Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 167 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2016, 09:42 AM   #211
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's so easy on a Mac...for a US English keyboard (other keyboards have different codes)

Option-2 for ™
Option-G for ©
Option-R for ®

You don't even need to do that in applications that have autocorrect. You just need to type TM or (c) in those...

And of course you can just select Emoji & Symbols from the Edit menu to get the Character Viewer...☃

Last edited by boriscleto; 02-23-2016 at 09:49 AM.
02-23-2016, 09:48 AM   #212
Veteran Member

©®™

I copy pasted my chart but they all work for me...
02-23-2016, 10:00 AM   #213
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Are you typing on a dvorak keyboard by any chance?
No, standard qwerty.
I thought ASCII was standardized.
So did I.
The chart I posted a link to shows 0174 for ®, but others most commonly, show 169.
02-23-2016, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #214
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Kanye who?
Yes, who is she?

02-23-2016, 02:00 PM - 4 Likes   #215
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
˙uʍop ǝpısdn ʞɹoʍ ʇ,usǝop ʇı ʇnq 'ʎsɐǝ sı ® puɐ © puɐ ™ ǝʞıן sןoqɯʎs ǝsǝɥʇ ƃuıs∩
02-23-2016, 10:52 PM   #216
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The floodgates of stupid™

Sounds like a good book title...
I think you should patent the title Digi, it's right up there with Boriscleto'd; and I reckon it is going to get a huge workout in the next 12 months.

As a serious suggestion (forgive me fellow forumites) maybe we should head them off at the pass and start a thread with all the 'dumb questions' answered and just point the newby's and drive by's to it.

You know - things like

"I have an old pentax lens my great, great, grand pappy left me, will it work on the K-1?'
"What is the green button for"
"My k-1 raw files look terrible, this camera sucks, I'm going back to canikon to shoot Jpegs"*

Things like that

*this last may well come from someone known as Ben Stonehole
02-24-2016, 03:36 AM   #217
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Ben Stonehole
Clever.

Is he a Professional?

02-24-2016, 03:40 AM   #218
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Clever.
I'd love to claim credit for it, but I got it from 'that other place"
02-24-2016, 07:40 AM   #219
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe Ken has right. Nikon and Canon have more experience in the full frame area. Theirs cameras have good performance on auto-focus, ISO, image quality, dynamic range, etc. Canon has the best DSLR cameras also for video shooting with Continuous Focus Tracking and Fast and Silence Focus with STM technology. I have a Pentax K-3II with 18-55 and 50mm FA. The auto-focus system is noisy and not so fast. I don't know which Pentax lenses have focus motor on them, how many there are and how they behave, how fast they will focus. Nikon and Canon have a lot of lenses with fast auto-focus system and very good optics. If Pentax wants to put a serious competition in full-frame area they need to work hard. Pixel Shift Resolution and Astro-Tracer are very nice features, but these cannot be a spear-head for Pentax, because you can use them only in few situations, on a tripod and still subjects and in the night shooting the sky.

Last edited by OvidiuRoSb; 02-24-2016 at 08:00 AM.
02-24-2016, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #220
Pentaxian

I hope you're joking... besides spewing nonsense, that sorry excuse for a clown insulted many of us.

Pentax lenses with in-lens AF motors are clearly marked as such - (SDM and DC). AF speed varies (let's see the new D FAs).
02-24-2016, 08:04 AM   #221
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Most people dismiss Ken Rockwool out of hand...
02-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #222
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I hope you're joking... besides spewing nonsense, that sorry excuse for a clown insulted many of us.

Pentax lenses with in-lens AF motors are clearly marked as such - (SDM and DC). AF speed varies (let's see the new D FAs).
I didn't insult anybody fellow Roumanian. I simply put my opinion on this. I admit it's without full knowledge because I don't have Pentax lenses with focus motor inside. I have played with Canon cameras and lenses, with STM technology and it's awesome.
Thanks for the information about Pentax lenses.
02-24-2016, 09:03 AM - 1 Like   #223
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OvidiuRoSb Quote
I have a Pentax K-3II with 18-55 and 50mm FA. The auto-focus system is noisy and not so fast.
There you have it folks! Proof positive that the the K-1 isn't as good as Canikony.
Makes sense. Well, maybe to Ken Rockwell, anyway.

I don't know which Pentax lenses have focus motor on them, how many there are and how they behave, how fast they will focus.
Right. You know nothing about the Pentax line so, obviously, Canon and Nikon are better.
Sound logic.
02-24-2016, 09:12 AM   #224
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
There you have it folks! Proof positive that the the K-1 isn't as good as Canikony.
Makes sense. Well, maybe to Ken Rockwell, anyway.
Also Ken doesn't said K-1 it's worst than competition line. And me neither. He said general stuff about technology and lenses from all of them.
All the best.
02-24-2016, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #225
Pentaxian

I didn't insult anybody fellow Roumanian. I simply put my opinion on this. I admit it's without full knowledge because I don't have Pentax lenses with focus motor inside. I have played with Canon cameras and lenses, with STM technology and it's awesome.
Thanks for the information about Pentax lenses.
Ovidiu, perhaps I wasn't clear, perhaps it's the translation back and forth to/from a foreign language: it's Ken Rockwell who did the insulting (something about people interested in the K-1 having mental issues). He is "that sorry excuse for a clown".

I understand you're actually talking about the AF noise, but please be specific about this because Klown Rockwell said many things; and people would conclude that you're generally (i.e. not about this specific point) in agreement with him.

Oh, one such claims is that 6D is (in his mind) superior to the K-1... and that pigs can fly.

Last edited by Kunzite; 02-24-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Closed Thread