Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hsteeves Quote
you could go to a store in Banff or Cranbrook if you really wanted to ...
Cranbrook is as far away as Calgary.
Banff store isn't really worth mentioning...

03-11-2016, 12:28 AM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Cranbrook is as far away as Calgary.
Banff store isn't really worth mentioning...
you have to train a store if you intend on doing business on a consistent basis. I find TCS overpriced compared to what I can get locally. Banff store gets some good reviews. Last time I was in Cranbrook, the selection had gone down, however.
03-11-2016, 07:03 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
you have to train a store if you intend on doing business on a consistent basis. I find TCS overpriced compared to what I can get locally. Banff store gets some good reviews. Last time I was in Cranbrook, the selection had gone down, however.
Does your local store ship within Canada and if so who are they? I've purchased a couple lenses from The Camera Store, and at the time they were the lowest I could find (one was a refurb though).

One of my local stores started carrying Pentax stuff again, a k-3, a k-s2 and a lens or two. They even have a little stand up pentax catalogue/display on the counter. It will be interesting if they carry the k-1.
03-11-2016, 07:15 AM   #49
Veteran Member

I found it slightly cheaper somewhere in the US.
And they price matched fine.

03-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I trained a guy at the Barrie store when I lived in Orillia, I even got him to swap out their *ist D sample photos for some i provided. He left after a year and I was just too busy to start again from scratch.
03-12-2016, 04:56 AM   #51

This is the official prices for Europe for who is interested

MATT BISHOP PHOTOGRAPHY | PENTAX K1 FULL FRAME PRICE AMD RELEASE DATE AND DFA LENSES
03-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Does your local store ship within Canada and if so who are they? I've purchased a couple lenses from The Camera Store, and at the time they were the lowest I could find (one was a refurb though).

One of my local stores started carrying Pentax stuff again, a k-3, a k-s2 and a lens or two. They even have a little stand up pentax catalogue/display on the counter. It will be interesting if they carry the k-1.
I use Don's Photo, mostly the Saskatoon store and since I live 500km away, shipping is involved. If I don't like it, they accept returns as long as it is not damaged and looks new so great care must be taken. You also can't be throwing hundreds of activations on bodies. Meet or beat anybody else.

03-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #53
Pentaxian

Where in Cranbrook? I'm halfway between there and Kelowna, and only London drugs stocks a bit of Pentax, not much.
03-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #54
Veteran Member

the 1700€ are really a pain, when I see tamron is selling their 15-30 to canikon for 950€ - almost double.
(Sigma 18-35 1.8 ART for 650€). Maybe we will see some Sigma Glas for K-Mount, who knows. Or someone wrote about Samyang considering AF - love their design and lens lineup.
03-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #55
Veteran Member

This is a rare Pentax shop that is in Orillia Ontario. I am sure their prices would be higher but they know their gear James & Greg Pauk
03-13-2016, 04:01 PM   #56
Pentaxian

I used to live in Orillia, for two years and never heard of them.
03-13-2016, 05:53 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I used to live in Orillia, for two years and never heard of them.
They are on Peter St. Downtown

Randy
03-13-2016, 11:51 PM   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Where in Cranbrook? I'm halfway between there and Kelowna, and only London drugs stocks a bit of Pentax, not much.
there is that place, or was, right on the main downtown street and almost the highway. I think it used to be an old bank building. The main street dead ends there, if I remember correctly, as it doesn't connect to the highway. Found it. Cranbrook Photo, 800 Baker Street ( you should be familiar with that street name, if I remember my Nelson streets.)