Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2016, 05:46 PM   #91
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Architecture Quote
Samsung's new Pro+ line features a 95/90 read/write speed.
Samsung? Really?

M

02-11-2016, 06:14 PM   #92

Samsung is pretty much the only company that manufacturers the flash storage it markets. They are king in the computer realm--nearly every Apple device uses Samsung flash storage and RAM. It stands to reason that they'd make the best SD cards (or at the very least pretty good ones) and as I previously stated, the prices are in line with other similarly performing cards on the market.

They also look very cool, IMO:

02-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #93
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Architecture Quote
Samsung is pretty much the only company that manufacturers the flash storage it markets. They are king in the computer realm--nearly every Apple device uses Samsung flash storage and RAM. It stands to reason that they'd make the best SD cards (or at the very least pretty good ones) and as I previously stated, the prices are in line with other similarly performing cards on the market.

They also look very cool, IMO:
Dependability is what makes me stay with SanDisk.
Hopefully, Samsung will prove to be as good in that department.
02-12-2016, 01:29 AM   #94
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Samsung used to produce SD cards since a long time ago to other brands but never did it under their own name until not to long ago, i have been using their SD cards and so far i love them.. the Pro version is really really nice.. and price is very good too.

Im actually using this one:

and this one:

Here you can find some more info about this SD Cards

https://fstoppers.com/video/new-samsung-pro-level-sd-cards-are-winners-9268

02-12-2016, 04:37 AM   #95
Imp
Pentaxian

New Pentax.com update, they've added stuff about the 150-450, and replaced the funny photoshop error in what is now the second picture
02-12-2016, 04:41 AM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
replaced the funny photoshop error in what is now the second picture
well spotted - but that really is a desperate search for anything new! - at the least the stuff about the SR is encouraging, but why they have to major on the lens again, with worse than ever pictures, I have no idea - and yet again pictures don'r even demonstrate SR - both at 270mm and second one at ISO800!
02-12-2016, 04:46 AM   #97
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
well spotted - but that really is a desperate search for anything new! - at the least the stuff about the SR is encouraging, but why they have to major on the lens again, with worse than ever pictures, I have no idea - and yet again pictures don'r even demonstrate SR - both at 270mm and second one at ISO800!
the second picture is awful, but the first is at least decent