Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2016, 04:51 PM - 1 Like   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by patarok Quote
I always asked myself why so many pentaxians talk bad about Pentax. Now i feel, like i am in the club now.
bulky resolution, no 4k vid, slow still fps,

the counterpart of every PENTAX APS-C DSLR...
...which all seem to have a "sane" sensor resolution, relatively high still fps(at least the flagships) etc...

and hey... not even 60 fps in full hd video mode.. OK not so many people who do photography would do Video and need that, but c'mon...
that hints that there is too less CPU power, what makes me think "the interface must be dead slow, and i dont want to think about continuous shooting with this retiree...

overall nice camera. But what do they say in the UK? Pennies add up to pounds...
*head-shaking*
If you want something for videos buy something else, simple. There shouldn't be a video option in the first place.

02-17-2016, 05:10 PM - 3 Likes   #17
mee
Veteran Member

...and what really makes me bang my head against all the walls and doors in my flat is the fact that it f... has USB2.0 !!! Imagine that!! Guys at Ricoh-Imaging are absolutely insane...
USB2.0 on the newest full frame with 36.4MP(nearly mid-format resolution) and USB3.0 on the years-old K-3...

whats next?
the FF successor of the K-1(if there ever will be one, given the crappy/insane/alogic specs of the first one) with 120MP may have USB1.0
whilst
the next consumer APS-C DSLR with a fine balanced resolution of 18MP will have what? USB 4.0(Maybe they set a standard with that camera...)? Thunderbolt?

It isn't your camera, we get it. Can you please move on?
02-17-2016, 05:38 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Wait... You mean the USB port is supposed to be used?!

Never knew that since my Kr..
02-17-2016, 05:40 PM - 1 Like   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
oh my god.. i think i'll cry in my bed tonight....

You bang your head against a wall and cry in bed over a camera's USB specification?

Can there be a Mrs Patarok?

02-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As I see from this video, grip for K1 is the same as for K3- DBG5
Pentax K-1 review: First look – What Digital Camera

(struggle not to pre-order )
02-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
As I see from this video, grip for K1 is the same as for K3- DBG5
Pentax K-1 review: First look – What Digital Camera

(struggle not to pre-order )
Looks like that might be a typo over at What Digital Camera. Here (Pentax K-1 Officially Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com) they say it's a "Battery Grip Support Yes, BG-6". Bad news for some...
02-17-2016, 05:56 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iCrop Quote
"Battery Grip Support Yes, BG-6". Bad news for some...
Hm, I checked video with magnifier, perhaps I mistaken 6 for 5, but it was pretty clear. Me bad

02-17-2016, 06:04 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh Well...

at least the price is right.

I guess cutting edge isn't available at that price.

Enjoy your full frame guys...and gals.

Maybe Ricoh's R&D budget isn't as big as everyone imagines...
02-17-2016, 06:18 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Oh Well...
You don't sound optimistic
02-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Can there be a Mrs Patarok?
His mommy?
02-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #26
mee
Veteran Member

Menu shows 'Movie SR' as an option. cool.

Edit: aww.. later in the video he states it isn't mechanical.. oh well haha

---------- Post added 02-17-16 at 07:56 PM ----------

The shutter sounds gorgeous though..
02-17-2016, 06:58 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I guess the really insane thing is that the only complaint is that it has USB 2.0....................................

The doomsayers are having a rough day.
...ahmm.... decent tethering over cable? at least you can read everywhere, that we will also get a lightroom plugin for tethering...?
Most would prefer USB3.0 in this scenario over 2.0, isn't it?

Honestly, its just greenhorn bashing... (actually i think its a real good camera)

Not really speedy enough to make me want it like a brain sucking supermodel, but still OK to marry. But it will be more a marriage of convinience and not because of wild hot love. Therefore it lacks 4K video and 120fps in fullhd.(Even compact cameras offer that by now)

And again the babies will start to cry " ohhhuuh. daddyyyi, what do you need enhanced video features for. "
and again i'll answer "Because it makes fun and because it brings sheer CPU-Power, reactivity, enhanced LV features, and much much more into such a machine. Very useful. Especially when you deal with freakin 36.4MP per pic, kids."

If you ask kindly, i'll tell you what features could be possible with 120fps in FullHD, or with 4K. Or just visit other camera makers websites... Maybe you will get "enlightened" so you dont have to give your self the blame to ask.

sry4dabadengl.iainnonativspikah :P

---------- Post added 02-17-16 at 07:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Oh Well...

I guess cutting edge isn't available at that price.

Enjoy your full frame guys...and gals.

Maybe Ricoh's R&D budget isn't as big as everyone imagines...
I know what i am missing, what about you? I would really like to know what features or specs other people would have loved to see built into the K-1 -

we could start a new thread and call it "missing links" or "OK, i am afraid we will have to do that again now..."
02-17-2016, 07:11 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

we could start a new thread and call it "missing links"
Actually it has to be called the "Why I won't buy a K-1" thread. Surprised it has not been started yet...............
...ahmm.... decent tethering over cable? at least you can read everywhere, that we will also get a lightroom plugin for tethering...? Most would prefer USB3.0 in this scenario over 2.0, isn't it?
Maybe, but Ricoh knows that too. And they do offer tethering, so if they include tethering but only with USB 2, makes me wonder if there is an issue with USB 3 that could not be overcome.
02-17-2016, 07:18 PM - 2 Likes   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
...ahmm.... decent tethering over cable? at least you can read everywhere, that we will also get a lightroom plugin for tethering...?
Most would prefer USB3.0 in this scenario over 2.0, isn't it?

Honestly, its just greenhorn bashing... (actually i think its a real good camera)

Not really speedy enough to make me want it like a brain sucking supermodel, but still OK to marry. But it will be more a marriage of convinience and not because of wild hot love. Therefore it lacks 4K video and 120fps in fullhd.(Even compact cameras offer that by now)

And again the babies will start to cry " ohhhuuh. daddyyyi, what do you need enhanced video features for. "
and again i'll answer "Because it makes fun and because it brings sheer CPU-Power, reactivity, enhanced LV features, and much much more into such a machine. Very useful. Especially when you deal with freakin 36.4MP per pic, kids."

If you ask kindly, i'll tell you what features could be possible with 120fps in FullHD, or with 4K. Or just visit other camera makers websites... Maybe you will get "enlightened" so you dont have to give your self the blame to ask.

sry4dabadengl.iainnonativspikah :P

---------- Post added 02-17-16 at 07:02 PM ----------

I know what i am missing, what about you? I would really like to know what features or specs other people would have loved to see built into the K-1 -

we could start a new thread and call it "missing links" or "OK, i am afraid we will have to do that again now..."
Anyone who has a problem with this camera at this price has a screw loose. Really loose. Or else maybe just really immature....

Just so you understand where I'm coming from, since 2001: Oly c5050, Olyc8080, Oly E-330, Oly E-3; Sony A850, NEX7, A7R; Pentax 645Z. Prior to all of this film from the 70's to 2001 and beyond (still shoot a Fuji GSW690II). In film I have shot in 35, medium format, large format. Have and still do shoot professionally, although it's not my living. I am not the best photographer around by far, but I have been around the block a few times.

Again: If this camera at this price point doesn't satisfy, then the problem is not the camera. Full stop. Maybe It's not the camera for you for some great reasons. But the problem is still not the camera.
02-17-2016, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

Don't mind me, I am only a film fanatic who keeps a K5iis and 645D because they work perfectly. I am not really in the market for a digital full frame.

I think I kind of secretly hoped that Ricoh would step up and surprise everyone with a digital LX that basically trumped everything everyone else had.

I know, kind of silly.