Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's Here!

Just up at us.ricoh-imaging.com

http://us.ricoh-imaging.com/product/k-series/k1/

02-17-2016, 03:43 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I always asked myself why so many pentaxians talk bad about Pentax. Now i feel, like i am in the club now.
bulky resolution, no 4k vid, slow still fps,

the counterpart of every PENTAX APS-C DSLR...
...which all seem to have a "sane" sensor resolution, relatively high still fps(at least the flagships) etc...

and hey... not even 60 fps in full hd video mode.. OK not so many people who do photography would do Video and need that, but c'mon...
that hints that there is too less CPU power, what makes me think "the interface must be dead slow, and i dont want to think about continuous shooting with this retiree...

overall nice camera. But what do they say in the UK? Pennies add up to pounds...
*head-shaking*
02-17-2016, 03:57 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

$1799.95 US$$$$$$$$$.....will make a lot of people HAPPY!

---------- Post added 02-18-16 at 09:58 AM ----------

shipping in April
02-17-2016, 04:12 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patarok Quote
I always asked myself why so many pentaxians talk bad about Pentax. Now i feel, like i am in the club now.
bulky resolution, no 4k vid, slow still fps,

the counterpart of every PENTAX APS-C DSLR...
...which all seem to have a "sane" sensor resolution, relatively high still fps(at least the flagships) etc...

and hey... not even 60 fps in full hd video mode.. OK not so many people who do photography would do Video and need that, but c'mon...
that hints that there is too less CPU power, what makes me think "the interface must be dead slow, and i dont want to think about continuous shooting with this retiree...

overall nice camera. But what do they say in the UK? Pennies add up to pounds...
*head-shaking*
There is no perfect camera. Every camera, hell, everything man made, is a compromise. I've used a D800. The K-1 looks to me to be a good compromise. Smaller and lighter than the D800, about the same still FPS, and at least $1K less than the current D810. I don't do video on an SLR, so the K-1 is looking very good to me. Can't wait to put the ol' FA-31 and FA-20 on it!

02-17-2016, 04:17 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
$1799.95 US$$$$$$$$$.....will make a lot of people HAPPY!

---------- Post added 02-18-16 at 09:58 AM ----------

shipping in April
Best price for this configuration
02-17-2016, 04:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

...and what really makes me bang my head against all the walls and doors in my flat is the fact that it f... has USB2.0 !!! Imagine that!! Guys at Ricoh-Imaging are absolutely insane...
USB2.0 on the newest full frame with 36.4MP(nearly mid-format resolution) and USB3.0 on the years-old K-3...

whats next?
the FF successor of the K-1(if there ever will be one, given the crappy/insane/alogic specs of the first one) with 120MP may have USB1.0
whilst
the next consumer APS-C DSLR with a fine balanced resolution of 18MP will have what? USB 4.0(Maybe they set a standard with that camera...)? Thunderbolt?

02-17-2016, 04:22 PM - 3 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Guys at Ricoh-Imaging are absolutely insane... USB2.0 on the newest full frame with 36.4MP(nearly mid-format resolution) and USB3.0 on the years-old K-3... whats next?
I guess the really insane thing is that the only complaint is that it has USB 2.0....................................

The doomsayers are having a rough day.

02-17-2016, 04:26 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I guess the really insane thing is that the only complaint is that it has USB 2.0....................................

My card reader is USB 3.0. I know it's a kludge workaround but hey, it's Pentax. What did I expect?

/sarc
02-17-2016, 04:27 PM   #9
Veteran Member

what is positive is a 28-105 lens which will have no problems on the edges when mounted on APS-C... *sigh*
02-17-2016, 04:28 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
...and what really makes me bang my head against all the walls and doors in my flat is the fact that it f... has USB2.0 !!! Imagine that!! Guys at Ricoh-Imaging are absolutely insane...
USB2.0 on the newest full frame with 36.4MP(nearly mid-format resolution) and USB3.0 on the years-old K-3...

whats next?
the FF successor of the K-1(if there ever will be one, given the crappy/insane/alogic specs of the first one) with 120MP may have USB1.0
whilst
the next consumer APS-C DSLR with a fine balanced resolution of 18MP will have what? USB 4.0(Maybe they set a standard with that camera...)? Thunderbolt?

My cameras spend about 1/1,000,000 of their time connected to USB. Again, that compromise works for me...

Good one!
02-17-2016, 04:29 PM   #11
Veteran Member

oh my god.. i think i'll cry in my bed tonight...
really.
And i'll start to smoke again.
02-17-2016, 04:30 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes you are...
02-17-2016, 04:36 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My card reader is USB 3.0. I know it's a kludge workaround but hey, it's Pentax. What did I expect?
Yeah, I've never used the usb port on my k-3. I always use a card reader.

Only issue might be tethering, but since the camera is capable of tethering I am going to assume usb 3.0 had no impact on it. It would be puzzling for that reason.
02-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, I've never used the usb port on my k-3. I always use a card reader.

Only issue might be tethering, but since the camera is capable of tethering I am going to assume usb 3.0 had no impact on it. It would be puzzling for that reason.
I predict USB2.0 is the NoOBF issue for the K-1. Pointless little niggle that sucks all the air out of the introduction.
02-17-2016, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #15

I just wanna say shut up and take my money!