Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #31
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
Pentax is good but not competitive with all the other guys having gone wireless with their flash systems.
Pentax had gone wireless way back then didn't they? Its optical coupling though but no wires.

01-14-2016, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
OK, that puts things in context - missed that. Thanks for the correction.

You sound like you've got up to some interesting stuff. Is that what the snap, crackle and pop in your signature line refer to?
Yes I got to do high speed photography with some explosions from under 120 g to about 1000 kg and up to 6 high speed cameras in one set up. Days of set up, hours to take down and all for 150 milliseconds of footage. I even did footage of a weapon that I am not supposed to tell anyone about which is fine to me as I have no idea what any of the weapons were. I enjoyed veiwing the shock waves more than the explosions themselves. The frame rate for my Hasselblad or 4X5 are much slower than for the Phantom high speed cameras. My former co worker who still does the high speed photography gave me Snap Crackle and Pop for my 60th birthday. A really good friend as it cost him a dollar.
01-14-2016, 02:30 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
Pentax had gone wireless way back then didn't they? Its optical coupling though but no wires.
Optical yes. However, I believe btnapa means RF wireless rather than optical. Optical has limitations that make it problematic in some situations.
01-14-2016, 06:06 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Optical yes. However, I believe btnapa means RF wireless rather than optical. Optical has limitations that make it problematic in some situations.
Yes Jatrax, I meant RF wireless. Canon has had it for a year or two and Nikon just introduced theirs at CES. I am sure Pentax is not too far behind as it is the new trend and smoething the pro market has asked for sometime now.. Meanwhile, my Cactus set up albeit manual flashes works perfectly for multi-flash RF wireless work. My Pentax 360, 540 and my Metz 51 integrate nicely as well.