Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
02-21-2016, 02:34 AM   #61
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by i5_david Quote
"but for things like landscape this FF pentax should be amazing,... maybe the best camera ever made"
@Nicholas06 in another thread makes a case for not just landscapes, but being maybe the best field camera you can buy.

Btw, I would have thought 36Mp (with pixel shifting) make it fantastic indoors for studio and product photography, too!

Last edited by clackers; 02-21-2016 at 02:52 AM.
02-21-2016, 03:04 AM - 1 Like   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Do you mean instead of simply agreeing, someone should rant like you did here? No, thanks. 😁

It's Here! - PentaxForums.com

Are you as good a legal eagle as you are a camera expert, Patarok?

Bring it on, buddy - litigate. Count that as another thing I'm saying 'yeah' to. ☺
/ignore

:P

(BTW, thx for the English lesson)

And... I watched every episode of Matlock. *rofl*
02-21-2016, 03:15 AM   #63
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by patarok Quote
And... I watched every episode of Matlock. *rofl*
Anyone with a sense of humour is OK by me! 😀
02-21-2016, 06:55 AM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Matthew 5:29-30

Yikes! I shouldn't have read this thread. Dude.
"29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell."

02-21-2016, 07:14 AM - 2 Likes   #65
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If your right eye causes you to sin
I've never managed the skill of controlling my eyes independently. I consistently sin with both eyes together
02-21-2016, 07:34 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Pika pika?
02-21-2016, 10:51 AM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by patarok Quote

FYI: Nikons and Canons Pro-Bodies are also weather-sealed... Sonys A99 is also weather-sealed... That is some kind of standard by now for enthusiast or pro gear... Fuji has it, Sony, ETCETERAETCETERA

So where is the point being proud of the weather sealing?
Yes, because the Canon and Nikon bodies are rarely weather-sealed with metal frames in the same price range that the Pentaxes are. You'd be spending far more to get tbe same specs and WR. Additionally, good luck finding WR or AW lenses for those same brands at all. Especially rare for less than a few thousand dollars. You can find many WR Pentax lenses for less than 500-600.

Fuji, Sony, and Olympus are mirrorless, we aren't talking about them so it's not relevant to this conversation.

02-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sigh. OK.
02-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sweendiggs Quote
Yes, because the Canon and Nikon bodies are rarely weather-sealed with metal frames in the same price range that the Pentaxes are. You'd be spending far more to get tbe same specs and WR. Additionally, good luck finding WR or AW lenses for those same brands at all. Especially rare for less than a few thousand dollars. You can find many WR Pentax lenses for less than 500-600.

Fuji, Sony, and Olympus are mirrorless, we aren't talking about them so it's not relevant to this conversation.
hm... no problem finding complete lists for which lenses are sealed and which are not via GOOGLE.COM...
some of the newer Tamron SP lenses are weathersealed BTW.

Yes, there is no doubt that the weathersealings in Pentax Bodies is way better then the others.
But the real PRO-bodies like 1D and D3 etc. also do a very good job, believe me. (ahem... ya never wondered what those red rubber gaskets on the CANON lenses are good for, did you?)

Though this is one reason I chose PENTAX its just better for some reasons(not for all). The main reason is the haptics, interface and a bit the fun-factor. (The very catchy K-30 caught me immediately... )
So i landed here and i still hope for a second weather sealed FF-DSLR or DSLR-SLT Hybrid camera with lower resolution and faster burst, so i can use my FF-lenspark on it.
Until then i'll stay with my K-3 and consider jumping ship if i want to go full frame. No matter how often people cry around that PENTAX is the only brand that offers WR, what is strictly not true. :P
At least i have pictures that are sharp and have nearly no distortions over the whole frame...
does the job.

Nonetheless I am really looking forward to jump ship if Ricoh is NOT able to deliver a FF with a sane resolution, that is really fast(at least 8fps) so it can catch nearly every moment.... (I love the K-3 and K-5II bodies for being comparatively fast)

Maybe i will sell my FF-lenspark and slowly start to acquire SONY gear... lets see what the A99II has on board.(I mostly dont like sonys SLT thing because there is no way around soaking up batterypower relatively fast)
But thats pie in the sky... As a mentioned before, haptics on a pentax are just superior to every other camera makers products...(The K-01 may be an exception here... LOL)... That makes it somehow hard to leave.(Sony does get close... but its not halfway there...)

