Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2016, 01:16 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Which camera have you used that you personally consider to have the best EVF?

As a point of reference, which OVF do you personally consider to be the best?
Well I have a 645z and I think it's OVF is excellent. It's large and bright.

I have also a Sony Nex6 which while lower res, is great to use. I have also used an A7rII and an A99 as well as a Fuji XT1. They are all good.

I am currently looking to create an additional complimentary kit to my main 645z kit and am looking at the Nikon D500, Pentax K1, Sony A6300 and the Sony A7ii or A7rII. This kit is for fast autofocus, travel handheld work and for long tele work. There is a part of me that feels that I must have an EVF for this system because when you are traveling and taking photos, I just don't want to chimp. I want to use exp comp in live view on the EVF and nail the image first time without blowing highlights etc. An OVF just simply can't give me that, ever.

Scott

03-20-2016, 05:35 AM   #47
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
and yes, I know our own nervous system is digital - that's what finally convinced me to go digital
Where are you going with this part? Our nervous system is organic chemistry. Even thoughts, emotions and memory are organic chemistry.

Digital is inorganic.
03-20-2016, 05:37 AM   #48
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Pentax's name advertises the penta-prism that has been their hallmark for many years. I'm guessing they will always feature OVF for that reason alone as long as there is a market for OVF {but they may still provide EVF for occasional MILC's.}
Following that line to the next step, if Ricoh 'goes EVF' I suspect it will be on Ricoh-branded cameras for your very reason.
03-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #49

Photos: Gallery
pentax name will be use for interchangeable lens cameras

Hi Ricoh announced on 02.07.2013 that all interchangeable lens cameras will be branded Pentax.

New company name

Tokyo, July 2, 2013 – PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD has today announced that it is changing its company name to RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD, effective from August 1, 2013.

In addition, the company has also unveiled its future product brand strategy: both PENTAX and RICOH products will remain in the market under the new name to reinforce the company’s commitment to the business with Pentax becoming the brand for all DSLR, interchangeable lens cameras and binoculars, and Ricoh becoming its brand for compact camera and new technological innovations.

Ricoh imaging new name annoucement, - RICOH IMAGING EUROPE S.A.S

03-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #50
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Where are you going with this part? Our nervous system is organic chemistry. Even thoughts, emotions and memory are organic chemistry.

Digital is inorganic.
To me Digital means binary. Is the signal evaluated all or nothing--0 or 1. I understand our nervous system has continuously variable analog components as well as digital.