Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by John Shriver Quote
Definitely not interchangeable on my K-1. Really too "bright" a screen to focus at all with super fast lenses (50/1.2, 100/1.8). The O-ME53 makes it possible, but not easy. Reality is focus confirmation or live view with focus peaking. Latter works really well with the large bright swiveling screen, but you're relying on IBIS when holding the camera away from your body.
Using a neckstrap and LCD at 90 degrees I have used Live View to achieve stable critical focus with 50/1.2, 85/1.8, 135/2.5, 200/2.5 lenses. Very, very effective for critical focus.

'Good enough' focus is actually very good optically, and excellent with focus confirmation beep on near-field subjects.

05-23-2016, 01:24 AM   #32

I tried manual focus with K-1 a couple of weeks ago with A*85 f/1.4 and A*135 f/1.8.

While it does take som training to get used to I did manage to focus without confirmation. The A50 f/1.2 was a little more difficult, probably because it is soft at f/1.2.

These two (second 100%crop) where with A*135mm.
Attached Images

05-24-2016, 05:09 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Us older manual focus folk need a little help these days.
Hi

I have swapped over the magnifier from my K-3 and it works very well for me.

It is one of those, but I can't remember exactly it was a long time ago when I bought it. I think it is the 1.6x one.
1 08 1 6X Viewfinder Magnifier Eyepiece Eyecup Adjustable for Canon Nikon Pentax | eBay

There is this one also:
Tenpa Camera Eyepiece 1 22x Viewfinder Magnifier Eyepiece for Pentax DSLR SLR | eBay

But be careful with the greater than 1.6x sort as you may not see be able the borders in the VF

The thing is, they fit on the K-1, anyway mine did.

Cheers

Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-15-2016 at 03:12 AM.
05-25-2016, 12:49 PM   #34
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
The thing is, they fit on the K-1
Thanks for that extra info, I must admit that getting on just fine with the viewfinder and my manual focusing (with spectacles on).

So much so, I'm not even using my Pentax O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe Magnifying Eyecups.