.6 through ƒ16. If you never used the lens at ti's sharpest at ƒ4, or less, you probably never noticed the difference. I've seen folks run comparison tests for their favourite 28mm lens or what ever and not notice the difference, and claim the images were practically identical. You have to know what you're looking for.

Last edited by normhead; 01-13-2016 at 07:51 PM.
01-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mmF2.8ED SDM WR
Ooops. My bad. You can tell I don't own this lens.

WR is a useful point of difference in relation to the stock Tamron 24-70. Hopefully all the new Pentax lenses, even if they are Tamron designs, will also be WR.
01-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote

More new lenses will probably be announced once the camera is launched, inc a 15-30 f2.8.
HD Pentax-D FA 24-70mm F2.8 ED SDM WR Reviews - D FA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

It has WR but sadly, 9 rounded aperture blade
01-14-2016, 09:05 PM   #60
Imp
Pentaxian

I think they fixed the "typo"...