---------- Post added 02-21-16 at 06:02 PM ----------

The only thing i ask myself now, is: "When will there be news on the first WR sealed Pentax Q with tiltable display and/or EVF(pop out or hotshoe mountable)

---------- Post added 02-21-16 at 06:43 PM ----------

AAANNND...
... drums plz ...

none of those under 500 lenses that are WR are FF capable isnt it? except the new 28-105 and it is exactly 5 cent below your magical 500 dollars border...

I hope there will be a FF capable DC WR equivalent to the "plastic-fantastic" APS-C duo (or dynamic duo as i like to call it.) so you end up right. Would actually make me happy IF.
Lets hope the best.

And just "FOR THE INFORMATION" NIKON offers its Nikon AF-S 50mm 1.8G for as low as 269 Euro in Europe...in some stores it starts as low as 188Euro...
BTW: IT IS WEATHER SEALED. rofl
02-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #70
Forum Member

There will always be something that needs updating. That's why there will be a K-1 Mark II in 2017/18. I still use my Olympus E-5 and tether it using USB 2.0. No issues.
02-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by henryzhou Quote
I just wanna say shut up and take my money!
I'm thinking the same thing. My not-the-latest-model A7R cost $1,195. I am used to that sensor size already. I can't wait.
02-22-2016, 04:44 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aoresteen Quote
There will always be something that needs updating. That's why there will be a K-1 Mark II in 2017/18
I am not so sure if if a "Mark" II would be better than just a fast full-frame-sensor equipped pendant to the K-S2 ...(would it be called K-S3 or K-S4???or K-S20?)...which would be good for shooting fast action(at least 8 stills per second) and would have a lower resolution-24.3MP(but therefore 60fps FullHD - it wouldn't even need pixel or resolution shift)... And it would not even need the full metal jacket optics... Good carcasse with loads of rubber on it would do... really... Loads of people would fall in love with such a camera, even if they would not believe in it now...
02-22-2016, 06:33 PM   #73
Veteran Member

As awesome as the specs are, specs arent everything and this is where pentax seems to be stumbling a bit. Its not all about specs. We live in an age where technology has become all about being seamless in our lives. We have smart fridges a This is not the first time pentax has been dinged for their questionable aesthetics. I mean, as cool as t he idea of having 36 megapixels and in body stabilization is, this thing looks like it was designed by a first year art student. Retro can someone times look very badass like fuji has done, but look at this thing. It's a boxy, avant garde, nod to the flash powder cameras of old. I don't understand wouldn't just hire some decent designers. I think this is a big reason why they are having trouble breaking into the mainstream. Poor marketing might have been an excuse 10 years ago, but social media has changed marketing and brand awareness in huge ways. It's allowed little things to become big over a matter of weeks.
02-22-2016, 07:53 PM - 1 Like   #74
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by neostyles Quote
As awesome as the specs are, specs arent everything and this is where pentax seems to be stumbling a bit. Its not all about specs. We live in an age where technology has become all about being seamless in our lives. We have smart fridges a This is not the first time pentax has been dinged for their questionable aesthetics. I mean, as cool as t he idea of having 36 megapixels and in body stabilization is, this thing looks like it was designed by a first year art student. Retro can someone times look very badass like fuji has done, but look at this thing. It's a boxy, avant garde, nod to the flash powder cameras of old. I don't understand wouldn't just hire some decent designers. I think this is a big reason why they are having trouble breaking into the mainstream. Poor marketing might have been an excuse 10 years ago, but social media has changed marketing and brand awareness in huge ways. It's allowed little things to become big over a matter of weeks.

Heathen!

Yes, this camera has awesome specs, but as Mike Johnston writes, that peak in the hump harkens back to the glorious Spotmatics of another age.

He says: "The body style reminds me of a Land Rover. Tough, macho and ready for anything, with a beefy grip to hang on to. Clearly it take cues from the K-5 and its descendants, as well as providing echoes of Pentaxes past. Pentax knows how to design camera bodies, arguably above all other makers. Its best are a cut above."

The Online Photographer: O Happy Pentax Day
02-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What did you think of the K-01?