Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 06:48 AM   #31
Site Supporter

He made my day! "Pentax primitive DSLRs"

02-19-2016, 06:51 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I run into people like Ken all the time, the advantage with him though is I can tune him out by just not reading his site.
02-19-2016, 07:07 AM - 2 Likes   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I read the K-3 "review" he did when he first put it out (he since has changed it). He made a similar comment, that only idiots would buy this "primitive" Pentax and even people who have old manual Pentax lenses should throw out the whole lot and buy Canon and Nikon. He tested the cheapest consumer lenses he could find and could find no issues with them, but still slammed the whole system.

To me he is:

1. Unethical
He defends getting stuff from stores, reviewing it and then returning it. That is his business model and he makes money off of ripping the camera stores return policy.

2. A liar
He lies about specs of cameras he doesn't like and omits others when it's convenient to him.

3. A bad photographer
No need to say more.

I could go on but he's not worth my time. I wish he would just ignore Pentax like he ignores Olympus and Panasonic. What a tool.
02-19-2016, 07:10 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by plooksta Quote
He does not mention the IBIS, the pixel shift or the astrotracer of course.
He does mention them in his review of the k3II. So he (apparently) makes his living from a camera review and general photography web site. So first of all, he's pandering to (mainly) gear fetishists, of whom he generally takes a dim view if you read carefully, rather than breathlessly searching for affirmation of your brand/model choice with saliva running down your chin. Disappointed? Go take some pictures, in public so everyone can see and admire (or envy) your brand/model purchasing wisdom. With luck, you might even become a better photographer.

02-19-2016, 07:15 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I wouldn't bother with the guy. He is entitled to have his opinion, but the sad thing is that he doesn't need to have any facts for them. His analysis of the 645z was terrible. Upset that it had so many auto focus points and auto modes.

Beyond which, the Asperger's comment is in poor taste. There is no point in bringing mental health into the conversation, particularly in a way that seems to disparage both people who have Asperger's and Pentaxians at the same time.
Which he also reviewed without ever touching or seeing the camera reviewed it by spec sheet only.
02-19-2016, 07:19 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
That's P, for Professional.
Oh for the love of God, he doesn't really say that, does he?

Actually it's not just the Asperger slurs that upset me; it's the tone of the entire short article, including the way he dismisses a camera that does most things the D810 does and a few things it doesn't... and all for a thousand US dollars less. How many hits does your site need to cover that difference, Ken?

And THEN he has the gall to crow about the vintage 15mm UWA Pentax lens he's got...
02-19-2016, 07:19 AM - 2 Likes   #37
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I stopped reading at Ken Rockwell.
02-19-2016, 07:25 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Rockwell has the style of Trump. Everything is either great, amazing, the best; or its the worst, garbage, for losers.
And he never held a K-1 in hand? There is the problem. If Ricoh would have stroked his ego, sent him a camera, a nice letter, and two nice lenses, then he would write a glowing review of how Pentax is turning a new page and returning to its former glory. Not that Ricoh has to do that; but that is the approach to get something out of that type of person.
He did write some nice comments on some Pentax gear, but mostly really old stuff. Nothing nice since.. the digital era, I guess.

Oh, and its well established that he is no "journalist" or even "reviewer". He is just a blogger.

Last edited by Na Horuk; 02-19-2016 at 07:31 AM.
02-19-2016, 07:26 AM - 2 Likes   #39
Pentaxian

The thing to do is go straight to his advertisers and see if *they* want to be associated with someone who uses Aspergers as an insult, and I'm sure you could create quite a stink by alerting Aspergers advocacy groups to his insults as well. Pentax will do fine without him, but attacking people with learning disabilities because he doesn't like a camera is bullshit.
02-19-2016, 07:31 AM - 1 Like   #40
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
That's P, for Professional.
Oh... My... God...

P for Peckerhead
02-19-2016, 07:41 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I stopped reading at Ken Rockwell.
I didn't even go look at the article.
02-19-2016, 07:44 AM   #42
Pentaxian

Now if it said iPhone on the front and Apple on the back he'd be drooling over it!
02-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
He is enthousiast about the Ricoh Theta S.
02-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Now if it said iPhone on the front and Apple on the back he'd be drooling over it!
That's a highly disturbing image. Let me add to it two words to make it worse: "My preciousssss..."

Mind you, that's also what those with K-1's currently in their hands are saying, and I can't blame them.
02-19-2016, 08:30 AM   #45
Site Supporter

Why do we care about his opinion? He has nothing to show from his side which makes him a expert. He is just another wannabe
Closed Thread