Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
02-29-2016, 10:38 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
We will see the test at DxO.
I rather prefer listening to user-experience than relying on so called "control-environment" tests.

02-29-2016, 10:39 AM   #47
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Published during which decade?
I expect this within 3 months after release. Simply because DxO and DPR expect it to sell good and that they can earn money with the review.
02-29-2016, 10:46 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Since Dxomark has made itself the laughing stock of the market by obviously manipulating scores in their own economic interest its worthless at best.

Other than some poor non-professional manipulated dxo scoring it's obviously best to have everyone look at pictures themselves. Happily there are a few pro reviewers out there like imaging resource who offer comparable raw files for download.

We just download them and load them into the raw processor of preference (I suggest fast raw viewer or raw digger) and there push the limits. Every intelligent photographer then can see what noise levels result and how they compare.

We don't need idiots with "scores" to tell us what we see or don't.
02-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Until proven otherwise, I'm sticking with this timeframe for a DxO report: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/169-pentax-full-frame/314570-any-k-1-high...ml#post3539969

02-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #50
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i imagine that dpr will soon have actual photos from their test scene posted for eval, it's probably not going to be any big surprise, over what's available on the a7r, d800/d810, etc.

see the shadow recovery comparison here, a7r vs. 5dmkiii: Sony A7R teams up with Canon glass

since the 5ds/5dsr sensor isn't much better than the 5dmkiii sensor, in terms of latitude, you can probably expect the k-1 to crush it just like the a7r did in the comparison above.

this is my a7r at iso10,000, horrible ambient lighting and a viv28/2.0 at f/2.8, no flash, imho the k-1 will be at least this clean, if not better, since it's based on the d810 sensor(??).

03-01-2016, 01:15 PM   #51

Hey folks,
from what i have heard, its in fact not the same as D810 or A7r. My Pentax dealer said they got a few K1s delivered and actually opened the camera and looked into it. Apparently the sensor is labeled as a revamped A7sII.
Cant confirm it of course, but I believe he has no incentive to lie, why would he
03-01-2016, 01:35 PM - 1 Like   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by quh86 Quote
Hey folks,
from what i have heard, its in fact not the same as D810 or A7r. My Pentax dealer said they got a few K1s delivered and actually opened the camera and looked into it. Apparently the sensor is labeled as a revamped A7sII.
Cant confirm it of course, but I believe he has no incentive to lie, why would he
***Cough*** ***Cough*** Opened a K-1 that isn't shipping yet. Sensor visibly labeled 'A7sll'.

M'kay

03-01-2016, 01:38 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
***Cough*** ***Cough*** Opened a K-1 that isn't shipping yet. Sensor visibly labeled 'A7sll'.

M'kay
And tripled the MP count while revamping...
03-01-2016, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

A7sII? The sensor lost 24.2MP just by opening the camera. I'll glue the lens to my camera, so I won't risk megapixels flying away.
03-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #55

thanks for the welcoming responses ... whatever guys,
sensor back plates should have an ID.
as far as i know is the MP count not 100% equal to those of d810 and a7r, also.

im not going to argue with you about information i cant confirm. i thought someone here might appreciate the info, apparently not so.
then keep the heck poking around in the dark, im out of here
03-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

im not going to argue with you about information i cant confirm. i thought someone here might appreciate the info, apparently not so.
Could be an interesting fact if that could be proven, otherwise it is just hot air for the moment.
Don't be alarmed with the replies ... you'd have to expect them with that post though.
Cheer up!

JP
03-01-2016, 03:26 PM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OK - I'll be open minded
  1. How did your source get a production K-1?
  2. If it was pre-production, did your source put it back together before sending it back to Ricoh?
  3. Did your source say precisely which Sony sensor was used, by model number?
  4. Was the sensor IMX094, for instance?
03-01-2016, 03:33 PM   #58
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

I think people's concerns were that with a lot of inaccurate info having been thrown around for years, you just posted some more without checking, Quh - it was no favour you were doing everyone, whatever you thought.

You could have googled 'Sony a7s II" and found it only has 12 Mp before reproducing some camera salesman's rumour.
03-01-2016, 03:52 PM - 3 Likes   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Because he is in sales?
03-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #60
Pentaxian

Indeed; the problem here is that not even the most basic plausibility checking (a roughly similar number of pixels) was done. And somehow we're the bad guys for not believing it?
One credible, independent source which can identify the sensors from various cameras is Chipworks. For example, they confirmed that the D800 is using a Sony IMX094AQP:
https://chipworks.secure.force.com/catalog/ProductDetails?sku=SON-IMX094AQP&...searchText=imx
Yep, the complete report costs $450, and I assume it takes more than disassembling the camera and taking a look. But I assume they're doing much more than simply identifying the sensor (no way I'll pay $450, even though I'm curious).
This article can give you an idea about how much into details they're going:
https://www.chipworks.com/about-chipworks/overview/blog/full-frame-dslr-came...-nikon-vs-sony