Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2016, 11:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Bright Matt III - What?

Hey guys, stumbled over this quote from the Pentax site

"A Natural Bright Matt III focusing screen allows ease of focusing and a true-to-life rendition of defocused areas in the viewfinder image."

Can someone explain what this means? Is with it the kind of focusing possible I have in my K1000?! Sounds cool anyways :-)

02-18-2016, 12:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are saying that the rendition of the Depth of Field should be accurate.
02-18-2016, 12:27 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Does anyone know anything about wether the matte screen is exchangeable, and if there will be any Pentax screens to exchange it for?
Currently I'm using a customized Canon EES screen (Focusingscreens, Taiwan) in my K5, and I can't see myself ever returning to the original screen that came with the body. A true Pentax split image screen for the K1 would be nice.
02-18-2016, 12:28 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Bright Matt" would be a great user name.

02-18-2016, 01:20 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bilybianca Quote
Does anyone know anything about wether the matte screen is exchangeable, and if there will be any Pentax screens to exchange it for?
Currently I'm using a customized Canon EES screen (Focusingscreens, Taiwan) in my K5, and I can't see myself ever returning to the original screen that came with the body. A true Pentax split image screen for the K1 would be nice.
The official camera specs state "Unchangeable Natural-Bright-Matte II focusing screen". Whether or not the screen can be changed remains to be seen, of course.

This could be due to the upgraded viewfinder electronics.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-18-2016, 03:29 PM   #6
npc
Veteran Member

The screen seems to be attached the same way as it is on K5 for example :

However, if the official specs say "Unchangeable" it means they probably won't be making any custom screens... and it is quite big so probably it won't be possible to adapt the Canon/Nikon ones like they do for APS-C cameras.
02-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by npc Quote
However, if the official specs say "Unchangeable" it means they probably won't be making any custom screens... and it is quite big so probably it won't be possible to adapt the Canon/Nikon ones like they do for APS-C cameras.
This is my first and possibly only "thumbs down" for the K-1.

Kjell